Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheap Trick Christmas
06-16-2017, 10:16 AM,
Cheap Trick Christmas
Is anybody else excited/interested in the Christmas album? Not many rock bands have done Christmas albums. I don't consider the Beach Boys rock music exactly, so the only other one I can really think of is Twisted Sister. I don't know what the name of Cheap Trick's Christmas album is going to be, but there are 3 new songs on it, which is incredibly awesome.
06-16-2017, 10:58 AM,
RE: Cheap Trick Christmas
I would be more impressed if they were doing a chanukah album
06-16-2017, 02:42 PM,
Is it Christmas songs OR a new LP of original CT music?
GOO GOO GOO JOOB...

("No you're not" said Little Nicole)
06-20-2017, 11:25 AM,
It's a new album of Christmas music with three Cheap Trick originals on it. I'm assuming those are Christmas songs as well.
06-21-2017, 10:59 AM,
Bearing in mind the Slade, Billy Idol, Rick Springfield and Nick Lowe Christmas albums (which all vary between great moments and total clungy awfulness), I am reserving my opinion about this.
06-21-2017, 11:19 AM,
(06-21-2017, 10:59 AM)12stringbassist Wrote: Bearing in mind the Slade, Billy Idol, Rick Springfield and Nick Lowe Christmas albums (which all vary between great moments and total clungy awfulness), I am reserving my opinion about this.

Me too. I cringe at the idea of them doing any traditional songs and no matter what they put on it I'll only dig it out once a year to listen to.
But like you I'll reserve my opinion until I hear it. Just hope the new tunes are a little more original than "Come On Christmas" and "I Want You For Christmas".
06-21-2017, 11:30 AM,
(06-21-2017, 11:19 AM)clp Wrote:
(06-21-2017, 10:59 AM)12stringbassist Wrote: Bearing in mind the Slade, Billy Idol, Rick Springfield and Nick Lowe Christmas albums (which all vary between great moments and total clungy awfulness), I am reserving my opinion about this.

Me too. I cringe at the idea of them doing any traditional songs and no matter what they put on it I'll only dig it out once a year to listen to.
But like you I'll reserve my opinion until I hear it. Just hope the new tunes are a little more original than "Come On Christmas" and "I Want You For Christmas".

They're covering Chuck Berry,The Ramones,Slade and Wizard.   Confused
06-21-2017, 11:36 AM,
(06-21-2017, 11:30 AM)Darran Wrote:

Three originals plus those four only make up seven. I'm still a little worried but we'll see how it turns out. The band names pretty much tell you those songs already don't they.
06-21-2017, 11:37 AM,
(06-21-2017, 11:36 AM)clp Wrote:
(06-21-2017, 11:30 AM)Darran Wrote:

Three originals plus those four only make up seven. I'm still a little worried but we'll see how it turns out. The band names pretty much tell you those songs already don't they.

Indeed they do.   Big Grin
06-21-2017, 11:50 AM,
Can I preorder the Christmas album now? Maybe it will arrive by the holidays.
Lofty Thoughts High Ideals Lofty Skirts Is What Appeals
06-21-2017, 01:54 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-21-2017, 01:56 PM by clockstrikesten.)
(06-16-2017, 02:42 PM)The Walrus Wrote: Is it Christmas songs OR a new LP of original CT music?

(Me too. I cringe at the idea of them doing any traditional songs and no matter what they put on it I'll only dig it out once a year to listen to.
But like you I'll reserve my opinion until I hear it. Just hope the new tunes are a little more original than "Come On Christmas" and "I Want You For Christmas".)

I certainly hope they're more original than those as well. I'd forgotten about the Slade album. Merry Xmas Everybody was a good song and I bet that's the one Cheap Trick is doing. Chuck Berry is likely Run Run Rudolph. I always liked Father Christmas by The Kinks. If Cheap Trick does cool covers of other rock songs I'm fine with that. I just don't want to hear them doing I'll Be Home For Christmas or O Holy Night or things along those lines. Whatever it is, I'll be glad to have something holiday related to listen to even if it's only for the month of December every year.
06-21-2017, 01:58 PM,
(06-21-2017, 01:54 PM)clockstrikesten Wrote:
(06-16-2017, 02:42 PM)The Walrus Wrote: Is it Christmas songs OR a new LP of original CT music?

I certainly hope they're more original than those as well. I'd forgotten about the Slade album. Merry Xmas Everybody was a good song and I bet that's the one Cheap Trick is doing. Chuck Berry is likely Run Run Rudolph. I always liked Father Christmas by The Kinks. If Cheap Trick does cool covers of other rock songs I'm fine with that. I just don't want to hear them doing I'll Be Home For Christmas or O Holy Night or things along those lines. Whatever it is, I'll be glad to have something holiday related to listen to even if it's only for the month of December every year.
06-21-2017, 04:29 PM,
My worry about a Christmas album is that I will listen to it once and file it.
Cheap Trick or not.
06-21-2017, 09:32 PM,
Well, I'll be the minority voice here....I love traditional Christmas music and would love, love, love to have a version of RZ belting out O Holy Night! Are you kidding me?! Y'all can cringe all you want, but that would be To. Die. For.  Heart

I usually don't care for many of the rock Christmas tunes I've heard thus far, but of course am interested in finding out what CT has in mind. I can learn to love it  Tongue

I just LOVE being a Cheap Trick fan!
06-21-2017, 09:50 PM,
(06-21-2017, 09:32 PM)Andrea Wrote: Well, I'll be the minority voice here....I love traditional Christmas music and would love, love, love to have a version of RZ belting out O Holy Night! Are you kidding me?! Y'all can cringe all you want, but that would be To. Die. For.  Heart

I usually don't care for many of the rock Christmas tunes I've heard thus far, but of course am interested in finding out what CT has in mind. I can learn to love it  Tongue

I am open to it too