Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We're All Alright- My Order Of Favorites
06-18-2017, 11:07 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-18-2017, 11:09 AM by dreampolice65.)
We're All Alright- My Order Of Favorites
After 48 hours of replaying and absorbing this amazing, balls-to-the-wall release, here is my official order, from favorite to least favorite.
I am excluding "Blackberry Way", simply because it's not an original.

1) She's Alright
2) Lolita
3) If You Still Want my Love
4) Like A Fly
5) Brand New Name On An Old Tattoo
6) Floating Down
7) The Rest Of My Life
8) You Got It Going On
9) Long Time Coming
10) Nowhere
11) Listen To Me
12) Radio Lover

Now, this doesn't mean by any stretch of the imagination that I dislike ANY of these tunes- it just means the one above it, I enjoy listening to more.

Curious to see what everyone else's order is.
"Just like the trees, you grow- you die.
No one pretends to know just why."
06-18-2017, 07:13 PM,
RE: We're All Alright- My Order Of Favorites
Wow. Well, I guess we're all different. Radio Lover is probably my fave so far, with She's Alright my least favorite.

Clem.
06-19-2017, 10:29 PM,
Release she's alright as a Single!!. I'm telling you it'll be a worldwide Hit!
"Vambo Rool OK!"
06-20-2017, 12:19 PM,
(06-18-2017, 07:13 PM)clem1234 Wrote: Wow.  Well, I guess we're all different.  Radio Lover is probably my fave so far, with She's Alright my least favorite.

Clem.

Totally agree with you. She's Alright is also by far my least favorite song. It feels very out of place to me (unless it was on RZ's solo record) versus all of the other songs. The three deluxe songs (Blackberry Way, Like a Fly, If you still want my love) are superior to She's Alright IMO and one of them should have replaced it on the standard version IMO. Different strokes for different folks I guess. I'm just happy that I really dig 12 out of 13 songs!
06-20-2017, 12:29 PM,
My favorite tracks are: Blackberry Way, Floating Down, You Got It Going On, Lolita, Long Time Coming, She's Alright, The Rest Of My Life, If You Still Want My Love and Like A Fly.
06-20-2017, 09:01 PM,
(06-19-2017, 10:29 PM)dextershrill Wrote: Release she's alright as a Single!!. I'm telling you it'll be a worldwide Hit!

I agree 

Of course it wont happen tho
How the hell you supposed to sign a screen
06-21-2017, 02:26 AM,
I like every song so its impossible to do an exact order

But I'll do it in groups

A+
She's Alright
Lolita
Floating Down
You Got It Going On

A
Brand New Name On An Old Tattoo
Long Time Coming
Nowhere
Radio Lover

A-
If You Still Want my Love
Like A Fly
The Rest Of My Life
Blackberry way
Listen To Me

Floating Down is the highlight & if it was in their hey day would have made the band a super group IMO
Too bad that song will go under the radar now
06-21-2017, 02:39 PM,
(06-18-2017, 11:07 AM)Okay here are my votes, from bet to worst... Wrote: 1) Like a Fly
2) Floating Down (it was my least fave when it first came on, then grew to love it)
3) Radio Lover (cool old song rehashed from the bootleg/demos)
4) Blackberry Way
5) Brand New Name On An Old Tattoo   (cool old song rehashed from the bootleg/demos)
6) Listen to Me
7) Nowhere
8) You Got It Going On
9) Long Time Coming
10) If you still want my love
11)  You got it going on
12)  Lolita
130 She's Alright

Now, this doesn't mean by any stretch of the imagination that I dislike ANY of these tunes- it just means the one above it, I enjoy listening to more.

Curious to see what everyone else's order is.
There's no forgiveness when your soul is sold.
08-22-2017, 02:41 PM,
"Floating Down" is epic!
Check out our Cheap Trick Podcast - Cheap Talk with Trick Chat!
http://www.facebook.com/groups/Cheaptalk/
08-22-2017, 02:51 PM,
(08-22-2017, 02:41 PM)nightwingken Wrote: "Floating Down" is epic!

It should be a single it's awesome.
08-22-2017, 07:45 PM,
Floating Down
Like A Fly
Brand New Name on an Old Tattoo
Blackberry Way
Lolita
Rest of My Life
She's Alright
If You Still Want My Love
Long Time Coming
You Got It Going On
Radio Lover
Listen To Me
Nowhere

Top four are essentially interchangeable. Love this album! Must admit, when I saw the title for Brand New Name I thought to myself, "That will probably be my least favorite song on the record." NOT!! It is awesome!
09-03-2017, 07:15 AM,
Favourites are 'Rest of my Life' and 'If you still want my love'. Least favourite are the first two tracks, the two singles ironically!
09-03-2017, 10:43 AM,
(09-03-2017, 07:15 AM)Mike Hayes Wrote: Favourites are 'Rest of my Life' and 'If you still want my love'. Least favourite are the first two tracks, the two singles ironically!

Funny...  that's my opinion also!   They're not bad songs but I'm not as crazy about them as the rest of the record.
09-03-2017, 10:45 AM,
(09-03-2017, 07:15 AM)Mike Hayes Wrote: Favourites are 'Rest of my Life' and 'If you still want my love'. Least favourite are the first two tracks, the two singles ironically!
Maybe not too ironic. They often make the wrong call on the singles, imo. I do like those tracks, though. It seems the only general consensus in taste is Like A Fly. Interesting how Trick fans can almost be divided between the mods and the rockers (and mockers, and maybe even a couple more subsets).
09-03-2017, 10:52 AM,
(09-03-2017, 10:45 AM)FredZeppelin Wrote:
It seems the only general consensus in taste is Like A Fly. 

I've seen many posts on the interweb praising Floating Down too.