Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pledge music
06-21-2017, 09:56 AM,
RE: Pledge music
(06-21-2017, 09:18 AM)dextershrill Wrote: I was under the illusion that ordering through pledge somehow benefited the band. Anyhow, I got an email yesterday advising shipment. As I'm in the states, not bothered although I could've bought the cd cheaper in target etc but would've missed out on the bundle.

Just found out Newberry comics had signed cds were all alright for $15, of course there sold out now.
06-21-2017, 10:01 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-21-2017, 10:04 AM by 12stringbassist.)
My CD arrived at my home in the UK from Japan today - a day later than expected.
No sign of the Pledge CD yet - On checking their site, it's been shipped today.
Never again. No point.
06-21-2017, 10:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-21-2017, 10:37 AM by Blacknwhiteforever.)
There is no way I could not have listened to my download and waited this long, something to say good about that fuddy duddy.
Lofty Thoughts High Ideals Lofty Skirts Is What Appeals
06-21-2017, 10:39 AM,
No update on where my Deluxe CD is from the USPS. I was wondering if we should take odds on whether the Japan Import CD i ordered will beat it here. For the record I paid hard cold credit for my Deluxe CD!
06-21-2017, 11:03 AM,
(06-21-2017, 06:59 AM)Blacknwhiteforever Wrote: I have to say this. Why would any of us stick up for Pledge? Or preach to us about what we should do, or expect. Each of us have our own circumstances when purchasing cd's. I am fortunate to be tech savvy and current. I am not sure all Pledge users are, or really intended on just getting the download after what appears to be more than a week, after release. Yes I do feel it is a direct reflection on this website and unfortunately CT. Especially with this being such a very good album. Remember Pledge is using media mail the slowest form available. How much did we pay for shipping people? The only positive for Pledge is ... no I am not sure of one now.

None of you seem to seem to have the ability to understand what you read. I'm not preaching about Pledge but trying to make people understand everything you get from Pledge, downloads, updates, physically shipped items…is all handled by the band themselves. Pledge is a service they use much like ebay. You go to eBay as a portal to find everything you want but the seller is ultimately responsible for the quality of the products you buy, the shipping…   
PLEDGE DOES NOT MAIL OUT YOUR PRODUCTS!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
The band takes care of shipping themselves, so the band is shipping with the slowest possible mail available because it probably saved them money.
06-21-2017, 11:06 AM,
(06-21-2017, 09:56 AM)SycTrick Wrote:
(06-21-2017, 09:18 AM)dextershrill Wrote: I was under the illusion that ordering through pledge somehow benefited the band. Anyhow, I got an email yesterday advising shipment. As I'm in the states, not bothered although I could've bought the cd cheaper in target etc but would've missed out on the bundle.

Just found out Newberry comics had signed cds were all alright for $15, of course there sold out now.

Yeah I saw that after the fact too. Now I'm about to take delivery of a pair of socks and shirt I'll never wear for 10 times the cost of the signed CD I wanted.
06-21-2017, 11:09 AM,
(06-21-2017, 06:25 AM)lainey Wrote: Still waiting for my physical copy from Pledge Music. Did not expect a pre order to arrive at least 5 days after official release no matter what the fine print said. And not everyone can afford to run out to a store and buy something that they already bought and have coming.

I'm saying from now on don't use a service like this in the future if all you want is the CD. 
I checked my files a few days ago and realized for BZCH the band didn't mail out product from their Pledge drive until 13 days after the release.
06-21-2017, 11:14 AM,
(06-21-2017, 06:45 AM)Blacknwhiteforever Wrote: I think a lot of us used Pledge, maybe because it was suggested by this website? So were we disappointed by Pledge or this website? Which we all rely upon for CT news! I have a download and can play it across all mediums including my vehicle so I'm good. I hope you at least got your download Lainey!

If you rely on this website for news god help you. The last update on the news page until today was April 1st.

The band did suggest Pledge from the homepage, advertising bundles in the ad. That is how they make the most profit.
06-21-2017, 11:47 AM,
Bottom line clp is what you seem to not understand, we all paid a premium to Pledge. We paid for a service and that service sucks. We dont need anyone telling us to get off our asses and go to the local. Since when did Target qualify asa record store. Really the complaining has not been all that bad just people making light of it.
06-21-2017, 11:48 AM,
Suggest Pledge? It is a huge banner on the homepage.
06-21-2017, 11:55 AM,
(06-21-2017, 11:47 AM)Blacknwhiteforever Wrote: Bottom line clp is what you seem to not understand, we all paid a premium to Pledge. We paid for a service and that service sucks. We dont need anyone telling us to get off our asses and go to the local. Since when did Target qualify asa record store. Really the complaining has not been all that bad just people making light of it.

You paid a premium to the band. On the "About Us" page on the Pledge site they even suggest bands donate a portion of their profits to their favourite charity. Those bastards…
06-21-2017, 12:25 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-21-2017, 12:26 PM by Blacknwhiteforever.)
Thats why I am okay with my Pledge purchase. It still bad business for CT fans.
06-21-2017, 12:40 PM,
(06-21-2017, 12:25 PM)Blacknwhiteforever Wrote: Thats why I am okay with my Pledge purchase. It still  bad business for CT fans.

Agreed. 

Just sucks that people expected delivery of physical CD's on the date when that isn't really what was promised.
A little homework before hand can go a long way.
06-21-2017, 01:30 PM,
It is still way too long to be waiting .
06-21-2017, 05:38 PM,
A Real Pole Dragger, USPS says my CD Deluxe will be here June, 27, A Long Time Coming.