Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Get the new album here
04-27-2017, 02:11 PM,
Get the new album here
Lot's of perks, including a deluxe edition.

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/chea...-new-album
04-27-2017, 03:22 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-28-2017, 07:24 AM by cdg. Edit Reason: blah blah blah )
RE: Get the new album here
Are there any downloads yet like they did with BZCH?
04-27-2017, 03:30 PM,
(04-27-2017, 02:11 PM)jcbrown Wrote: Lot's of perks, including a deluxe edition.

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/chea...-new-album

Stuff seems to be selling fast, lots of unique items gone already!
04-27-2017, 08:17 PM,
Just ordered the $85 package.
Would rather have the poster than the t-shirt, but oh well.

Can't wait- love "Long Time Coming" already!
"Just like the trees, you grow- you die.
No one pretends to know just why."
04-27-2017, 10:23 PM,
will the album be available Retail, on release date?

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Hello There Ladies and Gentlemen, Are you READY TO ROCK
04-28-2017, 11:15 AM,
(04-27-2017, 10:23 PM)johnnymegabyte Wrote: will the album be available Retail, on release date?

Yes. It's already up on Amazon. Regular and Deluxe (with 3 bonus tracks).
05-19-2017, 06:42 PM,
I have to say folks, I am a little pissed at the Pledgemusic experience. I bought Bang Zoom through them and have done the same with the new album.
I would like to know where the exclusive content and updates are. The last update was in April and was the single that is also everywhere else.
Therefore there has been absolutely zero "exclusive content" video clips etc.
Is it Pledge music who are to blame or Cheap Trick ?
Either way, I think it's pretty ordinary and certainly false advertising !!!
Come to me, I'm your Boogey Man.
05-20-2017, 01:18 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-20-2017, 01:26 AM by clp.)
(05-19-2017, 06:42 PM)Mikky57 Wrote: I have to say folks, I am a little pissed at the Pledgemusic experience. I bought Bang Zoom through them and have done the same with the new album.
I would like to know where the exclusive content and updates are. The last update was in April and was the single that is also everywhere else.
Therefore there has been absolutely zero "exclusive content" video clips etc.
Is it Pledge music who are to blame or Cheap Trick ?
Either way, I think it's pretty ordinary and certainly false advertising !!!

I would say it's the band and the amount they want to be involved. If I'm not mistaken with BZCH we were told the Access Pass was going to include tour updates…but all we got was 3 short videos, two of them with Rick at a guitar store. I've purchased two other Pledgemusic packages for myself and one for my son and all have had more involvement from the artist than the two CT ones. 

Gary Numan started his over a year before the August 2017 release, when the idea for the album was first conceived. His Access Pass updates have included personal videos where he has played demos of songs still being worked on, updates of how he's been dealing with the process of recording, finished unmixed playbacks of tracks, stories about song ideas, album artwork concepts, original track titles… His idea was to take you on the journey with him from the initial planning stages of the album through to completion. That is all down to Gary and how much he wanted to be involved. I'm not sure on the number of videos he's posted but I'm sure it's over 20. Along with that he also posts written updates, about 3 a month, and take into account that his mother (and a beloved pet) died during this period. That's how you do it.

We've been told CT is supposed to be posting exclusive studio clips made during the making of the album but so far nothing. The album is completed so I don't know what the hold up is. So as far as blaming Pledge I would think twice. Maybe just choose wisely about what you pay for or what your expectations are (after BZCH didn't deliver on the exclusive content). CT are a very private bunch that are constantly on the road and probably don't want to get involved on the same sort of personal level Gary has, or even have the time he does. That being said, management could easily find other ways to update fans that have purchased through Pledge.
05-20-2017, 07:11 AM,
I had preordered the vinyl (which comes with the digital download) and I paid roughly the same price as I would've elsewhere. Frankly, the exclusives didn't make it or break it for me. Had I been paying more than somewhere else, then I'd be mad about the lack of exclusives.
And with all the loves and hates and passions just like mine...
05-20-2017, 11:13 AM,
(05-20-2017, 07:11 AM)curiouser Wrote: I had preordered the vinyl (which comes with the digital download) and I paid roughly the same price as I would've elsewhere. Frankly, the exclusives didn't make it or break it for me. Had I been paying more than somewhere else, then I'd be mad about the lack of exclusives.

Not a problem for your situation because anything else they post is bonus. I think it's more the promise of exclusives and the lack of them that piss people off. Don't advertise addition content if you're not going to deliver. That's BS.
05-20-2017, 01:22 PM,
Did they use Pledge with the 'The Latest', I can't remember. I remember they had exclusives with that album, too. But, I guess I'm disappointed too that there hasn't that they haven't had anymore advance tracks to download. I think with the last album, 5 or 6 songs were available for download in advance.

But even with that, people who preordered the new album elsewhere, got the two tracks in advance as we have used the Pledge website, which essentially made Pledge pointless for me since I only went with it to get advance tracks from the new album.

I've used Pledge before with another band and it took several months after their album was released before I received any my exclusives.
And with all the loves and hates and passions just like mine...
05-20-2017, 02:54 PM,
(05-20-2017, 01:22 PM)curiouser Wrote: Did they use Pledge with the 'The Latest', I can't remember. I remember they had exclusives with that album, too. But, I guess I'm disappointed too that there hasn't that they haven't had anymore advance tracks to download. I think with the last album, 5 or 6 songs were available for download in advance.

But even with that, people who preordered the new album elsewhere, got the two tracks in advance as we have used the Pledge website, which essentially made Pledge pointless for me since I only went with it to get advance tracks from the new album.

I've used Pledge before with another band and it took several months after their album was released before I received any my exclusives.

You have to factor getting advanced tracks out, means possible leak to pirated sites.

Hello There Ladies and Gentlemen, Are you READY TO ROCK
05-21-2017, 11:17 PM,
Get me on the Tubas......Tubas
05-31-2017, 07:41 AM,
(04-28-2017, 11:15 AM)clp Wrote:
(04-27-2017, 10:23 PM)johnnymegabyte Wrote: will the album be available Retail, on release date?

Yes. It's already up on Amazon. Regular and Deluxe (with 3 bonus tracks).

Amazon has the track list for the regular edition but not for the deluxe edition. Can someone please post the deluxe track list? Thanks!
05-31-2017, 04:18 PM,
Had an e-mail from Pledge Music on 5/26 with a download for "The Rest Of My Life" track.
It was in my junk mail folder, so check there.

Also got "Lolita" through them, a few weeks back.

P.S. The 3 tracks I've heard off this new release are f'ing amazing.
Sounds so polished- Julian Raymond is good for this band.
Can't wait!
"Just like the trees, you grow- you die.
No one pretends to know just why."