04-03-2016, 06:51 AM,
Ebay
Twats.  Angry
04-03-2016, 08:09 AM,
RE: Ebay
agreed!
04-03-2016, 08:44 AM,
I just submitted an offer. If they accept, I won't pay (one non-paying bidder strike won't do any harm). That will keep it off the market for a while, then we can all take a turn buying and not paying. Btw, can't do BIN cuz it requires immediate payment to compleat the purchase; not so if you make an offer and they accept.
04-03-2016, 09:30 AM,
Why would anyone want something signed by someone when they were not present for the signing? I know crazy hardcore fans. I have a shirt signed by Robin that my wife wore to see them in 2001, I really don't think it would mean anything to anyone else.
Its All Right, Shes All Nite, Shes All Right With Me............ Tongue
04-03-2016, 10:51 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-03-2016, 10:54 AM by Jonny Con Carne.)
If someone is willing to pay extra, then there will always be people who will take advantage and make money off of it.  In this case, if the buyer thinks it's worth $69.99 for an autographed CD, then so be it.  No different than paying more than face value for a ticket on Ticketmaster resale, StubHub, Ace Ticket, etc.  There have been a few times that I paid more for a ticket because it was worth it to me.  On the flip side, I've also got tix for less than face value by waiting it out.
But, I admit that this case is a douche-y because they got the autographs for the sole purpose of taking advantage of a CT fan.

Bye-bye, so long, farewell, bye-bye, so long, sayonara, bye-bye, au revoir, Auf Wiedersehen,
JCC

"I Want You to ROCK YOUR SPEECH!!!"
04-03-2016, 10:57 AM,
The issue is that the band doesn't have these autograph sessions as a means of other people making profit from them. They have them for the real fans to get a memento of their passion for the band. It's a douchey move.

My world is in a spin
You wanna come on in?
04-03-2016, 12:47 PM,
(04-03-2016, 10:51 AM)Jonny Con Carne Wrote: If someone is willing to pay extra, then there will always be people who will take advantage and make money off of it.  In this case, if the buyer thinks it's worth $69.99 for an autographed CD, then so be it.  No different than paying more than face value for a ticket on Ticketmaster resale, StubHub, Ace Ticket, etc.  There have been a few times that I paid more for a ticket because it was worth it to me.  On the flip side, I've also got tix for less than face value by waiting it out.
But, I admit that this case is a douche-y because they got the autographs for the sole purpose of taking advantage of a CT fan.

Yea but the show ticket gives back a signature just stares at you!
Its All Right, Shes All Nite, Shes All Right With Me............ Tongue
04-03-2016, 01:48 PM,
(04-03-2016, 10:57 AM)houseisrockin Wrote: The issue is that the band doesn't have these autograph sessions as a means of other people making profit from them.  They have them for the real fans to get a memento of their passion for the band.   It's a douchey move.

I agree it's a douchey move but if someone can't be at the autograph session and is willing to spend $69.99 for an autographed CD, then what's the harm.

Bye-bye, so long, farewell, bye-bye, so long, sayonara, bye-bye, au revoir, Auf Wiedersehen,
JCC

04-03-2016, 01:49 PM,
(04-03-2016, 01:48 PM)Jonny Con Carne Wrote:
(04-03-2016, 10:57 AM)houseisrockin Wrote: The issue is that the band doesn't have these autograph sessions as a means of other people making profit from them.  They have them for the real fans to get a memento of their passion for the band.   It's a douchey move.

I agree it's a douchey move but if someone can't be at the autograph session and is willing to spend $69.99 for an autographed CD, then what's the harm.

There's no harm to the consumer.  Just harm to the band because someone took advantage of their generosity.

My world is in a spin
You wanna come on in?
04-03-2016, 02:21 PM,
(04-03-2016, 01:49 PM)houseisrockin Wrote:
(04-03-2016, 01:48 PM)Jonny Con Carne Wrote:

There's no harm to the consumer.  Just harm to the band because someone took advantage of their generosity.

True.  Autographed stuff is sold all the time whether it's a CD, or a baseball, or a picture, or a salad tong.  There are a lot of collectors for memorabilia, so there will be a market to make money off of it.  But, like I said before, this is a douche move because it was done specifically to take advantage of a CT fan which is no different than a scalper who buys tix to screw someone.

JCC

04-03-2016, 03:56 PM,
(04-03-2016, 06:51 AM)Darran Wrote: Twats.  Angry

looks like one has sold already. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cheap-Trick-Sign...SwiylXAC~T
04-06-2016, 08:14 AM,
If someone at the back of the queue didn't get into the store because of someone selling a signed item, I imagine they would be quite sick at the sight of this.
04-07-2016, 09:57 PM,
Not cool!
Most of my life I have wasted, the rest I have spent fishing. Wink