Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the Coolest/Rarest item you own of Cheap Trick?
09-04-2014, 03:37 PM,
RE: What's the Coolest/Rarest item you own of Cheap Trick?
There was a thread like this years ago around 2005 - dug it up, so I could cut and paste what I wrote (since it still applies...haha) -
---------------------
A promo "VH-1 Hard Rock Live" cd, which features 6 tracks from CT, and 5 tracks from Robert Palmer. It came with a liner sheet with commercial cues, ad's, etc etc.

I went to the taping back in March, 1997 - just before CT97 was released in the US, so when I heard that this cd existed, I just had to get my hands on it. I ended up finding it in late 2000 when an ad in Goldmine has advertised it for $75. Highest I ever paid for a cd, but very much worth it.

The songs are all live (soundboard) and complete from when both bands appeared on the same show back in 1997. CT's songs are IWYTWM, DP, Surrender, Carnival Game, Say Goodbye, and Anytime.

On the VH-1 Broadcast, "Anytime" was cut, and "Dream Police" was shortened to about 2 minutes (d'oh!).

And another reason this show was important to me - the only time I have ever caught the "Surrender" album flat.
-----------------------------
Life is oh so much better when you're looking forward to seeing Cheap Trick!

"Haaaay, it's me again"
09-04-2014, 05:12 PM,
(09-04-2014, 03:37 PM)Adam Wrote: There was a thread like this years ago around 2005 - dug it up, so I could cut and paste what I wrote (since it still applies...haha) -
---------------------
A promo "VH-1 Hard Rock Live" cd, which features 6 tracks from CT, and 5 tracks from Robert Palmer. It came with a liner sheet with commercial cues, ad's, etc etc.

I went to the taping back in March, 1997 - just before CT97 was released in the US, so when I heard that this cd existed, I just had to get my hands on it. I ended up finding it in late 2000 when an ad in Goldmine has advertised it for $75. Highest I ever paid for a cd, but very much worth it.

The songs are all live (soundboard) and complete from when both bands appeared on the same show back in 1997. CT's songs are IWYTWM, DP, Surrender, Carnival Game, Say Goodbye, and Anytime.

On the VH-1 Broadcast, "Anytime" was cut, and "Dream Police" was shortened to about 2 minutes (d'oh!).

And another reason this show was important to me - the only time I have ever caught the "Surrender" album flat.

Nice, Adam! Very nice!
06-13-2017, 12:41 PM,
It's hard to tell, I think maybe the on stage set list I snagged from the 25th anniversary Concert in Rockford IL after Trickfest 3 in Indiana, what a great show! I don't know, so much stuff over the years. I truly think the best memorabilia I have are all the wonderful memories Cheap Trick has given me and my wife Sandy since 1975!   Heart Heart Heart Heart

Due to a few accidents and needing money for my family I'm having to sell a bunch of CT items from my collection on eBay including a drumhead Signed by the band with 2 Signed Bun E drum sticks and Vip passes,etc framed in a display case, a very rare Trickfest3 shirt worn of course (I do have another one for myself), about 6 Concert shirts, 2 hats, autographed press photo, fan club stuff, guitar pics, signed Baby Talk 45 vinyl framed, framed Uncle Sam CT I Want You shirt with unused Concert tickets, drea police picture disc Vinyl record, Budokan LPs, etc. If interested please let me know. My seller name is Big*Screen*Projectors , My name is Jim, fan club #277
06-13-2017, 01:28 PM,
(06-13-2017, 12:41 PM)trickfan31 Wrote: It's hard to tell, I think maybe the on stage set list I snagged from the 25th anniversary Concert in Rockford IL after Trickfest 3 in Indiana, what a great show! I don't know, so much stuff over the years. I truly think the best memorabilia I have are all the wonderful memories Cheap Trick has given me and my wife Sandy since 1975!   Heart Heart Heart Heart

Due to a few accidents and needing money for my family I'm having to sell a bunch of CT items from my collection on eBay including a drumhead Signed by the band with 2 Signed Bun E drum sticks and Vip passes,etc framed in a display case, a very rare Trickfest3 shirt worn of course (I do have another one for myself), about 6 Concert shirts, 2 hats, autographed press photo, fan club stuff, guitar pics, signed Baby Talk 45 vinyl framed, framed Uncle Sam CT I Want You shirt with unused Concert tickets, drea police picture disc Vinyl record, Budokan LPs, etc. If interested please let me know. My seller name is Big*Screen*Projectors , My name is Jim, fan club #277

Stick a link up Jim.
07-08-2017, 02:43 PM,
Does anyone have one of the "these premises are protected by the dream police" promo stickers they'd sell me? I want to put it on my '72 nova.

Singularity. Unapologetic. No compromise.
09-09-2017, 09:33 PM,
Probably my CT belt buckle.
Cheap Trick fan since 1977

"We got off the plane and thought, 'Man, there's somebody real famous here.' And then we found out it was us." - Rick Nielsen
09-11-2017, 12:54 PM,
I am asleep at the switch, I have the usual stuff from concerts, my oldest guitar pic from Rick is 2004. Sad
Most of my life I have wasted, the rest I have spent fishing. Wink
09-11-2017, 09:46 PM,
(09-09-2017, 09:33 PM)Jervis Tetch Wrote: Probably my CT belt buckle.

On its own or attached to the All Shook Up Leather belt?
How the hell you supposed to sign a screen
09-12-2017, 03:00 PM,
Back in June I asked Rick to sign my Guitars Of The Stars book.  He took the book off me went into a side room and came back a couple minutes later with it signed "Darran thanks for the guitar lessons,Rick Nielsen."
Now anyone that knows me will know how much of a sick bastárd he really is.  Confused

I don't think I've laughed so much in 20 years.   Big Grin  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin  Big Grin Big Grin
09-12-2017, 03:38 PM,
(09-12-2017, 03:00 PM)Darran Wrote: Back in June I asked Rick to sign my Guitars Of The Stars book.  He took the book off me went into a side room and came back a couple minutes later with it signed "Darran thanks for the guitar lessons,Rick Nielsen."
Now anyone that knows me will know how much of a sick bastárd he really is.  Confused

I don't think I've laughed so much in 20 years.   Big Grin  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin  Big Grin Big Grin

And here it is.   Big Grin
09-12-2017, 04:50 PM,
Nice one Darran. My cheap trick bomber jacket from 79 which still fits me by the way! Found all the parts with white label everything works if you let it 45. Budokan sleeve from manchester gig in june!
"Vambo Rool OK!"
09-12-2017, 10:04 PM,
(09-12-2017, 03:38 PM)Darran Wrote:
(09-12-2017, 03:00 PM)Darran Wrote: Back in June I asked Rick to sign my Guitars Of The Stars book.  He took the book off me went into a side room and came back a couple minutes later with it signed "Darran thanks for the guitar lessons,Rick Nielsen."

And here it is.   Big Grin

Ha that's amazing my friend  Heart
~ "Jump in my love car - Don't have to go very far" ~

09-14-2017, 03:19 PM,
I long ago sold my SOTE tour jacket. I have a CT bow-tie, and a SOTE t-shirt and the jigsaw puzzle. I used to write to Sinnissippi Overseas Marketing or Cheap Trick International every time a new album came out and got the order form and always got a new t-shirt. They used to offer older t-shirts and I used to have a shirt from 1981 that said "ROCKING IN ROCKFORD" and "SHAKING UP CHICAGO" on it. Wish now I didn't sell those many years ago on eBay!

I worked for CBS Records and Sony Music in the late 80's, early 90's and still have some great posters from SOTE, LOL, Busted...WUWAM, too. And the Busted Comic and comic CD...

www.weaponofselfdistraction.com | "Everything works if you let it...if you let it in your heart..."