Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You Got it Goin' On
06-08-2017, 07:08 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-08-2017, 07:12 PM by curiouser.)
You Got it Goin' On
Nice rocker. You'd think they'd have another 20 years ahead of them.
And with all the loves and hates and passions just like mine...
06-08-2017, 11:29 PM,
RE: You Got it Goin' On
(06-08-2017, 07:08 PM)curiouser Wrote: Nice rocker. You'd think they'd have another 20 years ahead of them.

Hmmm...I need more listens. Thanks for pointing this out, found it on Spotify, weird it wasn't on Pledge Music
06-09-2017, 06:35 AM,
The more spins, less I like it. The song sounds too forced and generic And like the single, the lyrics are lazy.
06-09-2017, 06:50 AM,
(06-09-2017, 06:35 AM)curiouser Wrote: The more spins, less I like it. The song sounds too forced and generic And like the single, the lyrics are lazy.

That's precisely what I've struggled with on a lot of CT's material ever since CT97.  As good as the tunes have been, sometimes the lyrics have been lazy rehashes of previous songs at best, and inane at worst.  Ever since RZ took over from Rick as principal lyricist, the words have definitely deteriorated...
06-09-2017, 06:55 AM,
(06-09-2017, 06:50 AM)downunderdom Wrote:
(06-09-2017, 06:35 AM)curiouser Wrote: The more spins, less I like it. The song sounds too forced and generic And like the single, the lyrics are lazy.

That's precisely what I've struggled with on a lot of CT's material ever since CT97.  As good as the tunes have been, sometimes the lyrics have been lazy rehashes of previous songs at best, and inane at worst.  Ever since RZ took over from Rick as principal lyricist, the words have definitely deteriorated...

Exactly. But the lyrics have suffered even earlier than that- since the mid-80s, imo. Perhaps they should've tried to keep the vocals buried in the mix so the lyrics don't stand out as much (as what they did with 'Rockford').
06-09-2017, 02:36 PM,
WoW, I disagree. I think it is their best song in years
06-09-2017, 03:12 PM,
Decent enough rocker I guess. So far I think The Rest of My Life is superior to the other songs.
06-09-2017, 04:32 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-09-2017, 04:34 PM by johnnymegabyte.)
First: has a more modern rock / alternative edge to the guitar sound.
Second: one of the riffs sounds too familiar, but I can't seem to identify it ("??? of these days" part. Stone Temple Pilots-ish). And Kinks or The Who sounding riffs
Third: Gotta love Spotify
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Hello There Ladies and Gentlemen, Are you READY TO ROCK
06-09-2017, 06:34 PM,
Like the song. Sounds like a combination of "Rock 'N' Roll Tonight" from Busted, "All Strung Out" from BZCH, "Baby No More" from Cheap Trick 97 and maybe a little "Baby Loves To Rock" From ASU.
06-09-2017, 07:17 PM,
One of the very few times where I think Robin's approach to a song doesn't come out quite right. There's something about the way he sings the verses that seems off.
06-09-2017, 08:40 PM,
(06-09-2017, 07:17 PM)curiouser Wrote: One of the very few times where I think Robin's approach to a song doesn't come out quite right. There's something about the way he sings the verses that seems off.

Not a slam but do you like harder songs?
Because it is one of their harder songs & Daxx kills on drums.
I love the way he sings
06-10-2017, 01:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-10-2017, 01:32 AM by FredZeppelin.)
(06-09-2017, 04:32 PM)johnnymegabyte Wrote: First: has a more modern rock / alternative edge to the guitar sound.
Second: one of the riffs sounds too familiar, but I can't seem to identify it ("??? of these days" part. Stone Temple Pilots-ish). And Kinks or The Who sounding riffs

The riff & vocal riffing at the beginning is similar to living loving maid & I'm down

You seem to like Spotify
06-10-2017, 03:24 PM,
(06-10-2017, 01:09 AM)FredZeppelin Wrote:
(06-09-2017, 04:32 PM)johnnymegabyte Wrote: First: has a more modern rock / alternative edge to the guitar sound.

The riff & vocal riffing at the beginning is similar to living loving maid & I'm down

You seem to like Spotify

Songs ... it think one part sounds like a part in Stone Temple Pilots Vaseline

Spotify.
until I can get a CD in my hands, it's the next best thing. I buy a lot of CD's still. Between 3 to 10 a month. New Release Friday lunch break is usually CD shopping time.
Plus Spotify is convenient to get your music fix at work
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Hello There Ladies and Gentlemen, Are you READY TO ROCK
06-10-2017, 03:35 PM,

The guitar parts sound kind of like the intro to "Yeah, Yeah" from '97.  The stops and starts are reminiscent of "Black Dog" and "Baby Loves to Rock".  I'm not super excited about anything so far except "The Rest of My Life" which I think could go down as one of their all time greats; lyrically simple but rendered bittersweet and poignant by Robin.
06-10-2017, 04:39 PM,
I wouldnt know what it sounds like...BECAUSE IM ONE OF THE FOOLS THAT ARE USING PLEDGE.