Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No hard copy yet?
06-20-2017, 10:16 AM,
No hard copy yet?
I ordered the deluxe, (why would anybody not?) and already have the download from the email. Problem is, I still don't have the actual cd. Am I alone in this or is Pledgemusic really this slow in sending out hard copies?

https://sputinc7.wixsite.com/covwc

I didn't do it.   But, if I did do it, it was an accident! Angel

if you lose your head and give up, you niether live nor win. that's just the way it is.
 Exclamation
06-20-2017, 10:59 AM,
RE: No hard copy yet?
Im still waiting for mine too
I could use a little more cowbell
06-20-2017, 11:32 AM,
I just got an email saying mine shipped today.
06-20-2017, 11:41 AM,
Ordered a Deluxe CD from Pledge. 06/20 received an email stating all CT items have been shipped. Included a USPS tracking number that shows only a media mail label has been created. The USPS has not yet received the item for shipping. Media mail is the cheapest way to ship media from books to dvds. Don't expect your Deluxe copy soon.
Its All Right, Shes All Nite, Shes All Right With Me............ Tongue
06-20-2017, 12:18 PM,
I ordered my deluxe CD from Amazon and it was shipped last Wed. and was in my mail box Friday, June 16.
06-20-2017, 01:21 PM,
(06-20-2017, 10:16 AM)radiolover Wrote: I ordered the deluxe, (why would anybody not?) and already have the download from the email. Problem is, I still don't have the actual cd. Am I alone in this or is Pledgemusic really this slow in sending out hard copies?

I'm glad you posted. I had the same question. Now that I've read your post, and saw that a bunch of us are in the same boat, I feel a bit better. I was wondering if I ordered incorrectly and wasn't going to get the CD because I thought I was supposed to get it in the mail last Friday. Oh well, at least we'll be getting our CD's and have been able to listen to the music from the download.
06-20-2017, 03:47 PM,
Amazon is gonna rule the world!
06-20-2017, 04:35 PM,
Your shipment was accepted/picked up at 1:04 pm on June 20, 2017 in WHITE HOUSE, TN 37188
06-20-2017, 04:50 PM,
(06-20-2017, 04:35 PM)Blacknwhiteforever Wrote: Your shipment was accepted/picked up at 1:04 pm on June 20, 2017 in WHITE HOUSE, TN 37188

Mine was picked up in the same place at 2:47pm,why couldn't they have picked mine up the same time as they picked yours up?  Big Grin
06-20-2017, 05:02 PM,
For everyone that has been whining on here about Pledge and saying they are never going to use them again because they are to slow or whatever…

Pledge is not in charge of shipping. The reason you will you more than likely get your order from Amazon before Pledge is due to the fact that Amazon ships product from their warehouses once they have received the goods. So if Amazon order, say 20,000 units, they will have them delivered to their warehouse before the release date, much like a record store will. Then when the release date (or the day before) arrives they will begin to ship them.

As far as Pledge is concerned it's out of their hands. They are just a portal that bands use to sell their goods. They basically provide a service and take in orders and nothing more. If anyone has bothered to read the FAQ's then you will know the fulfilment of your order is not in their hands.

This is directly from the site for those of you that take to bitching about everything without doing your homework first.
"Please note that the artist’s team is responsible for fulfillment. The fulfillment date can be subject to change, but we’ll make sure to keep you updated and details will be available in the ‘Updates’ tab on the project page."

And as far as everyone expecting it to arrive on the day of release, that was never stated anywhere from what I saw. The reason the downloads are provided is so until your order gets to your door you at least have the music to listen to. So if you are only ordering a CD from Pledge it's not really the best option for your purchase. They are the best option if you are shopping for a bundle or want access to the exclusive content via the "Access Pass". Which in the case of BZCH and this CD, up until this point are useless and not what we were promised. (Again, this is in the hands of the band and their management and not Pledge. So for everyone that bitches about this to Pledge, you are also barking up the wrong tree.)

So like I stated before in another thread. If you only want a physical copy of the CD on the day of release don't take chances. Pre-order it from your local record shop and on the day get off your ass and go pick it up. Keep your local businesses in business.
06-21-2017, 05:54 AM,
I can only LMAO about this . I have my download and mine was shipped before Darran's.
06-21-2017, 07:44 AM,
(06-20-2017, 05:02 PM)clp Wrote: For everyone that has been whining on here about Pledge and saying they are never going to use them again because they are to slow or whatever…

Pledge is not in charge of shipping. The reason you will you more than likely get your order from Amazon before Pledge is due to the fact that Amazon ships product from their warehouses once they have received the goods. So if Amazon order, say 20,000 units, they will have them delivered to their warehouse before the release date, much like a record store will. Then when the release date (or the day before) arrives they will begin to ship them.

As far as Pledge is concerned it's out of their hands. They are just a portal that bands use to sell their goods. They basically provide a service and take in orders and nothing more. If anyone has bothered to read the FAQ's then you will know the fulfilment of your order is not in their hands.

This is directly from the site for those of you that take to bitching about everything without doing your homework first.
"Please note that the artist’s team is responsible for fulfillment. The fulfillment date can be subject to change, but we’ll make sure to keep you updated and details will be available in the ‘Updates’ tab on the project page."

And as far as everyone expecting it to arrive on the day of release, that was never stated anywhere from what I saw. The reason the downloads are provided is so until your order gets to your door you at least have the music to listen to. So if you are only ordering a CD from Pledge it's not really the best option for your purchase. They are the best option if you are shopping for a bundle or want access to the exclusive content via the "Access Pass". Which in the case of BZCH and this CD, up until this point are useless and not what we were promised. (Again, this is in the hands of the band and their management and not Pledge. So for everyone that bitches about this to Pledge, you are also barking up the wrong tree.)

So like I stated before in another thread. If you only want a physical copy of the CD on the day of release don't take chances. Pre-order it from your local record shop and on the day get off your ass and go pick it up. Keep your local businesses in business.

i agree, order from local stores if you have any.  Target has copies too.  
I will ill say though, if pledge music can't get an album out sooner, the band should use someone else.  It is punishing the most loyal of fans.  I suspect though the band gets much more of a take for each album the sell using pledge compared to amazon or fixed store sales.   
06-21-2017, 10:45 AM,
(06-21-2017, 07:44 AM)cubbies01 Wrote:
(06-20-2017, 05:02 PM)clp Wrote: For everyone that has been whining on here about Pledge and saying they are never going to use them again because they are to slow or whatever…

I will ill say though, if pledge music can't get an album out sooner, the band should use someone else.  It is punishing the most loyal of fans.  I suspect though the band gets much more of a take for each album the sell using pledge compared to amazon or fixed store sales.   

I take it you still didn't read the entire post and understand it. Pledge does not mail out the product. The band takes care of the shipping through whatever outlet they choose.

Pledge is basically a place bands/artists go to to sell things. Like an "eBay" for musicians. eBay doesn't send out your purchase, the seller does. If you are unhappy with your purchase or aren't given all that is promised in your "Access Pass", like we didn't last time and haven't so far this time. Pledge hopefully has the option of banning them from further use of the site.
06-21-2017, 11:19 AM,
(06-21-2017, 10:45 AM)Pclp Wrote:

I take it you still didn't read the entire post and understand it. Pledge does not mail out the product. The band takes care of the shipping through whatever outlet they choose.

Pledge is basically a place bands/artists go to to sell things. Like an "eBay" for musicians. eBay doesn't send out your purchase, the seller does. If you are unhappy with your purchase or aren't given all that is promised in your "Access Pass", like we didn't last time and haven't so far this time. Pledge hopefully has the option of banning them from further use of the site.

I did.  I take it you did not understand my point.  First off, I agree order and buy local if you want to make sure you get it. 
Second,my point is  the band decided  to use pledge as their official vendor to sell their new album. Whelp, pledge does not have the ability to make sure all ordered music got sent out timely. It does not matter if shipping is "out of their hands".  The band picked pledge, pledge took the money for merchandise and shipping, and people are not getting their items.  

As such, that was not a good arrangement nor a good choice of online partner to sell the merchandise.  Because it sounds like many loyal fans got burned a bit  by using this service that the band was officially aligned with instead of gong with another online retailer.  

Now,  I suspect that instead of partnering up with an online vendor, like say Amazon, the band picked pledge because they probably get way more of a portion of each sale.  And that is fine, they just need to be more upfront about it.  Like "Using Pledge ensures sales dollars go directly to the band for each unit sold.  Do note that base does on volume, it may take up to 1-2  weeks after release date to receive merchandise ".  Many would still order.
06-21-2017, 11:29 AM,
(06-21-2017, 11:19 AM)cubbies01 Wrote:
(06-21-2017, 10:45 AM)Pclp Wrote:

I did.  I take it you did not understand my point.  First off, I agree order and buy local if you want to make sure you get it. 
Second,my point is  the band decided  to use pledge as their official vendor to sell their new album. Whelp, pledge does not have the ability to make sure all ordered music got sent out timely. It does not matter if shipping is "out of their hands".  The band picked pledge, pledge took the money for merchandise and shipping, and people are not getting their items.  

As such, that was not a good arrangement nor a good choice of online partner to sell the merchandise.  Because it sounds like many loyal fans got burned a bit  by using this service that the band was officially aligned with instead of gong with another online retailer.  

Now,  I suspect that instead of partnering up with an online vendor, like say Amazon, the band picked pledge because they probably get way more of a portion of each sale.  And that is fine, they just need to be more upfront about it.  Like "Using Pledge ensures sales dollars go directly to the band for each unit sold.  Do note that base does on volume, it may take up to 1-2  weeks after release date to receive merchandise ".  Many would still order.

In the end it's Pledge that gets the bad press though when the band are the ones responsible for delivering you products. Last year they didn't ship my stuff for BZCH until 13 days after the release. 
So the band need to be upfront on their Pledge page and put up a disclaimer like you suggested. If the band wanted everyone to get their product on time they should have delivered them earlier. Now when are they going to give us the video updates from the studio they promised. Last year they didn't deliver on the promised tour updates.