Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Promotion for the new album... What have you seen?
06-10-2017, 02:19 PM,
Promotion for the new album... What have you seen?
Let's hear it... Outside of here on the website and the three downloads, what is their label doing for them this time?

https://sputinc7.wixsite.com/covwc

I didn't do it.   But, if I did do it, it was an accident! Angel

if you lose your head and give up, you niether live nor win. that's just the way it is.
 Exclamation
06-11-2017, 01:56 AM,
RE: Promotion for the new album... What have you seen?
(06-10-2017, 02:19 PM)radiolover Wrote: Let's hear it... Outside of here on the website and the three downloads, what is their label doing for them this time?

I've seen a picture of a Big Machine write up in a record store newsletter and that's it. I would think the band would be doing some promotion next week or the week after.
06-11-2017, 07:18 AM,
I am gonna go out on a limb here and suggest that CT's last many albums sales number show that they are not pulling in new fans. Only us old dogs and cats that love them forever. Management knows this and are not devoting time and money to a sales project that they have such a understanding of. They are still touring more than almost everybody and still sound fantastic. I have been a fan since 1977 and if there was a time to bitch it was the early 80s certainly not this millennium.
Lofty Thoughts High Ideals Lofty Skirts Is What Appeals
06-11-2017, 08:19 AM,
(06-11-2017, 01:56 AM)clp Wrote:
(06-10-2017, 02:19 PM)radiolover Wrote: Let's hear it... Outside of here on the website and the three downloads, what is their label doing for them this time?

I've seen a picture of a Big Machine write up in a record store newsletter and that's it. I would think the band would be doing some promotion next week or the week after.

I'm surprised also with the lack of promotion, especially when it seems like BM promoted the hell out of BZCH.
06-11-2017, 08:21 AM,
(06-11-2017, 07:18 AM)Blacknwhiteforever Wrote: I am gonna go out on a limb here and suggest that CT's last many albums sales number show that they are not pulling in new fans. Only us old dogs and cats that love them forever. Management knows this and are not devoting time and money to a sales project that they have such a understanding of. They are still touring more than almost everybody and still sound fantastic. I have been a fan since 1977 and if there was a time to bitch it was the early 80s certainly not this millennium.

It's definitely us old cats and dogs buying these albums, but I'm lovin it! Any idea what the album sales have been for BZCH?
06-11-2017, 08:56 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-11-2017, 08:57 AM by cubbies01.)
This will shock many but BZCH is technically the fifth highest billboard charter based on its amazing debut.
http://www.billboard.com/artist/299037/c...hart?f=305

It was their most successful album sales and chart wise since Lap of Luxury.

I think this was based on three things.

First and foremost album sales are down so hitting 31 in 2016 was not the same as 31 in the 70's through 90's. But chart number it is all relative to other artists at the time so you can't take it away from them.

Second they had great publicity and exposure from being inducted in RRHOF right before release.

Third good publicity for the release and great album reviews.

For this one, I agree the publicity has not quite been the same for this. Hopefully as reviews come in they will be good and we will see publicity ramp up. I predict sales will regardless be down. But I think they are prepared for that. Reading what they have said about wanting to release music faster I think the band realizes this can't go on forever so let's add to the legacy and stop the 4-5 years between albums. Other bands are doing this. Another factor is the costs of making well produced music has gone way down thanks to technology.
06-11-2017, 09:09 AM,
BZCH got the boost in sales mainly from the band's induction into the RRHOF. They really lucked out, though, because they had a new album ready to release just in time for the RRHOF (plus it was their first album in several years). I don't expect the new album to do as well, however. Marketing it off RRHOF won't be as effective second time around.
And with all the loves and hates and passions just like mine...
06-11-2017, 11:24 AM,
The lack of promotion still doesn't alert the "old dogs" not in the know that there is something new coming out. 
I know people that would and will buy the new album when its out but at the moment don't have a clue there is one on the way.
06-11-2017, 11:56 AM,
Photo  RE: Promotion for the new album... What have you seen?
This is what was in the record store newsletter beside a photo of the album. I don't know if it was sent out by Big Machine but it sounds like it was.

Cheap Trick are an indisputable American institution, beloved around the globe since 1974 for their instantly identifiable, hugely influential, brand of pop rock 'n' roll. The band are true pioneers with an unparalleled streak of certifiably classic tunes, from "He A Whore," "California Man" and "Dream Police" to "Surrender," "I Want You To Want Me" and the worldwide No. 1 hit single, "The Flame." Like all Power Pop greats, Cheap Trick has a rabid cult of fans who both revere the band's music and their underdog status – even though these underdogs have sold over 20 million records and have played 5,000 shows (and counting). Well known as road dogs, their recording output has slowed down until recently. Last year's Bang, Zoom, Crazy…Hello was Cheap Trick's first album in seven years. The band's new album, We're All Alright! marks the first time in more than 20 years the group has released albums in consecutive years, since the one-two punch of Standing On The Edge and The Doctor in 1985 and 1986, respectively. We're All Alright! bridges Cheap Tick's past and present, with older, previously unrecorded songs such as "Radio Love," "Lolita" and "She's Alright" sitting alongside brand new rockers. And, yes, they're coming to a town near you! Elo Kiddies!
06-11-2017, 04:28 PM,
I used to care about CT and the charts and sales and that stuff. Who cares anymore they are still putting out new music that is very high quality stuff no filler here. If their CT fans and don't know the album is coming out,  I would consider them closer to dead dogs rather than old. Do yourself a favor and pick up Miles and the Rusted Hearts, live album. Its titled Rockford of all things. Maybe spending some money, rather then waiting for free tunes from CT will put Ricks grand kids through music school. If I knew of CT fans that did not know, I probably would tell them myself.
06-11-2017, 05:41 PM,
(06-11-2017, 04:28 PM)Blacknwhiteforever Wrote: I used to care about CT and the charts and sales and that stuff. Who cares anymore they are still putting out new music that is very high quality stuff no filler here. If their CT fans and don't know the album is coming out,  I would consider them closer to dead dogs rather than old. Do yourself a favor and pick up Miles and the Rusted Hearts, live album. Its titled Rockford of all things. Maybe spending some money, rather then waiting for free tunes from CT will put Ricks grand kids through music school. If I knew of CT fans that did not know, I probably would tell them myself.

I doubt any true CT fan gives a shít about the charts for sure but the fact these guys are putting out new material in two consecutive years deserves huge adulation in my opinion.
06-11-2017, 07:56 PM,
(06-11-2017, 05:41 PM)Darran Wrote:
(06-11-2017, 04:28 PM)Blacknwhiteforever Wrote: I used to care about CT and the charts and sales and that stuff. Who cares anymore they are still putting out new music that is very high quality stuff no filler here. If their CT fans and don't know the album is coming out,  I would consider them closer to dead dogs rather than old. Do yourself a favor and pick up Miles and the Rusted Hearts, live album. Its titled Rockford of all things. Maybe spending some money, rather then waiting for free tunes from CT will put Ricks grand kids through music school. If I knew of CT fans that did not know, I probably would tell them myself.

I doubt any true CT fan gives a shít about the charts for sure but the fact these guys are putting out new material in two consecutive years deserves huge adulation in my opinion.

Agree.  For me I am so damn happy not to wait 5-7 years.  Nothing would make me happier then for these guys to decide to release a bunch of stuff while they still can.
06-12-2017, 12:25 AM,
(06-11-2017, 05:41 PM)Darran Wrote:

I don't think anyone I listen to will ever chart again. Most never have and never will. I don't need someone else's acceptance to allowed me to enjoy the music I listen to.
And I'm in total agreement, two years running of quality music is enough for me.
06-12-2017, 07:00 AM,
Two years, how bout over forty years running. I Listened to them before Budakon, and was there for every new album, even when I had to drive forty miles to get it. Now I can get everything using the Internet. Watch them on Youtube, and much much more. Oh I forgot and get three free tunes from Pledge Music, even if the cd I ordered from them is gonna be late. Cheap Trick is shining example of how to balance Rock n Roll and the rest of your life. As far as your reference to acceptance. I have always viewed CT as nonconformist.
06-12-2017, 07:51 AM,
What amazes and confounds me is the complete lack of awareness of the bands live performances of Sgt. Pepper particularly in the 50th anniversary year and particularly in the UK. Nada. Unbelievable.
"Vambo Rool OK!"