Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pledge music
06-18-2017, 07:46 PM,
RE: Pledge music
(06-18-2017, 05:24 PM)clp Wrote:
(06-18-2017, 05:14 PM)Darran Wrote:
(06-18-2017, 05:07 PM)imalondonctman Wrote:
(06-18-2017, 02:38 PM)Darran Wrote: The Pledge purchase never arrived on time for BZCH but my Amazon order did. 
Because of that I ordered from both again and this time neither of them have arrived on time.

My Amazon order shows release date as next Friday (23rd)

And that's pretty pathetic. In the 21st century it should be in your letterbox on the day.

Unless they offer a courier option for delivery chances are you'll never see it on the day. As time roles on the postal service here in Canada gets worse because they keep cutting back on costs, workers…

In the age of millennials when people want and expect things immediately I don't understand the mentality of ordering something then waiting for it to arrive later. 

Get off your a**, out of the house and visit your local record shop to buy it. If you you complain that these big companies don't give you what you expect when you want it…stop using them and keep the local vendors in business instead.

Right on!
06-18-2017, 09:05 PM,
Don't want a download, want a physical copy!! You don't get it. What's your deal? Is there anything wrong with h a Bing something to but in your collection? I have a turntable, casette deck, CD player. You have your digital files. Enjoy
06-18-2017, 09:08 PM,
Don't want a download, want a physical copy!! You don't get it. What's your deal? Is there anything wrong with having a physical copy?
06-18-2017, 09:31 PM,
(06-18-2017, 09:08 PM)tricked out Wrote: Don't want a download, want a physical copy!! You don't get it. What's your deal? Is there anything wrong with having a physical copy?

I got off my ass and purchased a physical copy because that's the format I prefer. I didn't expect my Pledge copy to arrive on time so when it wasn't in the mail that day I went and picked one up. My downloads where available to download after midnight so I had a chance to listen before I went to bed. Sorry if I understand technology. 

I understand you want a physical copy. I understand you don't know how to download. I'm saying if you want it on the day don't leave things to chance. Preorder it from a physical store so you can physically pick it up and have your physical copy.

So if there is something "I don't get", I don't see it. When the Christmas album gets released in 5 months time I suggest if you want a physical copy, don't go to Pledge or Amazon if you are dissatisfied. Keep your local businesses alive by preordering it from them. If you are old school I would think a visit to the shop would be the way to go.
06-18-2017, 10:23 PM,
Your right!! I will never order another disc by mail or online again. I would rather drive 2 hours to get a physical copy than put up with this carp.
06-19-2017, 03:31 AM,
(06-18-2017, 10:23 PM)tricked out Wrote: Your right!! I will never order another disc by mail or online again. I would rather drive 2 hours to get a physical copy than put up with this carp.

There's something fishy about all this.   Confused
06-19-2017, 09:57 AM,
(06-19-2017, 03:31 AM)Darran Wrote:
(06-18-2017, 10:23 PM)tricked out Wrote: Your right!! I will never order another disc by mail or online again. I would rather drive 2 hours to get a physical copy than put up with this carp.

Yeah a little. And even though I had the tracks and a copy is on the way via mail. I picked up another just for the halibut.
06-19-2017, 10:25 AM,
I too ordered a Deluxe from Pledge, and so far am finding them disappointing. I also ordered a Japan Import from the same seller on Ebay that I bought the BZCH Import from.They both will get here when they get here, I guess. Somehow someway I have learned I can't fix any of this. I am getting by with the free download for now, Sure am.. I will add that although I use lossless digital for the convenience, I have physical copies of all of it. Kudos to all of you wanting a physical copy there is no replacement. I feel for those with no digital option in this world. I would drive the 2 hours if I had no digital to tide me over! Would I use Pledge again, NO!
Lofty Thoughts High Ideals Lofty Skirts Is What Appeals
06-19-2017, 10:25 AM,
(06-19-2017, 09:57 AM)clp Wrote:

Yeah a little. And even though I had the tracks and a copy is on the way via mail. I picked up another just for the halibut.

Big Grin
06-19-2017, 11:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-21-2017, 10:09 AM by 12stringbassist. Edit Reason: Updated info re Japanese CD arrival )
I'm in the UK, I ordered a Dlx edition from Pledge. Here we are on Monday 19th and it's not arrived yet.

BUT I do have the download to listen to (so as far as I am concerned, "I guess I got it on the release date") and my Japanese copy with even more bonus tracks comes via DHL on 21st. You have to wonmder if the Pledge edition is coming from Mars.

I didn't go for any of the special costly bundles as I thought they were just a ripoff. Sorry guys, but I do think that.
If I had known the deluxe was going to be so easy to get by other means, I would have just prdered via amazon.co.uk
06-19-2017, 11:28 AM,
(06-19-2017, 11:09 AM)12stringbassist Wrote: I'm in the UK, I ordered a Dlx edition from Pledge.
Here we are on Monday 19th and it's not arrived yet.

BUT I do have the download to listen to (so as far as I am concerned, "I got it on the release date") and my Japanese copy with even more bonus tracks comes via DHL tomorrow. You have to wonmder if the Pledge edition is coming from Mars.

I didn't go for any of the special costly bundles as I thought they were just a ripoff. If I had known the deluxe was going to be so easy to get by other means, I would have just prdered via amazon.co.uk

Yeah, unless you are going for a bundle, Pledge, Amazon… are kinda useless as far as pre-orders go. Like I've said above. If you want a physical copy order it from your local retailer ahead of time and go pick it up when it comes out.
Other things I've ordered from Pledge usually ship the day before release to avoid the albums leaking ahead of time. And with new releases coming out Fri. that means most shipments sit in a depot over the weekend before continuing on their journey.
At least in the UK you still get Saturday post but with things shipping from the US I highly doubt they would have a chance to even get there by then.
06-19-2017, 11:40 AM,
(06-19-2017, 11:28 AM)clp Wrote:
(06-19-2017, 11:09 AM)12stringbassist Wrote: I'm in the UK, I ordered a Dlx edition from Pledge.
Here we are on Monday 19th and it's not arrived yet.

BUT I do have the download to listen to (so as far as I am concerned, "I got it on the release date") and my Japanese copy with even more bonus tracks comes via DHL tomorrow. You have to wonmder if the Pledge edition is coming from Mars.

I didn't go for any of the special costly bundles as I thought they were just a ripoff. If I had known the deluxe was going to be so easy to get by other means, I would have just prdered via amazon.co.uk

Yeah, unless you are going for a bundle, Pledge, Amazon… are kinda useless as far as pre-orders go. Like I've said above. If you want a physical copy order it from your local retailer ahead of time and go pick it up when it comes out.
Other things I've ordered from Pledge usually ship the day before release to avoid the albums leaking ahead of time. And with new releases coming out Fri. that means most shipments sit in a depot over the weekend before continuing on their journey.
At least in the UK you still get Saturday post but with things shipping from the US I highly doubt they would have a chance to even get there by then.

BZCH was here on the day with Amazon.
06-19-2017, 10:27 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-19-2017, 10:27 PM by dextershrill.)
(06-19-2017, 10:25 AM)Darran Wrote:
(06-19-2017, 09:57 AM)clp Wrote:

Big Grin

I blame Nicola Sturgeon.
"Vambo Rool OK!"
06-19-2017, 11:00 PM,
I have access to the downloads, but I want to listen to the disc the right way. Through a CD player not a phone. That's why I have avoided listening digitally.
06-19-2017, 11:05 PM,
Oh by the way no disc again today. Whf!!