Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Found New Parts
03-23-2016, 10:52 PM,
RE: Found New Parts
(03-13-2016, 12:32 PM)clp Wrote:
(03-13-2016, 11:23 AM)TageRyche Wrote: Is there any word on Found New Parts getting a general release on CD later in the year or something?

Haven't heard anything yet. Would still like to get the Epic Archive releases on CD too. It seems like the industry is trying to kill the CD off for some reason even though it still accounts for over 50% of total sales. I refuse to purchase downloads, I like physical product. I personally know two people that lost their entire collection to a corrupt hard drive and have heard stories of at least seven others.

New information released this week for 2015 says that physical product now accounts for 30% of sales.  But I prefer it too.  I've yet to download an album.
03-23-2016, 11:25 PM,
(03-23-2016, 10:52 PM)clockstrikesten Wrote:
(03-13-2016, 12:32 PM)clp Wrote:
(03-13-2016, 11:23 AM)TageRyche Wrote: Is there any word on Found New Parts getting a general release on CD later in the year or something?

Haven't heard anything yet. Would still like to get the Epic Archive releases on CD too. It seems like the industry is trying to kill the CD off for some reason even though it still accounts for over 50% of total sales. I refuse to purchase downloads, I like physical product. I personally know two people that lost their entire collection to a corrupt hard drive and have heard stories of at least seven others.

New information released this week for 2015 says that physical product now accounts for 30% of sales.  But I prefer it too.  I've yet to download an album.

I read something closer to that too. Don't remember where I saw the 50% thing but I did find it hard to believe.
03-24-2016, 12:03 PM,
I will be lined up on Record Store Day because it is the release date for this LP. April 16 at a record store near you. You can probably get it for 19.99 or buy it on EBay for 29.99 or more.
04-01-2016, 02:02 PM,
Drove to my local record store today April 1st, 15 American dollars with tax for a fresh copy of BZCH. Talked to my friendly owner and asked him about the 10 inch on record store day. He politely said he would not have it........... because they made the stores put in orders early...... so unless your near a really big store I would contact your record store day retailer and see if it will be available for you.... just trying to help out us insane Trick Fans.
Its All Right, Shes All Nite, Shes All Right With Me............ Tongue
04-12-2016, 10:26 PM,
Thanks for the tip to call ahead. I was planning on taking the chance I would find it but reading through this thread, with only 4000 available countrywide my chances are slim. But I am looking forward to RSD in Buffalo, N.Y. I love searching for used vinyl. My favorite treasures are Greatest Hits albums from Neil Diamond, Sly and the Family Stone and Paul Revere and The Raiders, @ 25 cents each.
I love records stores. I spent 3 years in the late 70's working in Record Theatre's warehouse, putting price stickers on albums, cassettes and 8 tracks. Best job ever.
If I never loved, I never would have cried.
04-16-2016, 09:31 AM,
I got my copy. My store is a very tiny one and they had 3 copies. My RSD hauls were Found New Parts (which I mistakenly thought was a re-release of FATP at first and almost didn't pick it up), Complete Budokan, & Big Star Complete Columbia.
04-16-2016, 09:40 AM,
Got mine too!
Woke up at 3:45 this morning, was queuing up in the freezing cold at 4:45 outside a shop that opens at 8:00
32 people in the queue in front of me but by 9:00 I had my copies of Found New Parts and Complete Budokan
Might go back to bed now!
I could use a little more cowbell
04-16-2016, 10:04 AM,
There's loads on eBay.
04-16-2016, 11:28 AM,
Is it colored vinyl? I'm not sure if I'd be interested since there really is only one 'exclusive' song and even at that, it's on the Japanese import, further it could be found on the internet as a download (if you look hard enough). There's not even any new artwork or anything else as far as I can tell.
And with all the loves and hates and passions just like mine...
04-16-2016, 12:23 PM,
Rather disappointed to see these copies on EBay. Some people queued and didn't get anything, while others in front of them just went and bought stuff they didn't want to make a few dollars on top. Sad.
04-16-2016, 12:56 PM,
I was able to get a copy! Waited a little over an hour in line to check out. They were limiting all RSD items to one copy per person. Also got a Monkees 45 for sister. Record Theatre, Buffalo, N.Y.
If I never loved, I never would have cried.
04-16-2016, 01:22 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-16-2016, 01:23 PM by FredZeppelin.)
Healthy supply of FNP & Budokan at Rhino Records in my neighborhood.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CgLr3mzUUAAZ21p.jpg:large

Waited a long time in line to pay for my two copies of FNP, just for the clerk to tell me only one title per customer. I didn't quite understand until seeing the posts about numpties trying to profit on eBay (I was only buying a back-up copy, like I always do). Fortunately, the nice couple behind me offered to buy my second copy for me if I fronted the cash.

The reusable canvas schwag bag they gave me with my purchase included a DVD of the AC/DC BIB videos, a Robert Goulet album, Double Bubble, a Dum Dum, an obscure cassette and and some obsure 45's.
04-16-2016, 02:30 PM,
My Record Store Day haul was much smaller than I thought it was going to be today. The store I shop at didn't have a special sale like they usually do.

So I got my copy of the Cheap Trick vinyl release Found New Parts. And then I picked up three albums that came out yesterday which were the new Lita Ford CD Time Capsule, two more of the Phil Collins reissue series (No Jacket Required and Testify) and replaced my no longer working cassette copy for a CD version of the Ozzy Osbourne / Randy Rhoads album Tribute.
04-16-2016, 07:32 PM,
I don't care if a customer stands in line and buys a couple copies and tries to make a buck on eBay. They did their time in line. My issue is the eBay listings that are 3 days before RSD and they clearly say presale. That's the record stores trying to rip people off.
04-16-2016, 07:34 PM,
(04-16-2016, 07:32 PM)PEBA Wrote: I don't care if a customer stands in line and buys a couple copies and tries to make a buck on eBay. They did their time in line. My issue is the eBay listings that are 3 days before RSD and they clearly say presale. That's the record stores trying to rip people off.

Pebes is right here it's just not right.   Angry