Cheap Trick Messageboard
Pledge music - Printable Version

+- Cheap Trick Messageboard (http://www.cheaptrickmessageboard.com)
+-- Forum: The Cheap Trick Messageboard (http://www.cheaptrickmessageboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Cheap Trick Albums/CDs (http://www.cheaptrickmessageboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Pledge music (/showthread.php?tid=12617)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Pledge music - tricked out - 06-18-2017

I ordered the deluxe addition from this service, the CD dropped on Friday, figured I would get it then, nothing, and nothing on Saturday. Very disappointed, should have skipped the pre order and went to target. That way no shipping and I would have it. Now gotta wait until monday

RE: Pledge music - clp - 06-18-2017

(06-18-2017, 02:05 AM)tricked out Wrote: I ordered the deluxe addition from this service, the CD dropped on Friday, figured I would get it then, nothing, and nothing on Saturday. Very disappointed, should have skipped the pre order and went to target. That way no shipping and I would have it. Now gotta wait until monday

The chances of getting it before hand are next to nothing so the album doesn't leak prior to release. As far as getting it on the day of release it's the postal service, do you really expect it on time. Also if I'm not mistaken Pledge said CD's are "Shipping the week of June 16th". Which I would take as Thursday at the earliest. That is why they provide you with a download of the tracks on the day of release.

RE: Pledge music - tricked out - 06-18-2017

The release I got said it would be shipping on The week of the 10th. That's why I'm miffed.

Plus, I'm old school and old. I want a physical copy in my hand. Don't have a clue how to download.?

(06-18-2017, 03:05 AM)tricked out Wrote: Plus, I'm old school and old. I want a physical copy in my hand. Don't have a clue how to download.?

Well I checked mine and it said the 16th. If you want a physical copy, if you only ordered the cd and not a bundle, then I'm surprised you wouldn't just go to a store and buy it. Unless of course it would be hard to find in your area. As for being old school and not knowing how to download, maybe I could get my 83 year old mom to email you instructions.

RE: Pledge music - Mike Hayes - 06-18-2017

I ordered CD's and t-shirt via Pledge and have received nothing. Very poor.

RE: Pledge music - Darran - 06-18-2017

The Pledge purchase never arrived on time for BZCH but my Amazon order did. 
Because of that I ordered from both again and this time neither of them have arrived on time.

RE: Pledge music - imalondonctman - 06-18-2017

(06-18-2017, 02:38 PM)Darran Wrote: The Pledge purchase never arrived on time for BZCH but my Amazon order did. 
Because of that I ordered from both again and this time neither of them have arrived on time.

My Amazon order shows release date as next Friday (23rd)

(06-18-2017, 05:07 PM)imalondonctman Wrote:
(06-18-2017, 02:38 PM)Darran Wrote: The Pledge purchase never arrived on time for BZCH but my Amazon order did. 

And that's pretty pathetic. In the 21st century it should be in your letterbox on the day.

(06-18-2017, 05:14 PM)Darran Wrote:
(06-18-2017, 05:07 PM)imalondonctman Wrote:

And that's pretty pathetic. In the 21st century it should be in your letterbox on the day.

Unless they offer a courier option for delivery chances are you'll never see it on the day. As time roles on the postal service here in Canada gets worse because they keep cutting back on costs, workers…

In the age of millennials when people want and expect things immediately I don't understand the mentality of ordering something then waiting for it to arrive later. 

Get off your a**, out of the house and visit your local record shop to buy it. If you you complain that these big companies don't give you what you expect when you want it…stop using them and keep the local vendors in business instead.

Oh, I forgot. There is a record store in every corner! Funny how my friend ordered it from Amazon and got it on the 16th. The day it dropped!!

And if Mike Hayes says they are no good, that's all I need to know.

(06-18-2017, 06:51 PM)tricked out Wrote: Oh, I forgot. There is a record store in every corner! Funny how my friend ordered it from Amazon and got it on the 16th. The day it dropped!!

Some will get it on the day, most (as you have read) won't. They delivered it to you on the day via a download for that very reason. If you don't understand the technology there are places to go on YouTube to learn how. There isn't a record store on every corner here either. But I went and bought one the day it was released. Record stores will preorder for you and have it on the day. Saying you're too old is a piss poor excuse.

(06-18-2017, 06:54 PM)tricked out Wrote: And if Mike Hayes says they are no good, that's all I need to know.
Who?

(06-18-2017, 06:54 PM)tricked out Wrote: And if Mike Hayes says they are no good, that's all I need to know.

Maybe Mike can talk you through how to download the tracks then too.