Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Cure For The Doctor, Vol.1 the most unlikely CT tribute ever devised
04-23-2017, 02:25 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-23-2017, 03:13 PM by kevintonight.)
Question  The Cure For The Doctor, Vol.1 the most unlikely CT tribute ever devised
What we have here, is the most unlikely Cheap Trick tribute ever devised.  The Cure For the Doctor Vol.1.  This is  heap Trick fans chance to re imagine and rescue these songs from the globe and gobs of 80's studio gimmicks.  Anyone who has seen the live concert video from 86, can hear that these particular songs, we're murdered in the studio but when played live, with Cheap Trick's trademark adrenaline live surge and reworked arrangements, they sound like the well written songs they were intended to be.  Actually, in the 80's, it was almost tradition when you saw them live, all the new material sounded more fleshed out and better arranged  than their studio counter parts.  Now, you, yes you the common everyday Cheap Trick fan, you have the power, you can record these songs as you think they should've sounded.  All we ask is that you use minimal synths and go more for a raw stripped down version of the songs.  You don't and we don't encourage you to do copycat versions of these song, put your personality in them.  If you want to use instruments like a didgeridip or a hurry gurdy by all means have at it...like Bun E put for the drums on Standing On the Edge credits, acoustic drums, keep it real and raw....  If you need to use synths to create the sound of another instrument, go ahead but, I don't need to remind anyone in here on why the over use of synths, would create a bit of paranoia, considering the songs on the actual Doctor album were destroyed by them.  If you think the Doctor can't be redeemed, right on, but the project will still go on.  Here is what Ken Mills has on his Facebook group, Cheap Talk

"Cheap Talk" is "Reaching out" to you! Please share!
Help us all find a CURE for "The Doctor.
Kevin O'Connor suggested that we all do a Fan Tribute album of us recording our fav tracks off of "The Doctor"
"The Doctor" is usually coming in last with many fans as their fav albums. Mostly (we feel) due to the production. If the fans who are musically inclined could get together and each pick a track and do the songs with "Classic" Cheap Trick production and sound, well, it would be cool.
Help us CURE "The Doctor"

1. "It's Up to You" Rick 
2. "Rearview Mirror Romance" 
3. "The Doctor"
4. "Are You Lonely Tonight?" 
5. "Name of the Game" 
6. "Kiss Me Red"
7. "Take Me to the Top" 
8. "Good Girls Go to Heaven (Bad Girls Go Everywhere)" 
9. "Man-U-Lip-U-Lator" 
10. "It's Only Love"

email files to : thecureforthedoctor@gmail

[Image: https://dl-mail.ymail.com/ws/download/ma...NePJFcLA02]
04-23-2017, 08:58 PM,
RE: The Cure For The Doctor, Vol.1 the most unlikely CT tribute ever devised
Good luck with Romance in the Rear- God I hate that song 
I think this song was written from someones rear!!!
How the hell you supposed to sign a screen
04-25-2017, 05:00 PM,
(04-23-2017, 08:58 PM)Writing On The Board Wrote: Good luck with Romance in the Rear- God I hate that song 

Have you ever heard the live version?  You'd be stunned and you will be stunned when you hear a raw stripped down version
04-25-2017, 05:13 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-25-2017, 06:02 PM by 12stringbassist.)
I fancy a go at "Take me to the top"
04-25-2017, 05:23 PM,
(04-25-2017, 05:13 PM)12stringbassist Wrote: I fancy a go at "Are you lonely toinight?"

Do it man, would love to hear it ?
04-25-2017, 06:37 PM,
Zzzz...
And with all the loves and hates and passions just like mine...
04-25-2017, 07:21 PM,
(04-25-2017, 05:00 PM)kevintonight Wrote:
(04-23-2017, 08:58 PM)Writing On The Board Wrote: Good luck with Romance in the Rear- God I hate that song 

Have you ever heard the live version?  You'd be stunned and you will be stunned when you hear a raw stripped down version

Given I hate the song no I havnt
i will give it a go on your advise. cheers
04-26-2017, 02:08 AM,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aNm8iHplBY
04-26-2017, 08:16 PM,
(04-26-2017, 02:08 AM)DaveGT Wrote:

Sorry I am unmoved from my position of HATE
I just cant get past the lyrics
04-27-2017, 03:06 PM,
I like the album version better... sound quality isn't so great on there.

https://sputinc7.wixsite.com/covwc

I didn't do it.   But, if I did do it, it was an accident! Angel

if you lose your head and give up, you niether live nor win. that's just the way it is.
 Exclamation
05-06-2017, 02:23 PM,
(04-26-2017, 08:16 PM)Writing On The Board Wrote:
(04-26-2017, 02:08 AM)DaveGT Wrote:

Sorry I am unmoved from my position of HATE
I just cant get past the lyrics

I'm with you on that one.  It's not just a production issue.  It's a terrible song.

My world is in a spin
You wanna come on in?
05-06-2017, 04:44 PM,
If they changed the name to Rodents In The Rancid River, it might work.