Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Promotion for the new album... What have you seen?
06-12-2017, 08:21 AM,
RE: Promotion for the new album... What have you seen?
I agree. I dont think there is a band in the world that could have done a better Sgt. Pepper gig then Cheap Trick. It seems like Cheap Trick will never get the recognition they have earned until it is to late. I am not a musician so IMHO, I think doing the Sgt. Peppers gig has influenced their new music. In a very positive way. I do not see how it could not have, due to the complexity of Sgt. Peppers.
Its All Right, Shes All Nite, Shes All Right With Me............ Tongue
06-12-2017, 11:30 AM,
I was quite surprised that BZCH charted so high, but- alas, not surprised that it dropped off the charts so quickly. But I'm beyond caring whether anything charts anymore. Most of the music I listen to never makes it on the charts. That said, album sales are down due to Spotify and iTunes. Occasionally I'll buy the full album of some artist as a hard copy, but generally cherry-pick individual tracks from the iTunes store. With all the music I buy, I just can't afford to shell out $20 for a record or a few bucks less for a cd like back in the day.
And with all the loves and hates and passions just like mine...
06-12-2017, 12:32 PM,
(06-12-2017, 08:21 AM)Blacknwhiteforever Wrote: I agree. I dont think there is a band in the world that could have done a better Sgt. Pepper gig then Cheap Trick. It seems like Cheap Trick will never get the recognition they have earned until it is to late. I am not a musician so IMHO, I think doing the Sgt. Peppers gig has influenced their new music. In a very positive way. I do not see how it could not have, due to the complexity of Sgt. Peppers.

To my ears "The Latest" was totally influenced by doing the Pepper shows. I think for BZCH and WAA they returned to their roots a little more.
06-16-2017, 10:28 AM,
I am not so concerned of a chart success as that is quite the longshot, but want people to get to hear the new music which they won't if they don't know. Casual fans won't find out if there is no promotion, especially since they have gotten used to 3,4,5,6,7 years between albums.
Besides, it could happen... Big Grin

https://sputinc7.wixsite.com/covwc

I didn't do it.   But, if I did do it, it was an accident! Angel

if you lose your head and give up, you niether live nor win. that's just the way it is.
 Exclamation
07-14-2017, 01:09 AM,
I'm interested in sales and the charts simply for the fact that if a CT CD does well, then they are more likely to keep the new songs in their setlists. If the albums don't sell, then the new songs get dumped.
07-16-2017, 08:57 PM,
KLOS in Los Angeles played "Long Time Coming" yesterday. Sounded marvelous!!!
07-19-2017, 09:29 AM,
We're not going to see the same amount of publicity as the last record because last year there was the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame induction around all the publicity for the new album.

They got a song on the radio - no easy feat and an expensive thing to do in this day and age.

One thing we can't see is the number of plays at Spotify and other services, but given the publicity, and that Spotify featured a song, I bet spins are high.

The Billboard debut is strong, though given the music biz today, the sale number might not be that great.

Also, BM got the CD in a lot of places - particularly Target, who don't carry a lot of new albums from "heritage" artists (has anyone seen the new Styx album there?).

They could be doing more - there really should be an official video for a track. Given they weren't in the U.S. when the album came out, some sort of streaming live video album release event would have been cool to do. Also, would like to see some features in the various guitar and musician magazines...these reach a lot of people...

www.weaponofselfdistraction.com | "Everything works if you let it...if you let it in your heart..."
07-19-2017, 01:40 PM,
They tour so much that having a new album at the Merch table everynight will get them sales as well. The new songs are great and people will buy the new music who are expossed to it. Radio very rarely plays older artist's new music. The Stones are a good example of this. They live on classic rock stations but when new stuff comes out it hardly gets airplay.

Cheap Trick is Cheap Trick. They are what they are and they kick butt and blow other acts away. New people who see them are always amazed at how good they are live. Last year at Summerfest people were blown away. These guys still bring it on this new album. I hope they do another one for 2018. I hear new stuff from them usually on WAPL out of Appleton, WI when I go up north. Touring the UK can't hurt. "Blackberry Way" neighborhood. I still can't believe the guitar riffs and sound on the first few tracks. It's gotta be that Les Paul he likes to record with. It's got a good growl going on. They got it goin on. These guys are still pretty busy. The old folks home can wait....
I gotta mind
Over you it's not the first time........