Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gadfly or Tastemaker? This proves the latter
07-06-2017, 02:13 PM,
Gadfly or Tastemaker? This proves the latter
The music industry has a mouthy, opinionated and colorful tastemaker named Bob Lefsetz. I think I've posted about him here in the past, because he's a big CT fan. 

Which is clear as the glass of water vibrating on top of my speakers. Clear because today he published a WAA rave. Calls it a "smash" and don't we all wish it were/hope it will be. http://lefsetz.com/wordpress/2017/07/06/...t-my-love/

Enjoy. Smile
07-06-2017, 02:17 PM,
RE: Gadfly or Tastemaker? This proves the latter
So many great lines in this piece. Read it all. Right down to the last line: "THANK YOU CHEAP TRICK!"
07-06-2017, 03:03 PM,
A bit of both - also hugely influential - the L.A. Times did something on him last weekend. Worth subscribing to...a ton of music biz and musicians subscribe.

www.weaponofselfdistraction.com | "Everything works if you let it...if you let it in your heart..."
07-06-2017, 03:48 PM,
Lame, poorly-written, uninformed. Sorry.
07-06-2017, 05:04 PM,
(07-06-2017, 03:48 PM)FredZeppelin Wrote: Lame, poorly-written, uninformed.  Sorry.

It is a bit odd.   Big Grin
07-06-2017, 09:52 PM,
He's an offbeat guy with an unusual voice. I've grown to enjoy much of his work and dislike the rest. Little middle ground,with him. So this is not a conventional review and even his favorable opinions about the band we follow are offbeat. His highly personal but often engaging screeds are not everyone's cup of yogurt.
07-07-2017, 07:36 AM,
He's sung Cheap Trick's praises before - wrote something about In Color last year or the year before, if I recall. It's likely more than one person in CT management is a subscriber. Any sort of exposure like this is fantastic, of course...

www.weaponofselfdistraction.com | "Everything works if you let it...if you let it in your heart..."
07-07-2017, 11:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-07-2017, 11:47 AM by johnnymegabyte.)
I posted the article in IN THE PRESS section, before it went online on his site. I get his newsletter. http://www.cheaptrickmessageboard.com/sh...?tid=12658

I think he can be on-the-money or a total DB. His favorite word is "Moribund" on how he describes the older acts
As for an insider, he used to write for Rhino label. Not in a long while

Leftsetz and Gene Simmons had a debate at Canadian Music Week in 2009. You be the judge who knows the music business better

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Hello There Ladies and Gentlemen, Are you READY TO ROCK
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
07-07-2017, 01:55 PM,
(07-07-2017, 11:46 AM)johnnymegabyte Wrote: I posted the article in IN THE PRESS section, before it went online on his site. I get his newsletter. http://www.cheaptrickmessageboard.com/sh...?tid=12658

I think he can be on-the-money or a total DB. His favorite word is "Moribund" on how he describes the older acts
As for an insider, he used to write for Rhino label. Not in a long while

Leftsetz and Gene Simmons had a debate at Canadian Music Week in 2009. You be the judge who knows the music business better

Without even looking at the video, the amount of money Gene made/makes is proof he is a genius at making money in the industry.
If that is the criteria, then Gene should win that debate Smile