Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Found New Parts
04-16-2016, 10:46 PM,
RE: Found New Parts
Got in line at midnight. Easy Street Records (in Seattle) opened at 7am...scored both FNP + Complete Budokan. Awwwww YEAH! *(also, spent waaaay too much on other LPs!)*
GOO GOO GOO JOOB...

("No you're not" said Little Nicole)
04-17-2016, 12:52 AM,
I decided to skip Easy Street (as wonderful as it is) and wandered into Silver Platters in Lynnwood at around 10:30...they still had several copies of each, plus some interesting CDs I didn't have in the CT collection. You should try that hidden gem!
04-17-2016, 08:39 AM,
(04-17-2016, 12:52 AM)Tricktoria Wrote: I decided to skip Easy Street (as wonderful as it is) and wandered into Silver Platters in Lynnwood at around 10:30...they still had several copies of each, plus some interesting CDs I didn't have in the CT collection.  You should try that hidden gem!

I hear ya!  I just wanted to get in early after a long night in line.  I work near the Lynnwood SP and plan to hit even today--I missed on a couple of RSD records at Easy Street, so I'm throwing a Hail Mary for James Brown, Bill Evans, Doctor Who, The Residents, and a few others...
GOO GOO GOO JOOB...

("No you're not" said Little Nicole)
04-17-2016, 09:51 AM,
(04-17-2016, 08:39 AM)The Walrus Wrote:
(04-17-2016, 12:52 AM)Tricktoria Wrote: I decided to skip Easy Street (as wonderful as it is) and wandered into Silver Platters in Lynnwood at around 10:30...they still had several copies of each, plus some interesting CDs I didn't have in the CT collection.  You should try that hidden gem!

I hear ya!  I just wanted to get in early after a long night in line.  I work near the Lynnwood SP and plan to hit even today--I missed on a couple of RSD records at Easy Street, so I'm throwing a Hail Mary for James Brown, Bill Evans, Doctor Who, The Residents, and a few others...
The RESIDENTS! AAAAAHHHH! lifelong fan here. Saw them only once for the Wormwood tour. Creepiest, most magical Disney dark ride ever!

My store had Doctor Who And The Daleks, and I was pretty flipping close to grabbing one. Some terrific music.

I very much love Seattle too, btw. I once tried to figure out where the Elliott Bay Towers would be based on the view from Frasier's apartment, and the best I could determine was that it was somewhere in the middle of the Puget Sound.
04-18-2016, 07:16 PM,
Judging by the number of Found New Parts EP's on sale in the UK, it WAS available here..
04-19-2016, 09:36 PM,
After not making it out on RSD, on a whim, I popped into the House of Guitars in Rochester, NY today. Scored a couple FNP.
What a place that store is! Every inch of that place is covered with something. Vinyl stacked everywhere, old concert tees remain hanging from the ceiling from when I was a kid, and basically just stuff galore. And that's just me entering the lower level where the discs are. Haven't been upstairs in forever. Messy, for sure, but a gem nonetheless. 
Had to check, and they did have two BZCH, one Rockford, and one other CT disc, I think Budokan. But chances are I never would have found the FNP LP resting in a cardboard box marked "RSD 2016" randomly plopped on top of some other CDs if I hadn't asked. Wandering around, I then noticed similar boxes of releases from prior RSD years. 
My CT radar was working quite well because amongst all the clutter, I was able to spot a framed 8x10 of CT playing a free show at the HoG, and in a different spot, a framed autographed copy of SOTE. Not bad considering every support post is covered with pictures of artists who have been there thru the years. I know CT has signed the wall, too, but could no longer find that easily. 
They somehow fit live music in there, too, including all day for RSD. The young worker that helped me, even seemed to remember Ian Zander playing there (I think that was already last summer?) 
An unexpectedly fun day, considering I was only back in town (it's now close to an hour away for me) for otherwise boring errands and appointments.  Cool

I just LOVE being a Cheap Trick fan!
04-23-2016, 03:14 AM,
(04-18-2016, 07:16 PM)12stringbassist Wrote: Judging by the number of Found New Parts EP's on sale in the UK, it WAS available here..

Yes it was, I got mine  Cool
I could use a little more cowbell
04-24-2016, 09:35 AM,
I picked up both Record Store Day CT releases at the Electric Fetus in Minneapolis last Saturday morning. Was there for a few hours, exploring the place and listening to live music. They had bands both inside he store and out back as well as food trucks in the parking lot for lunch. My first Record Store Day experience and it was cool!

Evidently Prince went there last Saturday too which is now one of the last times he was seen in public. I missed him as he went later in the day. ?

Here is what he bought:
Stevie Wonder - "Talking Book"
The Chambers Brothers - "The time has Come"
Joni Mitchell - "Hejira"
Swan Silvertones - "Inspirational Gospel Classics"
Missing Persons - "The Best of Missing Persons"
Santana - "Santana IV"
Debbie Lowe
"Thought no one could hear me, I was goin' insane...!"
"Dance, dance, dance across the floor, a lust for life I've never seen before"
04-24-2016, 09:54 AM,
(04-24-2016, 09:35 AM)Debbie Lowe Wrote: I picked up both Record Store Day CT releases at the Electric Fetus in Minneapolis last Saturday morning.  Was there for a few hours, exploring the place and listening to live music.  They had bands both inside he store and out back as well as food trucks in the parking lot for lunch.  My first Record Store Day experience and it was cool!  

Evidently Prince went there last Saturday too which is now one of the last times he was seen in public.  I missed him as he went later in the day.  ?

Here is what he bought:
Stevie Wonder - "Talking Book"
The Chambers Brothers - "The time has Come"
Joni Mitchell - "Hejira"
Swan Silvertones - "Inspirational Gospel Classics"
Missing Persons - "The Best of Missing Persons"
Santana - "Santana IV"

Missing Persons is an interesting one lots of FZs old friends.  Tongue
Terry Bozzios little drum kit.
04-24-2016, 10:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-24-2016, 10:27 AM by FredZeppelin.)
I assume you are referring to Frank Zappa, not me. At first, I thought you were insinuating that Dexter Morgan and I shared the same hobby. Actually, it's not uncommon for people to think that because I get a boner every time I see a box of Saran Wrap, but that's because of Dale Bozzio.

Missing Persons was spectacular.

The 2 Bozzio Levin Stevens records are superb, among other projects TB worked on post FZ & MP.

Going back to FZ, T. Bozzio also did the devil part in Titties And Beer.
04-24-2016, 10:36 AM,
(04-24-2016, 10:22 AM)FredZeppelin Wrote: I assume you are referring to Frank Zappa, not me.  At first, I thought you were insinuating that Dexter Morgan and I shared the same hobby.  Actually, it's not uncommon for people to think that because I get a boner every time I see a box of Saran Wrap, but that's because of Dale Bozzio.

Missing Persons was spectacular.  

The 2 Bozzio Levin Stevens records are superb, among other projects TB worked on post FZ & MP.

Going back to FZ, T. Bozzio also did the devil part in Titties And Beer.

Big Grin
05-08-2016, 01:29 AM,
Super-Easy to get EP from my local vinyl supplier,
it was a pleasure
05-08-2016, 11:47 AM,
I don't know what the point of this release was. Album tracks plus the bonus song from the Japan cd.

I wish they'd use record store day as an avenue to put out an ep with unreleased (or not on vinyl) stuff like loser, fan club, the Rock and rule tracks, etc...

Also it'd be great if they could use rsd to release WUWAM and '97.

Singularity. Unapologetic. No compromise.
05-09-2016, 11:47 AM,
(05-08-2016, 11:47 AM)Rock_Soldier Wrote: Also it'd be great if they could use rsd to release WUWAM and '97.

If we're making a wish list I really wouldn't mind having Rockford, Latest, Silver, and Hangovers on vinyl as well.
05-09-2016, 10:52 PM,
(05-09-2016, 11:47 AM)PEBA Wrote:
(05-08-2016, 11:47 AM)Rock_Soldier Wrote: Also it'd be great if they could use rsd to release WUWAM and '97.

If we're making a wish list I really wouldn't mind having Rockford, Latest, Silver, and Hangovers on vinyl as well.

The latest did have a limited vinyl release. It catches a pretty penny these days though.

I would love the rest of the albums you mentioned as well, though

Singularity. Unapologetic. No compromise.