Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Australian Radio, ho-hum !!!
04-26-2016, 05:01 AM,
Australian Radio, ho-hum !!!
I contacted my local radio station recently via email, they have something called the KO-FM music jury.
I joined their "music jury" just so I could get onto them about Bang Zoom.
The only songs they play from our beloved boys are, If you want my love, Dream police and the Flame. We don't even get surrender LOL.
So anyway I sent an email talking about the new single (When I wake up tomorrow).
They actually replied and said they had seen the new song online and were going to play it in a "now and then" feature.
I didn't hear it, and can only presume that it was a once only thing.
Being determined as I am, I wrote again and mentioned that the song and album are charting on Billboard, I spoke of the R & R HOF, I told of the brilliant reviews they have been getting and suggested they get the song on rotation.
No reply.
This by the way is a station that plays 80's 90's and new stuff, more rock than anything and I cannot get the song on.
Yet bloody "Sound of silence" (disturbed's version) is on every day !!!

So frustrating. Anyway... just thought I'd share.
Come to me, I'm your Boogey Man.
04-26-2016, 04:51 PM,
RE: Australian Radio, ho-hum !!!
It's the same here in UK. Not a sausage on mainstream radio. Just usual lack of promotion.
"Vambo Rool OK!"
04-28-2016, 01:36 PM,
(04-26-2016, 05:01 AM)Mikky57 Wrote: I contacted my local radio station recently via email, they have something called the KO-FM music jury.
The only songs they play from our beloved boys are, If you want my love, Dream police and the Flame. We don't even get surrender LOL.
So anyway I sent an email talking about the new single (When I wake up tomorrow).
They actually replied and said they had seen the new song online and were going to play it in a "now and then" feature.
Being determined as I am, I wrote again and mentioned that the song and album are charting on Billboard, I spoke of the R & R HOF, I told of the brilliant reviews they have been getting and suggested they get the song on rotation.
No reply.
This by the way is a station that plays 80's 90's and new stuff, more rock than anything and I cannot get the song on.

Strange that 'If You Want My Love' wouldn't be one of the other songs they play there since it actually made it to #1.
04-28-2016, 01:43 PM,
(04-26-2016, 04:51 PM)dextershrill Wrote: It's the same here in UK. Not a sausage on mainstream radio. Just usual lack of promotion.

They're raving over the new single on Planet Rock.
04-28-2016, 05:31 PM,
Yeah I know D. Should be on the playlist of Beeb radio stations. I'm surprised 6 music has no interest. Who's responsible for promo in the UK? Had a look in HMV for BZCH and they only had Dream Police & Greatest Hits. Clearly big machine have no interest in advancing the band abroad?
"Vambo Rool OK!"
04-28-2016, 08:55 PM,
(04-28-2016, 05:31 PM)dextershrill Wrote: Yeah I know D. Should be on the playlist of Beeb radio stations. I'm surprised 6 music has no interest. Who's responsible for promo in the UK? Had a look in HMV for BZCH and they only had Dream Police & Greatest Hits. Clearly big machine have no interest in advancing the band abroad?

I did see the CD in my local Music shop Down Here.
How the hell you supposed to sign a screen
04-29-2016, 12:23 AM,
(04-28-2016, 05:31 PM)dextershrill Wrote: Yeah I know D. Should be on the playlist of Beeb radio stations. I'm surprised 6 music has no interest. Who's responsible for promo in the UK? Had a look in HMV for BZCH and they only had Dream Police & Greatest Hits. Clearly big machine have no interest in advancing the band abroad?

If the rumour of fall UK dates is true maybe BigMachine are waiting for a big push then to tie-in with the tour dates.
04-29-2016, 03:15 AM,

Well their most explosive interview so far was given to the UK Gaurdian and in my opinion it was never going to be played on the mainstream Beeb channels (apart from possibly 6) nothing ever is.
04-29-2016, 05:15 AM,
(04-29-2016, 12:23 AM)clp Wrote:

If the rumour of fall UK dates is true maybe BigMachine are waiting for a big push then to tie-in with the tour dates.

Well from what I'm told from a very good sauce there's currently nothing booked for the UK. 

(and yes I know it's source)  Big Grin
04-29-2016, 12:14 PM,
HP? Dolmio? Lloyd Grossman?
"Vambo Rool OK!"
04-29-2016, 12:20 PM,
(04-29-2016, 12:14 PM)dextershrill Wrote: HP? Dolmio? Lloyd Grossman?

Tomato Catch Up.  Big Grin
05-01-2016, 03:46 AM,
(04-28-2016, 01:36 PM)clp Wrote:
(04-26-2016, 05:01 AM)Mikky57 Wrote: I contacted my local radio station recently via email, they have something called the KO-FM music jury.
No reply.

Strange that 'If You Want My Love' wouldn't be one of the other songs they play there since it actually made it to #1.

If you want my love is the first song I mention that they DO play. LOL
Come to me, I'm your Boogey Man.
05-01-2016, 03:00 PM,
(05-01-2016, 03:46 AM)Mikky57 Wrote:
No reply.

Next time I'll make sure I have my glasses on when try to read posts on here.
05-01-2016, 03:47 PM,
(05-01-2016, 03:00 PM)clp Wrote:
(05-01-2016, 03:46 AM)Mikky57 Wrote:
No reply.

Next time I'll make sure I have my glasses on when try to read posts on here.

lol Clive 
I was blind, now I can see your love shines all around me.  Heart