Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Julian Raymond now the chief songwriter for the band?
07-14-2016, 11:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-14-2016, 11:14 AM by Schlichtl.)
RE: Julian Raymond now the chief songwriter for the band?
(07-14-2016, 09:05 AM)Darran Wrote:
(07-14-2016, 08:41 AM)PEBA Wrote: I think they should retire* & pass the band down to the kids**. Daxx on Drums, Miles-Vocals & Guitar. Fill out the rest of the line-up with Ian, Holland, Taylor & Sailor. Scarlett & Erron. Lilah & Liam.

*I'm just kidding about retiring, don't kill me.
**I would give a Cheap Kids album a listen.

Ian,Robin T.,Daxx,Miles & Liam.  

They could be called Here Comes The Sons.   Big Grin

doo doo doo...it's all right

PEBA: "Don't kill me". LOL
But indeed, very talented children.
07-14-2016, 03:19 PM,
Whatever happened to that plan to work with Jack Douglas? Was it just scheduling conflicts? I think it was early last year that Douglas tweet that he was looking forward to working with the band. Then he said the was finishing up on a project and the Cheap Trick was next on his list. Then finally he said something about Rick hard at work at writing new songs and that everything was coming along. Then nothing. Wonder what fell through? It seemed that Jack Douglas was perhaps too booked up and neither schedules could align.
And with all the loves and hates and passions just like mine...
07-18-2016, 11:05 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-18-2016, 11:05 AM by Paul Calypso.)
[quote pid='145695' dateline='1468527590']
Having Jack Douglas produce their album doesn't mean their going to release an album as good as 77. Times have changed, production has changed, CT's formula has changed, etc. JD produced the last Aerosmith album and people were expecting Toys In The Attic or Rocks. It didn't sound like either of those albums and it tanked.

[/quote]
07-18-2016, 11:12 AM,
(07-18-2016, 11:05 AM)Paul Calypso Wrote: [quote pid='145695' dateline='1468527590']
Having Jack Douglas produce their album doesn't mean their going to release an album as good as 77. Times have changed, production has changed, CT's formula has changed, etc. JD produced the last Aerosmith album and people were expecting Toys In The Attic or Rocks. It didn't sound like either of those albums and it tanked.

[/quote]

Standing on the Edge wasn't exactly 'Cheap Trick, pt. 2'.
And with all the loves and hates and passions just like mine...
08-12-2016, 10:58 PM,
I am hopeful in the twilight of their careers and as cheap as it is to self record music, they come out with a few more albums on a more regular basis.
09-20-2016, 02:57 AM,
I love the idea of Trick Kids CD
10-06-2016, 11:14 PM,
(07-18-2016, 11:12 AM)curiouser Wrote:
(07-18-2016, 11:05 AM)Paul Calypso Wrote: [quote pid='145695' dateline='1468527590']

Standing on the Edge wasn't exactly 'Cheap Trick, pt. 2'.
[/quote]

I have to agree about Jack D, Paul.  The Aerosmith album was a huge disappointment.  You have to give it to Jack for going with the Clasp system during the making of the album: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0RsW38tSfg  You know that Cheap Trick would also benefit from that analog/digital combination in the studio.  But "Music from Another Dimension" was no "Honkin' on BoBo". They were out of gas and badly needed outside songwriters and a stronger armed producer to steer them to the sweet spot. I'm sure that I'm speaking for many when I say that what originally made me fall in love with the band was Rick's songs.  I don't believe that he's out of ideas, in interviews he still expresses his love for songwriting.  BZCH has more good songs than not, although Rick doesn't get primary credit on most.  But we won't get another classic like Rockford until Rick brings more songs to the table.