Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Like A Fly
07-09-2017, 06:31 PM,
RE: Like A Fly
I was thinkin maybe Bun as well.

https://sputinc7.wixsite.com/covwc

I didn't do it.   But, if I did do it, it was an accident! Angel

if you lose your head and give up, you niether live nor win. that's just the way it is.
 Exclamation
07-24-2017, 10:47 PM,
So, Nobody has a clue about the whisper at the beginning?

if you lose your head and give up, you niether live nor win. that's just the way it is.
 Exclamation
07-25-2017, 06:06 PM,
Sounds to me like he's saying "Laura", but that's my name, so, well, the odds of me just imagining things is probably pretty high.  Smile I can't make anything out in the whisper after that. This is when printed lyrics would help decipher what they're saying, however the band probably wanted it to be a mystery.

At least on "Love Comes A-Tumblin' Down" you could hear a bit more of the part where they talk about the healing power of music...and that was printed on the album sleeve as well. Maybe there's a hint somewhere in the liner notes of "We're All Alright" as to what they are whispering in "Like a Fly"?
I Found All the Parts to My Soul through the Healing Power of Cheap Trick's Music
07-26-2017, 12:40 AM,
I isolated and enhanced the audio, and was finally able to decipher it. Pretty funny.
07-26-2017, 01:29 AM,
(07-25-2017, 06:06 PM)talltrickster Wrote: Sounds to me like he's saying "Laura", but that's my name, so, well, the odds of me just imagining things is probably pretty high. 

I hear that too
So lets go with it!
07-27-2017, 05:28 AM,
(07-26-2017, 01:29 AM)DaveGT Wrote:
(07-25-2017, 06:06 PM)talltrickster Wrote: Sounds to me like he's saying "Laura", but that's my name, so, well, the odds of me just imagining things is probably pretty high. 

I hear that too
So lets go with it!

No let's not.  

From the great man himself and I quote ..... "it's Cheap Trick gibberish"
07-27-2017, 01:09 PM,
The guys in the band make up stuff about the meanings of songs all of the time, or just blow off the question with a flippant answer when they don't want us to know the real story. They're very secretive, always have been, which to me, is part of their appeal. They might be saying gibberish in the whispered part, but the first time I heard the song, that first word, or whatever they're saying right in the beginning, took me by surprise because I heard my name. That's how I interpreted it. And that's the beauty of music. We can construe it however we want.

Yeah, it's unlikely they're saying "Laura", but that's what I hear. And it certainly isn't a good thing, since whoever the person the song is about (if it is about a particular person) makes their skin crawl. Yikes!
I Found All the Parts to My Soul through the Healing Power of Cheap Trick's Music
07-30-2017, 09:26 PM,
So, what is it Fred?
I think the song's about Bun E. that's the face in my head when he says it makes his skin crawl. I still find it sad that after everything they all went thru together they can't get past this, you know, like adults.
Oh, well. What is it Fred? We all wanna know, now.

Exclamation
07-30-2017, 10:47 PM,
Thought it was about all of us who are overzealous fans. Ha!
08-03-2017, 10:37 AM,
"So now you know, how low can you go"
08-09-2017, 07:07 PM,
(06-28-2017, 07:07 PM)dreampolice65 Wrote:
(06-24-2017, 08:07 AM)dextershrill Wrote: Anyone deciphered the backwards message?

"I buried Bun".  Cool

From what I can tell, backwards it says "How long can you....." and then it fades out.

I like the track as well. The beginning reminds me a bit of "California Girl" from "The Latest".

Clem
08-09-2017, 10:28 PM,
love this song, and I would love for them to play it live