Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You Got It Going On new single?
07-27-2017, 05:36 AM,
You Got It Going On new single?
They just played the 'new song' from Cheap Trick on Planet Rock here in the UK.
07-27-2017, 08:13 AM,
RE: You Got It Going On new single?
New song/single, it depends of the definition of single. I remembered when 'No Direction Home' premiered, various sources where calling it a single. But a few months later, 'When I Wake Up Tomorrow' was deemed the official single from the album. Still, it would be nice if more singles were released (Even 'Lap of Luxury' had 4 singles). However- I don't think singles matter much anymore in this day and age as they did 20, 30, 40.. years ago.
And with all the loves and hates and passions just like mine...
07-27-2017, 09:26 AM,
(07-27-2017, 05:36 AM)Darran Wrote: They just played the 'new song' from Cheap Trick on Planet Rock here in the UK.

And I just heard it for umpteenth time on SiriusXM Underground Garage. 

I've been critical of the lyrics...but have to admit I've gotten over it. Mostly...I'm able to ignore the words and dig dig dig the sounds and rhythms.
07-27-2017, 12:12 PM,
I think the single will make a comeback. It's also an introduction to the album.
"Vambo Rool OK!"
07-27-2017, 12:20 PM,
singles are usually complimented by a music video. Some people are visual. Videos appeal to them, rather than just listening
Other artists have made lyric or basic "photo" videos, which are probably quite cost effective, versus some of these "million dollar budget" videos of MTV era and POP, Rap and Top 40
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Hello There Ladies and Gentlemen, Are you READY TO ROCK
07-27-2017, 05:32 PM,
(07-27-2017, 12:20 PM)johnnymegabyte Wrote: singles are usually complimented by a music video. Some people are visual. Videos appeal to them, rather than just listening
Other artists have made lyric or basic "photo" videos, which are probably quite cost effective, versus some of these "million dollar budget" videos of MTV era and POP, Rap and Top 40

You can go to dogstarradio.com and search sirius xm's playlist by artist and/or song title. I was surprised how much play CT is getting. One station plays Floating Down 4 or 5 times a day. Three stations play Long Time Coming once a day. Little Steven plays You Got It Going On 5 or 6 times a day. Several other channels play the hits and some songs that may surprise you.
07-28-2017, 12:48 AM,
This is one of the reasons, among many, why I love this band. They've got too many good songs that they have a hard time figuring out which ones would be been a hit...forget about today...back in the day. There are at least four other songs, won't name 'em, that catch my attention and admiration more than 'You've Got it Goin' On.' Really starting to love this album...
07-28-2017, 10:30 AM,
you got it goin' on and long time comin' are such a great one-two punch at the start of this album--still in the cd player of the car on a regular basis.....I could hear Bon Scott and Angus joining them on these 2 in my head....Hello Pecatonica(July 4th, 1979)..what a show that was..Molly Hatchet, AC-DC, The Babys and Cheap trick(40,000 people)....Rockford Speedway. Cool clips of this on YouTube.

Hope to hear "you got it goin' on" on WAPL this weekend..I'm going to send them a request email. It's always an adrenaline rush to hear them play new Cheap Trick.
I gotta mind
Over you it's not the first time........