Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the Coolest/Rarest item you own of Cheap Trick?
04-03-2014, 07:10 PM,
RE: What's the Coolest/Rarest item you own of Cheap Trick?
A pair of shoes signed by all 4 members from a celebrity shoe auction that a mall was having. Never worn by anyone in band. Totally random that I got them. Had no clue there was an auction that day.
An autographed 8x10 given to me by Tom after I was taken on stage and backstage before an opening date for ZZ Top.
A Bun drum stick given to my son after he was taken on stage.
A long poster of the Dream Police .
A two sided poster of Cheap trick '97.
A generic white towel given to my oldest son by Rick after a show in Baltimore.
Two lanyards from the XM radio taping.
04-09-2014, 10:37 AM,
I have a promo karate jacket from Budokan. does anyone know anything about it. White the logo in a red circle on the back. Black belt!
04-11-2014, 05:29 PM,
THE BADGE!

To bad they didn't make a promo wallet to accompany it! I'd like to flip it out and pretend I'm a cop!
04-17-2014, 04:19 PM,
I own a Heaven Tonight promo ad puzzle. When I traded for it, back in '78, I was told it was very rare. Not sure but I have never seen another one.
[Image: camera_smiley.gif]
04-23-2014, 07:23 PM,
There is a fine saloon in Chicago callled "The Liar's Club",that had a record release party for "Rockford",which,of course,I attended.....HOT. Tons of promotional stuff...flats,etc. But they had masks of our boys as lifted from the album cover. I retrieved a set. I also have a ginormous paper replica of the first album cover,with the faces cut out,that I got in Rockford,at one of those bars,when they played BMO Harris a couple of years ago.I approached the bar owner,who released it to me. Also,a ginormous Dream Police poster,Albert Hall poster,Metro '98 rare Chicago artist Lowenstein-type hand outs (each unique for the night's show),and my prized possessions....TWO albums flats. One from Navy pier,and one from Illinois State Fair. The Navy Pier flat still has 33 guitar picks still attached,autographed,while the ISF flat...well..albeit autographed...pick-less. I shared the wealth.
I got no time for lovin'
Cause my time is all used up
I stand outside creatin'
All the groovy kinds of love
04-27-2014, 07:35 AM,
Alright, I didn't want to list this, as it's not really a CT item. But I have a stuffed hamster that sings IWYTWM.... Got it the same time I bought a stuffed hamster that sings GoGo Godzilla from BOC,,,, lol
04-27-2014, 07:48 AM,
(04-27-2014, 07:35 AM)Kaiser69 Wrote: Alright, I didn't want to list this, as it's not really a CT item. But I have a stuffed hamster that sings IWYTWM.... Got it the same time I bought a stuffed hamster that sings GoGo Godzilla from BOC,,,, lol

That'll be Nigel. Big Grin
04-28-2014, 07:40 AM,
Yes, I was embarrassed to say it was Nigel, but since you've outed me, I confess. I bought Nigel the singing hamster.... Lol
04-29-2014, 06:27 PM,
my coolest rare item is the poster of rick and tom at the beginning of this article--

http://theamazingkornyfonelabel.wordpres...eap-trick/

06-18-2014, 08:59 PM,
I don't have many Cheap Trick collectables but what I have are pretty cool.

Found All Parts Promotional Poster (framed & matted; it's HUGE)
Cheap Trick now tie. Friend gave it to me when she saw them on the One on One tour.
Bun E. Carlos Ludwig signature snare. Bun E. signed the inside of the shell & original snare head. When he looked at it he said looking at my numbered snare, "you've got one of the first ones, I bought the first 15 or 16 and gave them out as gifts". AWESOME!!!
07-20-2014, 05:40 PM,
Complete set of Bune Bootlegs.
Dream Police badge.
Live Bootleg before Robin featuring Zeno.

Looking for Music for germs?
07-25-2014, 05:59 PM,
All I have are memories...
07-27-2014, 10:17 PM,
(07-25-2014, 05:59 PM)jcbrown Wrote: All I have are memories...

Well hopefully you get to keep them. Cheers
How the hell you supposed to sign a screen
08-05-2014, 10:27 AM,
I've got two of the three Marshall Silver Anniversary cabinets that Tom used on the '88 Australian tour. I got them from a guy who had a buddy that used to own the storage facility in Illinois that CT used for storing some of their gear. Of course...he had sold off the cases...and blown the speakers. The tolex is pretty shredded too. I can't seem to find the pic that I had located on the web (must be on the home PC), but it was a shot from the rear of the stage, and the cabinets were spray painted "201", "202", and "203" on the back. You can barely make it out anymore, but using the pic as a reference, you can totally see it. These babies weigh a TON! I'm not sure exactly how rare they are, but I definitely stumped the crowd on the Marshall forum.

I'm thinking about resurrecting them from the dead. I'm sure the wife won't mind having them in the house...Big Grin
09-01-2014, 07:05 AM,
I just acquired some vinyl after a day at the flea market. All promos, a 12" Saturday At Midnight, a 12" I Can't Take It/Dancing The Night Away and a 10" Everything Works If You Let It. All in perfect condition , for only$5 total. For those in the know... How rare are these? I assume I got them at an awesome price, and was thrilled to find them!
If I never loved, I never would have cried.