Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'We're All Alright' album reviews thread.
06-19-2017, 02:28 PM,
RE: 'We're All Alright' album reviews thread.
https://superiorshit.blogspot.co.uk/2017...f.html?m=1 
06-19-2017, 02:44 PM,
My WORD, this is a FkG AWESOME album!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
06-22-2017, 08:07 AM,
First bad one I have seen:
https://www.theyoungfolks.com/music/1052...l-alright/

She really misses the point on a lot of it. Questions why no flame ballad (LMAO), goes on tangent about how title track really reminds he more that 70s show opener (which I bet she watched when she was a kid) and blasts the production, lamenting why on earth would they have the bass so up front. But, my favorite part of all was her bashing floating down and insinuating the band was trying to sound like some indie pop band, clearly having no clue Cheap Trick invented this sound that the bands still use today.
06-22-2017, 08:38 AM,
(06-22-2017, 08:07 AM)cubbies01 Wrote: First bad one I have seen:

She really misses the point on a lot of it.  Questions why no flame ballad (LMAO), goes on tangent about how title track really reminds he more that 70s show opener (which I bet she watched when she was a kid) and blasts the  production, lamenting why on earth would they have the bass so up front.  But, my favorite part of all was her bashing floating down and insinuating the band was trying to sound like some indie pop band, clearly having no clue Cheap Trick invented this sound that the bands still use today.

Some people just have bad ears.
"Vambo Rool OK!"
06-22-2017, 09:35 AM,
(06-22-2017, 08:38 AM)dextershrill Wrote:

She really misses the point on a lot of it.  Questions why no flame ballad (LMAO), goes on tangent about how title track really reminds he more that 70s show opener (which I bet she watched when she was a kid) and blasts the  production, lamenting why on earth would they have the bass so up front.  But, my favorite part of all was her bashing floating down and insinuating the band was trying to sound like some indie pop band, clearly having no clue Cheap Trick invented this sound that the bands still use today.

I actually do agree with her on the production on Nowhere. The vocals are mixed noticeably lower compared to the rest of the record. This does not seem to be intentional IMO and is just not very good. It's a shame as I do like this song and think it would really standout much more if the vocals were louder. The rest of her review is crap though and her comments on Floating Down are laughable for her ignorance of CT's musical history and legacy. 
06-22-2017, 09:57 AM,
(06-22-2017, 09:35 AM)Scamer Wrote:

I actually do agree with her on the production on Nowhere. The vocals are mixed noticeably lower compared to the rest of the record. This does not seem to be intentional IMO and is just not very good. It's a shame as I do like this song and think it would really standout much more if the vocals were louder. The rest of her review is crap though and her comments on Floating Down are laughable for her ignorance of CT's musical history and legacy. 
I agree on the vocals being very low.  It could be bad production I suppose, but I thought it was  intentional to make it sound more garage bandish.   Like an early Replacements song.
06-22-2017, 10:05 AM,

I saw this on Twitter earlier so I left a brief reply,if you get me drift.   Confused
06-22-2017, 10:17 AM,
Actually the vocals being low really shouldn't be an issue considering the bad lyrics throughout the album. But all in all, the review could've been a lot worse.
And with all the loves and hates and passions just like mine...
06-22-2017, 11:47 AM,
I do believe that when she goes to a concert she expects a safe space for herself and like!!!!!!!
Lofty Thoughts High Ideals Lofty Skirts Is What Appeals
06-22-2017, 05:57 PM,
(06-22-2017, 10:17 AM)curiouser Wrote: Actually the vocals being low really shouldn't be an issue considering the bad lyrics throughout the album. But all in all, the review could've been a lot worse.

Since you are very knowledgeable of superior lyrics and top notch musicality, could you favor us with some suggestions of some music we can treat ourselves to?   I'm not really joking because if it's that much better that We're All Alright, I'm looking forward to hearing it.
06-22-2017, 06:27 PM,
(06-22-2017, 09:57 AM)cubbies01 Wrote:

I agree on the vocals being very low.  It could be bad production I suppose, but I thought it was  intentional to make it sound more garage bandish.   Like an early Replacements song.

Of course it was intentional.
It is very punk
Between that comment & that Curioser guy/gal, this thread is hysterical
06-22-2017, 06:28 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-22-2017, 07:52 PM by curiouser.)
(06-22-2017, 05:57 PM)AllStrungOut Wrote:
(06-22-2017, 10:17 AM)curiouser Wrote: Actually the vocals being low really shouldn't be an issue considering the bad lyrics throughout the album. But all in all, the review could've been a lot worse.

Since you are very knowledgeable of superior lyrics and top notch musicality, could you favor us with some suggestions of some music we can treat ourselves to?   I'm not really joking because if it's that much better that We're All Alright, I'm looking forward to hearing it.
Thanks for granting me the honor to educate you. Let me make it easy for you: one must be mighty dense that one can't compare and contrast the lyrics from this album to their first several albums. You're welcome.
06-22-2017, 06:32 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-22-2017, 07:47 PM by curiouser.)
(06-22-2017, 06:27 PM)DaveGT Wrote:

It is very punk
Also hysterical are the saps that think these lyrics are 'great', let alone good.
06-22-2017, 07:51 PM,
(06-22-2017, 06:32 PM)curiouser Wrote:
(06-22-2017, 06:27 PM)DaveGT Wrote:
(06-22-2017, 08:38 AM)dextershrill Wrote: Some people just have bad ears.

It is very punk
Also hysterical are the saps that think these lyrics are 'great', let alone good.

& here I thought this board was "troll free"
guess not

Big Grin
06-22-2017, 07:53 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-22-2017, 08:00 PM by curiouser.)
Lol- I know, right?