Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You Got it Goin' On
06-10-2017, 06:26 PM,
RE: You Got it Goin' On
(06-10-2017, 04:39 PM)cdg Wrote: I wouldnt know what it sounds like...BECAUSE IM ONE OF THE FOOLS THAT ARE USING PLEDGE.

I got the advance release from Amazon. They take out per song (advance) & then the rest the day the full release comes out.

PM me your email
06-11-2017, 02:02 AM,
(06-10-2017, 04:39 PM)cdg Wrote: I wouldnt know what it sounds like...BECAUSE IM ONE OF THE FOOLS THAT ARE USING PLEDGE.

Again, it's not Pledge that determine what gets released, the prices of the merchandise or when things ship…This is all up to the artist and their management. Other things I've purchased through there have much more involvement from the bands than CT seem willing to give. I think it's BS that other services have been given the new track and not Pledge. But don't blame them.
06-11-2017, 05:44 AM,
(06-11-2017, 02:02 AM)clp Wrote:

Again, it's not Pledge that determine what gets released, the prices of the merchandise or when things ship…This is all up to the artist and their management. Other things I've purchased through there have much more involvement from the bands than CT seem willing to give. I think it's BS that other services have been given the new track and not Pledge. But don't blame them.

On a side note the fact there's news being posted on social media sites and not on the bands official website is weird too.
06-11-2017, 07:10 AM,
I am very happy to have three songs released to me by pledge, and three very enjoyable songs. I don't need them to give away every song before the 16th. BREAKING NEWS, Next big thread will be Pledge did mail it to me on time! LMAO
Its All Right, Shes All Nite, Shes All Right With Me............ Tongue
06-11-2017, 09:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-11-2017, 09:11 AM by cubbies01.)
On a related note, I wish none would be released except one single. It ruins the pleasure of listening to an album that first time, since most like me can't resist listening to a new track. I like this song ok, especially from a guitar and drums stand point. I do agree with some of the comments about the lyrics. But Cheap Trick has a lot of bravado / cheesy lyrics aimed at hot woman in their catalogue that they have always been unapologetic for....
Based on what I have heard so far the album is reminding me of 1981-1985 Cheap Trick (but with better bass). I actually am quite fond of this era and of OOO, NPP, and SOTE.
06-11-2017, 09:28 AM,
(06-11-2017, 09:09 AM)cubbies01 Wrote: On a related note, I wish none would be released except one single. It ruins the pleasure of listening to an album that first time, since most like me can't resist listening to a new track.  I like this song ok, especially from a guitar and drums stand point.  I do agree with some of the comments about the lyrics.  But Cheap Trick has a lot of bravado / cheesy lyrics aimed at hot woman in their catalogue that they have always been unapologetic for....
Based on what I have heard so far the album is reminding me of 1981-1985 Cheap Trick (but with better bass). I actually am quite fond of this era and of OOO, NPP, and SOTE.

I agree with you completely, Nothing like spinning an album for the first several times and getting its feel.  Lolita  firms up your thoughts on women and lyrics. I still spin OOO, NPP, and SOTE.  There are some 80's gems in there.  Tonights Its You, is always been a standout for me. But SOTE I prefer as an album.
06-11-2017, 09:41 AM,
One last thought. They have a huge summer tour coming up here in the US. After a quick tour in Europe. I believe this is their priority, always has been, Touring.   I am 100% sure that those shows in Spain and the UK, will blow away anything in the US this year. Cheap Trick playing Manchester, love to see that one.
06-11-2017, 09:41 AM,
Waa waaaa waaaa aaa

First World problems indeed.

Enjoy it while it lasts. #trumpland
06-11-2017, 09:44 AM,
Well that was enlightening?
06-11-2017, 09:45 AM,
(06-11-2017, 09:41 AM)FredZeppelin Wrote: Waa waaaa waaaa aaa

First World problems indeed.

Enjoy it while it lasts.  #trumpland

Don't forget Brexit.
06-11-2017, 09:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-11-2017, 09:47 AM by curiouser.)
(06-11-2017, 05:44 AM)Darran Wrote:

On a side note the fact there's news being posted on social media sites and not on the bands official website is weird too.
Cheap Trick's official website has ALWAYS been the last place to get late-breaking news, or any news for that matter.
And with all the loves and hates and passions just like mine...
06-11-2017, 09:54 AM,
Their playing Brexit?
06-11-2017, 10:05 AM,
(06-11-2017, 09:46 AM)curiouser Wrote:
(06-11-2017, 05:44 AM)Darran Wrote:

Cheap Trick's official website has ALWAYS been the last place to get late-breaking news, or any news for that matter.

Well seeing news all over social media and not on here annoys me.
06-11-2017, 10:06 AM,
(06-11-2017, 09:54 AM)Blacknwhiteforever Wrote: Their playing Brexit?

Hopefully.
06-11-2017, 10:11 AM,
Well their gonna be in the neighborhood.