Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rick Guitar on EBay…..real?!?!?!?!?!?
10-22-2015, 11:03 PM,
RE: Rick Guitar on EBay…..real?!?!?!?!?!?
(04-06-2014, 07:11 AM)Darran Wrote:
(04-06-2014, 06:23 AM)jon wagner Wrote:
(03-23-2014, 01:45 PM)Cmachouse05 Wrote: Ask the seller, or fly to Canada to check it out!

Yep, I did. Other than "I know Rick and I traded him for this guitar"….that's pretty much what you get. To be honest, the provenance isn't there for a $20k investment. The owner can provide you a picture of he and Rick standing with the guitar. But that doesn't necessarily mean Rick "owned it" or even had it built for him by Hamer as stated in the ad. If it truly is a Rick owned/custom made guitar, sad the provenance isn't there to back it up. And, the Ricky autograph isn't worth the $20k. Would be an incredible investment for someone. JMHO….. For a $20k asking price, a skilled person could easily make a fake…  

What more provenance could one possibly need after I told you he did once own it? Big Grin

Look - it's a LEGIT Hamer USA (T-51) made for Rick.  Rick actually did play a black T-51 live and in the studio in the mid/late '90s (not this one).  Hamer would only do that graphic for Rick, and have used it on a number of guitars they've made for him since 1983.  Rick has had dozens of Hamers made over the years that he's given away, auctioned off for charity, traded or just decided to not keep.

There are a few that I personally know of out there with his "Uncle Dick" graphics in some variation - those were silk screens that Hamer had on file for decades.  I know many the guys who built and finished these guitars, and will probably forget more about Hamer than most guitar enthusiasts will ever learn.  If it ends the speculation, it is 100% a real Hamer made for Rick.  

The price?  That's another story entirely, and quite possibly, there's a sucker born every minute.  Possibly for the mega fan only...