Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheap Trick Christmas
11-02-2017, 11:47 AM,
RE: Cheap Trick Christmas
Bottom line: "Christmas Christmas" is a helluva lot of fun! Eclectic, cool, rocking, and, 'tis the season, self-loathers, it's FUN!!!

www.weaponofselfdistraction.com | "Everything works if you let it...if you let it in your heart..."
11-02-2017, 01:40 PM,
(11-02-2017, 10:37 AM)Blacknwhiteforever Wrote:
(11-02-2017, 01:23 AM)clp Wrote:
(11-01-2017, 06:47 PM)12stringbassist Wrote: As for the album, I just can't get enthusiastic about it. At all. Though I really hope it does well.

Is this the final album of their BigMachine deal? Is there another deal in prospect?

I thought I heard at one point it was a 5 album deal. The only reason they did this is because the label asked if they wanted to. Not to finish contractual obligations like some suspect.

Show us the money, I thought I heard it was a 3 album deal?

Put it this way, if you had to record one last album to fulfill your contract would you make a Christmas album? I'd go out out with guns blazing not like this. I'm pretty sure I read in the press they did for BZCH that it was a 5 album deal.
11-02-2017, 01:56 PM,
No I would not, If I am Cheap Trick. They already have gone out with guns a blazing , The Latest, Bang, Zoom Crazy Hello, and now, Were All Right!!! Oh I forgot an a recent RRHOF induction.  How bought cannons a blazing ! Oh an a gift at Christmas. What more do you expect. But to my real point is TIC TIC TIC! This board is full of it, Talk Is Cheap! Back up your post! Oh yea they are still touring, how could I forget.
Its All Right, Shes All Nite, Shes All Right With Me............ Tongue
11-02-2017, 01:58 PM,
I am pretty sure TIC TIC TIC!
11-02-2017, 02:34 PM,
(11-02-2017, 01:56 PM)Blacknwhiteforever Wrote: No I would not, If I am Cheap Trick. They already have gone out with guns a blazing , The Latest, Bang, Zoom Crazy Hello, and now, Were All Right!!! Oh I forgot an a recent RRHOF induction.  How bought cannons a blazing ! Oh an a gift at Christmas. What more do you expect. But to my real point is TIC TIC TIC! This board is full of it, Talk Is Cheap! Back up your post! Oh yea they are still touring, how could I forget.

Nothing to back it up with other than a memory of what I read. But like I said, if you had one album left on your contract and they said how would you like to use it to record a Christmas album. I'd say pass…we'll record one more proper studio album. I'm sure they will have another new one out next year again.
11-10-2017, 09:47 AM,
Woke up this morning, to 20 degree temps, single digit wind chills and 4 inches of snow in Central NY. I told my girlfriend it felt like Christmas. So Merry Christmas CLP, for all the articles you share with us all. Then in my bathrobe and sweat pants I ripped Xmas Xmas to my PC. My PC plays through a THX certified setup so, this was the first time I heard Xmas Xmas to any length or quality. The quality is average but the CT factor is alive and throbbing. I swore Bun E, was playing in there awhile. Come Home for Christmas is outstanding the bass line gives me chills and that voice , well we all know that. Tracks 5 - 9 give a great traditional cover of Xmas. I Dont Want To Fight Tonight is a great twist. If CT has been a part of your life as it has been for many of us this is a must buy. It will give memories for years to come. It will be the only CT album I leaave to my kids in my will. They will remember!