In Crowd
Stop This Game
Waitin' for the Man
The Flame
I Want You to Want Me
Dream Police
Surrender
Goodnight

Well I hope they step up there game before July 7, there's no reason they can't play at least 7-10 songs off WAAR and 3 or four off BZCH then close out the show with the (ugh) fan favs!
06-23-2017, 05:32 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-23-2017, 05:46 PM by SycTrick.)
RE: Set list - Vitoria Spain 6/23/17
(06-23-2017, 04:08 PM)Cheap Trick Webmaster Wrote: Hello There
Lookout
On Top of the World
California Man
She's Tight
If You Want My Love
Ain't That a Shame
Long Time Coming
Baby Loves to Rock
In Crowd
Stop This Game
Waitin' for the Man
The Flame
I Want You to Want Me
Dream Police
Surrender
Goodnight

Well I hope they step up there game before July 7, there's no reason they can't play at least 7-10 songs off WAA and 3 or four off BZCH then close out the show with the (ugh) fan favs!
06-23-2017, 06:02 PM,
(06-23-2017, 05:32 PM)SycTrick Wrote:
Lookout
On Top of the World
California Man
She's Tight
If You Want My Love
Ain't That a Shame
Long Time Coming
Baby Loves to Rock
In Crowd
Stop This Game
Waitin' for the Man
The Flame
I Want You to Want Me
Dream Police
Surrender
Goodnight

Well I hope they step up there game before July 7, there's no reason they can't play at least 7-10 songs off WAA and 3 or four off BZCH then close out the show with the (ugh) fan favs!

You're being intentionally funny right? I agree with the sentiment but there is a 0% chance of that ever happening. Look at the set-list you just posted...there's exactly two songs on there that are less than 30 years old. THIRTY years old. It's pathetic but that's the way it's pretty much always been. The whole "Bun E wrote the setlists and their better now with Dax" seems to have gone out the window at least a year ago.
06-23-2017, 08:08 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-23-2017, 08:09 PM by pick.)
Lose "In Crowd". WAAAAAAY better stuff on BZCH than that.

Play 3-4 new from WAA, 1 from BZCH and then go everything else.

Simple
06-23-2017, 08:39 PM,
(06-23-2017, 06:02 PM)mph2016 Wrote:
(06-23-2017, 05:32 PM)SycTrick Wrote:
Lookout
On Top of the World
California Man
She's Tight
If You Want My Love
Ain't That a Shame
Long Time Coming
Baby Loves to Rock
In Crowd
Stop This Game
Waitin' for the Man
The Flame
I Want You to Want Me
Dream Police
Surrender
Goodnight

You're being intentionally funny right? I agree with the sentiment but there is a 0% chance of that ever happening. Look at the set-list you just posted...there's exactly two songs on there that are less than 30 years old. THIRTY years old. It's pathetic but that's the way it's pretty much always been. The whole "Bun E wrote the setlists and their better now with Dax" seems to have gone out the window at least a year ago.

Oh I know "it's pretty much always been" over half of this set list is the same as it was in 1978, the first time I saw them. And literally has never changed. This band has a catalog of hundreds of song to choose from. WAA needs to be promoted on this summer tour, it's just to damn good!
06-25-2017, 12:07 PM,
I was there, so for those interested, here's a little account of my time in Vitoria;
The festival was fun to attend, with everything you expect, including mucha cerveza !! Not that many CT t shirts in sight, but quite a few spanish fans there, nevertheless !
I made friends with a spanish policeman from Madrid who had met the band a few times and showed off his photos of him with the three guitar players and Bun E, and did manage to grab a Daxx drumstick ! Daxx was the first to appear before the concert and very nicely threw two drumsticks for my new friend to try to catch ( a blonde girl got the other ). Then Rick came on stage to wave, do some antics and throw some picks at us; later, he even appeared at ground level ( head-high stage, it was ) and talked with fans on the side. The band appeared right on time at 9.30 pm; Rick in dark costume and black t shirt, Robin in white with a cap he never took off, Tom, from a distance, looking a lot like Clint Eastwood in Unforgiven, and Daxx with a tshirt I couldn't read... I think Daxx was written on it, actually, but I'm not sure ... They were all in fine form, Tom obviously relishing singing his song, Rick his usual manic self, and Robin smiling a lot of the time ! He displayed a guitar (again, I did not see the make : Gretsch ? Rickenbacker ?) with the cover of We're Allright on it. Rick did not have the five neck but played Uncle Dick on at least two songs; A man in the crowd had  made one ( quite well) of cardboard, and, after the band acknowledged it, ended up throwing it on stage. Rick's tech proped it against an amp where it stayed for the rest of the gig. The man wanted to get it back, possibly signed, but, when they dismantled the gear to make way for John Fogerty's, a tech, never looking at the crowd, simply took it backstage, much to the amusement of the people around the man. Another tech unstuck the four setlists from the floor and despite  (with  good english accent! ) my shouts of "setlits, please ! " merely crumpled them in his hand . Ahhh well ... I took a vengeance by buying every object ( except the white logo black tshirt I already have ) on offer, wich was the red and yellow tshirt on offer on the website, a black cap with the logo, and from another stall some badges of the band.
I do not have the occasion to see the band live that much (first London 2002, then London 2009, then Vitoria ) so I really made the most of it, enjoying every second, never taking my eyes off them, no filming or recording through mobile, taking just a few pictures . Here's hoping they come back to Europe another time !

As for the setlist discussion, well ... I'm not spoiled like some of you lucky americans who get to see them once a year, so I'll take what they offer ... Sure they could change it more or update it ... But I think that a band who had the core of its maximum success so long ago will never dare to create a setlist with even 50 % of songs from now ( now meaning the last 4 or 5 albums ) Sad but true, isn't it ?
06-25-2017, 11:39 PM,
Thank you very much for the fun report!
I haven't seen that WAA guitar yet!
06-26-2017, 03:55 AM,
(06-25-2017, 12:07 PM)A Frank in France Wrote: I was there, so for those interested, here's a little account of my time in Vitoria;
The festival was fun to attend, with everything you expect, including mucha cerveza !! Not that many CT t shirts in sight, but quite a few spanish fans there, nevertheless !
I made friends with a spanish policeman from Madrid who had met the band a few times and showed off his photos of him with the three guitar players and Bun E, and did manage to grab a Daxx drumstick ! Daxx was the first to appear before the concert and very nicely threw two drumsticks for my new friend to try to catch ( a blonde girl got the other ). Then Rick came on stage to wave, do some antics and throw some picks at us; later, he even appeared at ground level ( head-high stage, it was ) and talked with fans on the side. The band appeared right on time at 9.30 pm; Rick in dark costume and black t shirt, Robin in white with a cap he never took off, Tom, from a distance, looking a lot like Clint Eastwood in Unforgiven, and Daxx with a tshirt I couldn't read... I think Daxx was written on it, actually, but I'm not sure ... They were all in fine form, Tom obviously relishing singing his song, Rick his usual manic self, and Robin smiling a lot of the time ! He displayed a guitar (again, I did not see the make : Gretsch ? Rickenbacker ?) with the cover of We're Allright on it. Rick did not have the five neck but played Uncle Dick on at least two songs; A man in the crowd had  made one ( quite well) of cardboard, and, after the band acknowledged it, ended up throwing it on stage. Rick's tech proped it against an amp where it stayed for the rest of the gig. The man wanted to get it back, possibly signed, but, when they dismantled the gear to make way for John Fogerty's, a tech, never looking at the crowd, simply took it backstage, much to the amusement of the people around the man. Another tech unstuck the four setlists from the floor and despite  (with  good english accent! ) my shouts of "setlits, please ! " merely crumpled them in his hand . Ahhh well ... I took a vengeance by buying every object ( except the white logo black tshirt I already have ) on offer, wich was the red and yellow tshirt on offer on the website, a black cap with the logo, and from another stall some badges of the band.
I do not have the occasion to see the band live that much (first London 2002, then London 2009, then Vitoria ) so I really made the most of it, enjoying every second, never taking my eyes off them, no filming or recording through mobile, taking just a few pictures . Here's hoping they come back to Europe another time !

As for the setlist discussion, well ... I'm not spoiled like some of you lucky americans who get to see them once a year, so I'll take what they offer ... Sure they could change it more or update it ... But I think that a band who had the core of its maximum success so long ago will never dare to create a setlist with even 50 % of songs from now ( now meaning the last 4 or 5 albums ) Sad but true, isn't it ?

Good to hear Frank thanks for the review.
06-26-2017, 02:09 PM,
Yes Frank. The Americans don't know how lucky they are and the Poor Ausies!
"Vambo Rool OK!"
06-26-2017, 05:43 PM,
Lose 'Waiting for the Man', too. Other than that- pretty much par-for-the-course. They have a new album out and what do they do? Play one song.
And with all the loves and hates and passions just like mine...
07-03-2017, 09:01 AM,
Some photos.   Tongue
07-03-2017, 06:58 PM,
This was a festival show. That set list is indicative of that type of event. Mostly crowd pleasers with one new song thrown in. People are making too much of it. However, don't expect much different from the shows with Foreigner here in the U.S. They probably won't go 3-4 deep on the new record until they headline smaller venues

My world is in a spin
You wanna come on in?