Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Megadeth Bassist inspired by Tom
05-28-2017, 08:16 AM,
Megadeth Bassist inspired by Tom
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/megadet...r-onstage/

On his return to MEGADETH in 2010:

Ellefson: "Well, [it was] really important, not just for me but I think just for the, if I could dare call it, the franchise of MEGADETH. Rock bands are kind of a unique little beast in that the songs are as attached to the personalities who wrote 'em and record 'em, and being able to have that experience of going to see… You're not just going to hear a song played at a concert, you're going to watch those people play it. When I was at NAMM, I was in the lobby of the hotel, and Tom Petersson from CHEAP TRICK was there. He does some stuff with Gretsch Guitars, which is part of Fender, and I do stuff with Jackson Guitars, which is part of Fender, so we just had this really cool moment… And I've actually done shows… When I played bass with Ronnie Montrose, we did a couple of shows with CHEAP TRICK, and I've kind of known them a little bit over the years. But it's just kind of interesting how… Tom, I used to learn his songs growing up, and there's a season when he wasn't in CHEAP TRICK, and, quite honestly, my interest waned in CHEAP TRICK. Now that he's back in the band, he is a… Rick Nielsen, I think, is the main songwriter of CHEAP TRICK, but Tom's playing his part and him being there, it's part of the blueprint of the band. And I think that's what happens when you get to see, I guess in our case, MEGADETH, me and Dave [Mustaine, MEGADETH leader], from the very beginning, you get to see us there… We've reached this point in our career where us being together on that stage and in the studio and working together, it's a visual, it's audio, it's all part of the thing that you really… that is the nucleus of it. I just think it's cool for just the whole experience for everybody all around."
05-28-2017, 01:01 PM,
RE: Megadeth Bassist inspired by Tom
I also remember one of the former guitarists from Megadeth in some VH1 documentary mentioning Cheap Trick as an inspiration.
And with all the loves and hates and passions just like mine...
05-28-2017, 01:23 PM,
RE: Megadeth Bassist inspired by Tom
Cool article.   Tongue