• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You Got it Goin' On
06-11-2017, 11:07 AM,
RE: You Got it Goin' On
(06-11-2017, 10:05 AM)Darran Wrote:
(06-11-2017, 09:46 AM)curiouser Wrote:
(06-11-2017, 05:44 AM)Darran Wrote:
(06-11-2017, 02:02 AM)clp Wrote:
(06-10-2017, 04:39 PM)cdg Wrote: I wouldnt know what it sounds like...BECAUSE IM ONE OF THE FOOLS THAT ARE USING PLEDGE.

Again, it's not Pledge that determine what gets released, the prices of the merchandise or when things ship…This is all up to the artist and their management. Other things I've purchased through there have much more involvement from the bands than CT seem willing to give. I think it's BS that other services have been given the new track and not Pledge. But don't blame them.

On a side note the fact there's news being posted on social media sites and not on the bands official website is weird too.
Cheap Trick's official website has ALWAYS been the last place to get late-breaking news, or any news for that matter.

Well seeing news all over social media and not on here annoys me.

A lot of bands have have inactive websites and have relied on Facebook instead.
And with all the loves and hates and passions just like mine...
06-11-2017, 12:07 PM,
(06-11-2017, 11:07 AM)curiouser Wrote:
(06-11-2017, 10:05 AM)Darran Wrote:
(06-11-2017, 09:46 AM)curiouser Wrote:
(06-11-2017, 05:44 AM)Darran Wrote:
(06-11-2017, 02:02 AM)clp Wrote: Again, it's not Pledge that determine what gets released, the prices of the merchandise or when things ship…This is all up to the artist and their management. Other things I've purchased through there have much more involvement from the bands than CT seem willing to give. I think it's BS that other services have been given the new track and not Pledge. But don't blame them.

On a side note the fact there's news being posted on social media sites and not on the bands official website is weird too.
Cheap Trick's official website has ALWAYS been the last place to get late-breaking news, or any news for that matter.

Well seeing news all over social media and not on here annoys me.

A lot of bands have have inactive websites and have relied on Facebook instead.

There's no reason things can't be on here and social media.
06-11-2017, 12:37 PM,
Apparently Cheap Trick doesn't think so, or at least, cares.
And with all the loves and hates and passions just like mine...
06-11-2017, 01:08 PM,
(06-11-2017, 12:37 PM)curiouser Wrote: Apparently Cheap Trick doesn't think so, or at least, cares.

There's no excuse for it other than being lazy. When you update your social media accounts you do the website at the same time. 

There was one guy trying to tell me that everything on the site here has to be approved by the band first. I asked "why does the FB page… get stuff that the page doesn't?"
He didn't have an answer. Do you really think you would need approval from the band to promote a new release on the site.

And again we got the cover art and track listing through a 3rd party before it appeared here.
06-11-2017, 01:39 PM,
One problem is updating on social media with pictures, links, streaming video, and quick updates is super easy. Heck, even band members may be doing some of it. That's why it is so popular. Everyone's Facebook page is their easy to edit web page.

But posting changes to a website may be more difficult and the people that do it apparently are not as physically real time close to the band on a daily basis. So nobody close to band can edit website in real time is my guess.
06-11-2017, 02:24 PM,
(06-11-2017, 01:08 PM)clp Wrote:
(06-11-2017, 12:37 PM)curiouser Wrote: Apparently Cheap Trick doesn't think so, or at least, cares.

There's no excuse for it other than being lazy. When you update your social media accounts you do the website at the same time. 

There was one guy trying to tell me that everything on the site here has to be approved by the band first. I asked "why does the FB page… get stuff that the page doesn't?"
He didn't have an answer. Do you really think you would need approval from the band to promote a new release on the site.

And again we got the cover art and track listing through a 3rd party before it appeared here.

I concur my good man.  It irritates the fuçk out of me that you can't post photos on here too.
06-11-2017, 04:18 PM,
(06-11-2017, 09:41 AM)FredZeppelin Wrote: Waa waaaa waaaa aaa

First World problems indeed.

Enjoy it while it lasts.  #trumpland

Ditto
Lofty Thoughts High Ideals Lofty Skirts Is What Appeals
06-13-2017, 02:54 PM,
Got the Pledge download today!! TOTALLY dig it, love the gritty guitar and the sole. Love the downloads so far, even "Lolita" which took a minute...very psyched for the new album!

www.weaponofselfdistraction.com | "Everything works if you let it...if you let it in your heart..."
06-13-2017, 02:56 PM,
And the website should be the first place for everything. Should have a stream of each Pledge song BEFORE the download is offered, and that should be on Facebook simultaneously. Lot's of "low-hanging fruit" from a marketing standpoint...

And the link to the message board should be really easy to find from the home page, too...

www.weaponofselfdistraction.com | "Everything works if you let it...if you let it in your heart..."
06-13-2017, 05:36 PM,
Cheap Trick is GOT IT GOIN ON! I love this, what a rocker with a pop sound. Rick and Robin  whoa yea. Love the background vocals. 4 for 4.
06-13-2017, 05:37 PM,
I know that opening guitar sound is from an older song?
06-13-2017, 10:50 PM,
I'm glad some better comments for the song have arrived
outside of this board everybody I know loves it & thinks its a 30 year highlight
All 4 songs have been great so far
06-14-2017, 08:55 PM,
Song is growing on me. So on my iTunes preorder I have all four and what is interesting is this is song 1 and long time coming is song 2 on album. So they play back to back and are lethal 1, 2 combo. Album flow is important and these two are great to open with.
06-15-2017, 10:47 AM,
(06-11-2017, 01:39 PM)cubbies01 Wrote: One problem is updating on social media with pictures, links, streaming video, and quick updates is super easy. Heck, even band members may be doing some of it.  That's why it is so popular.  Everyone's Facebook page is their easy to edit web page.  

But posting changes to a website may be more difficult and the people that do it apparently are not as physically real time close to the band on a daily basis.   So nobody close to band can edit website in real time is my guess.

Was just surfing around here - under the "News" tab, the most recent item is from April 1 - the "Waiting for the Man" download.

If you just heard the "You Got It Going On" on Little Steven's Underground Garage today and came here to the website would you have ANY idea that the new album is out TOMORROW?  

Ugh.

06-15-2017, 12:57 PM,
(06-15-2017, 10:47 AM)SteveRocketScience Wrote:
(06-11-2017, 01:39 PM)cubbies01 Wrote: One problem is updating on social media with pictures, links, streaming video, and quick updates is super easy. Heck, even band members may be doing some of it.  That's why it is so popular.  Everyone's Facebook page is their easy to edit web page.  

But posting changes to a website may be more difficult and the people that do it apparently are not as physically real time close to the band on a daily basis.   So nobody close to band can edit website in real time is my guess.

Was just surfing around here - under the "News" tab, the most recent item is from April 1 - the "Waiting for the Man" download.

If you just heard the "You Got It Going On" on Little Steven's Underground Garage today and came here to the website would you have ANY idea that the new album is out TOMORROW?  

Ugh.

I agree with Steve.