Cheap Trick Messageboard
Statement - March 19, 2010 - Printable Version

+- Cheap Trick Messageboard (http://www.cheaptrickmessageboard.com)
+-- Forum: The Cheap Trick Messageboard (http://www.cheaptrickmessageboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Cheap Trick News (http://www.cheaptrickmessageboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Statement - March 19, 2010 (/showthread.php?tid=201)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: Statement - March 19, 2010 - Cheap Trick Webmaster - 03-19-2010

Bun E. Carlos is not currently the touring drummer for Cheap Trick. Bun E. remains a band member. Everyone is healthy and Cheap Trick will continue to tour as planned.

- insomniac186 - 03-19-2010

???

- Moose - 03-19-2010

Hmmmm... interesting the way this is worded. It's easy for me to be critical but you'd sort of think a statement such as this, on the band's page, would provide much more detail.
Is this permanent, temporary? Will he continue to record but not go on the road?

But, as we know, this is a band that just likes to keep em guessing...

Hope Bun E is ok...but, I wonder if this means the shows will now be a little longer, like they were when Bun E was out with his back problems. Won't be the same w/o him though.

- bbison - 03-19-2010

Glad...damn glad I got to see Bun at HOB last month.

Hope all is well in CT-land.

- froggie59 - 03-19-2010

I also wish Bun E all the best. Hope everything's ok. I had the pleasure of meeting him last summer with Tinted Windows (at Mohegan Sun in Connecticut) and he was not only awesome in the show, but also a delight to talk to afterwards. Very gracious man. It was such a thrill to meet him. Cool

- Rock_Soldier - 03-19-2010

Hope bun is alright but I am excited to see a show with dax(assuming that is the permanent fill in) after hearing all the amazing stories from the shows with him when bun was out earlier in the 2000's. If tonight's set is a sign of things to come, I am going to be one happy camper come april.

- jcbrown - 03-19-2010

Bizarre...

- CHEAP & TRICKY IN AUSTRAL - 03-19-2010

Hope all is well and I'm sure everyone is missing Bun. Definitely wouldn't be the same without him there.

- silverbeatle91 - 03-20-2010

What in the world? No wonder the band played a longer set tonight....

- insomniac186 - 03-20-2010

Bernadicou Wrote:Please more information. I hate to say it, but I love that guy. He's my hero beyond imagination.
Ditto.

- Willcall - 03-20-2010

Whatever the reason/s for the change, let's all help they are only temporary, and our favourite band continues on in the same brilliant style as they have for so long !

- Trickster_For_Life - 03-20-2010

Get well soon, Bun...We're all rootin' for yaSmile

- Darran - 03-20-2010

So TI issue a statement saying everyone is healthy and the get well soon Bun E postings start.
Bizarre. dontknow.gif

- Zandergal - 03-20-2010

Darran Wrote:So TI issue a statement saying everyone is healthy and the get well soon Bun E postings start.
Bizarre. dontknow.gif
I know Darran, I noticed that too.

Whatever the real reason is, Daxx is an awesome drummer & those who witness him filling in for Bun E are in for a real treat.

- Moose - 03-20-2010

Well, if it isn't a health issue, isn't this even stranger? Based on his history of back issues, it certainly isn't a stretch to assume that is the reason. Otherwise, he's basically not touring for reasons other than health, and, as far as I know, that has never happened before.

With as little info as has been provided, naturally there will be some assumptions made.

As said before, I hope everything is well, whether health or otherwise. And, I suppose it isn't any of my business really. That said, it's only human nature to make some guesses as to what is going on... It's obvious it is something unusual.