Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The new album!
06-19-2017, 03:32 AM,
RE: The new album!
I just wanna know,,,

How the hell did Robin hit that note at 1:38 on "Brand New Name on an Old Tattoo,,"???

Really Like the New Album,is fun comparing the long ago demos to what they released,,GREAT STUFF!

Calif Trickster
Beware Of Platitudenous Ponderosities
06-19-2017, 07:51 AM,
WOW! Really digging "FLOATING DOWN" - the hook, Robin's soaring vocals, the arrangement, Rick's guitar in the instrumental bridge (which is a bit similar to the bridge in "I Can't Take It", and that instrumental bridge is a little reminiscent of the riff in Bad Company's "Silver Blue & Gold"). It's the "sleeper" track to be sure...

www.weaponofselfdistraction.com | "Everything works if you let it...if you let it in your heart..."
06-19-2017, 09:05 AM,
(06-19-2017, 07:51 AM)SteveRocketScience Wrote: WOW! Really digging "FLOATING DOWN" - the hook, Robin's soaring vocals, the arrangement, Rick's guitar in the instrumental bridge (which is a bit similar to the bridge in "I Can't Take It", and that instrumental bridge is a little reminiscent of the riff in Bad Company's "Silver Blue & Gold").  It's the "sleeper" track to be sure...

Tom is the primary songwriter too.    Tongue
06-19-2017, 10:29 AM,
(06-19-2017, 07:51 AM)SteveRocketScience Wrote: WOW! Really digging "FLOATING DOWN" - the hook, Robin's soaring vocals, the arrangement, Rick's guitar in the instrumental bridge (which is a bit similar to the bridge in "I Can't Take It", and that instrumental bridge is a little reminiscent of the riff in Bad Company's "Silver Blue & Gold").  It's the "sleeper" track to be sure...

“If Cheap Trick had never existed as a group and pioneered this genre-defying pastiche style for forty years, you’d listen to “We’re All Alright!” and think that you were hearing the greatest cover band in human history trying out its own material.”
Its All Right, Shes All Nite, Shes All Right With Me............ Tongue
06-19-2017, 04:18 PM,
Great album. I agree with others regarding the last three bonus tracks. Three of my favorites. I think "The Rest of My Life" is probably my favorite song. I also really like Floating Down, Fly on the Wall, Brand New Name and If You Still Want My Love. Robin's vocals are outstanding. A great performance. I hope that they add many of these songs to their set lists. I hope that the album gets the attention that it deserves.
06-19-2017, 06:14 PM,
Releasing the un-bonus version was a misstep. Don't see the point. It's diluting/screwing their amazon ranking. The deluxe version is currently at 23, while the standard is 88. Where would they rank if there was just one version to chart?
07-05-2017, 01:17 PM,
Is big machine promoting the album? Is there a new single to be taken from it? Buckingham /McVie (basically Fleetwood Mac ) have a summer single out here called red sun. She's Alright is in a similar vein and would get plenty of airplay on all stations if only management saw the potential? Excellent introduction to the album for the people who've never heard of cheap trick and direct them to purchase the new album. Then release Nowhere.
"Vambo Rool OK!"
07-05-2017, 04:45 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-05-2017, 04:47 PM by Keith Trick.)
(07-05-2017, 01:17 PM)dextershrill Wrote: Is big machine promoting the album? Is there a new single to be taken from it? Buckingham /McVie (basically Fleetwood Mac ) have a summer single out here called red sun. She's Alright is in a similar vein and would get plenty of airplay on all stations if only management saw the potential? Excellent introduction to the album for the people who've never heard of cheap trick and direct them to purchase the new album. Then release Nowhere.

Yeah, hope the album gets promoted well. I do think that "She's Alright" could be a good choice for a single. I think it could potentially work in several types of markets. I don't really thing "Nowhere" is going to have that same type of appeal. I think "Brand New Name" could have real potential as well. That song is really catchy and fun and shows off their skills as musicians very well. I think "Brand New Name" would really get attention on rock stations.

I would like to see them begin to add some of these songs to their set lists. That is one of the best ways the songs could be promoted is by the band performing them. I know it takes time and money, but I think doing some videos could also be very helpful.
08-09-2017, 11:19 PM,
I initially had a weird feeling listening to the new album---I bought the deluxe version of course. not sure why there was a standard version. I really don't prefer YGIGO and LTC---they sound like they were crafted to be the "radio" songs and to me they lack the "band personality" that I am always looking for. I wasn't grabbed by NOWHERE that much. but, I was into LOLITA, FD, LAF, ROML, IYSWML and I was pleasantly surprised at how SA turned out. I don't prefer when robin is kinda blues-shouting, but there are some really great A+ vocals by him on this record, and the last few records have some nasty bass playing by tom. I haven't felt rick's guitar personality that I liked so much on the early records in a long time---I used to see him in my mind when I heard his playing on record, and I wish I could feel that zaniness hearing the record. daxx is really great on record, bun always had great feel, but I give daxx credit---his ideas are really good and they can't sound good if he is not playing well on it--he is.

after putting it away and coming back to it, I am enjoying this record. in a funny way, I have gotten used to the my different degrees of interest in the songs, and I now like listening start to finish. I am happy for them. FD and LAF are my favorites.

would love to see more promotion....

I always get the Japanese version for the bonus tracks---these two are ok, no complaints, but I wish they would include WFMM and SHE SAID SHE SAID

also...what happened to joe perry's performance? maybe that was for something else....
08-10-2017, 09:43 AM,
Yep, don't care for when Robin goes for that blues-shouting, either. Leave that crap to George Thorogood or whomever.
And with all the loves and hates and passions just like mine...
08-10-2017, 01:34 PM,
(08-09-2017, 11:19 PM)checkeredv Wrote: I initially had a weird feeling listening to the new album---I bought the deluxe version of course. not sure why there was a standard version. I really don't prefer YGIGO and LTC---they sound like they were crafted to be the "radio" songs and to me they lack the "band personality" that I am always looking for. I wasn't grabbed by NOWHERE that much. but, I was into LOLITA, FD, LAF, ROML, IYSWML and I was pleasantly surprised at how SA turned out. I don't prefer when robin is kinda blues-shouting, but there are some really great A+ vocals by him on this record, and the last few records have some nasty bass playing by tom. I haven't felt rick's guitar personality that I liked so much on the early records in a long time---I used to see him in my mind when I heard his playing on record, and I wish I could feel that zaniness hearing the record. daxx is really great on record, bun always had great feel, but I give daxx credit---his ideas are really good and they can't sound good if he is not playing well on it--he is.

after putting it away and coming back to it, I am enjoying this record. in a funny way, I have gotten used to the my different degrees of interest in the songs, and I now like listening start to finish. I am happy for them. FD and LAF are my favorites.

would love to see more promotion....

I always get the Japanese version for the bonus tracks---these two are ok, no complaints, but I wish they would include WFMM and SHE SAID SHE SAID

also...what happened to joe perry's performance? maybe that was for something else....

That's Joe at the end of "She Said She Said".