Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The New Christmas Album
09-29-2017, 12:03 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-29-2017, 12:04 PM by radiolover.)
RE: The New Christmas Album
Same here. Not buying it, and that is the first time for me to not buy a CT album. Though I am curious how they do on the Slade song...

https://sputinc7.wixsite.com/covwc

I didn't do it.   But, if I did do it, it was an accident! Angel

if you lose your head and give up, you niether live nor win. that's just the way it is.
 Exclamation
09-29-2017, 12:25 PM,
(09-27-2017, 04:43 PM)Tasq Wrote:
(09-22-2017, 02:11 PM)curiouser Wrote: Eagles? Uh..

Well, yes and no. 

Re: Please Come Home for Christmas was a cover of a 60s era soul tune by Charles Brown (really): 

FACTS https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Please_Com..._Christmas
SONGS COMPARED http://www.nola.com/music/index.ssf/2011...stmas.html

Robin gets to show Bonjovi how to sing again

09-29-2017, 10:43 PM,
Okay, I get that they think it's the late 70's again and they can put out 1 or 2 albums a year. So if that's the case, is the next album going to be Cheap Trick at White River? The big breakthrough that pushes them to platinum status again? 
But seriously, I will give this a fair listen.
Yesterday, 11:58 AM,
So the new Christmas CD comes out tomorrow and its been radio silence on Pledge (no advance downloads/updates etc) and not much hype on here either. I bought one of the packages off Pledge (I had to have that sweater) but hope that's not the best part of the package! I'm not gonna lie, I'm a little worried this is going to be the coal in the stocking! Fingers crossed that's not the case.......
Today, 12:09 AM,
(Yesterday, 11:58 AM)Scamer Wrote: So the new Christmas CD comes out tomorrow and its been radio silence on Pledge (no advance downloads/updates etc) and not much hype on here either. I bought one of the packages off Pledge (I had to have that sweater) but hope that's not the best part of the package! I'm not gonna lie, I'm a little worried this is going to be the coal in the stocking! Fingers crossed that's not the case.......
How many albums is the deal with Big Machine for? Did they rush out the two current albums just to be done with the deal? I don't think being with a major label has helped them much this go round.
Today, 12:26 AM,
Love it!!! Great fun...especially the last 30 seconds.
Today, 12:52 AM,
Solid effort! Only listened once, but sounds great. Father Christmas is excellent. Silent Night as well.
Today, 12:53 AM,
(Today, 12:09 AM)Lonely Summer Wrote:
(Yesterday, 11:58 AM)Scamer Wrote: So the new Christmas CD comes out tomorrow and its been radio silence on Pledge (no advance downloads/updates etc) and not much hype on here either. I bought one of the packages off Pledge (I had to have that sweater) but hope that's not the best part of the package! I'm not gonna lie, I'm a little worried this is going to be the coal in the stocking! Fingers crossed that's not the case.......
How many albums is the deal with Big Machine for? Did they rush out the two current albums just to be done with the deal? I don't think being with a major label has helped them much this go round.

I think I heard it was a 5 record deal.
10 hours ago,
Three albums down with the remaining 2 albums being another studio album and probably another (sigh) live album rounding out the record deal.

First impressions of the Christmas album was that I thought it was rather overwrought, the biggest offenders being 'Silent Night' and 'Our Father of Life'. And I wasn't particularly smitten with the inclusion of saxophones and harmonicas on a couple of the songs.

But as far as rock Christmas albums go, it is pretty solid and would be perfect for a Chistmas party.
And with all the loves and hates and passions just like mine...
8 hours ago,
(Today, 12:09 AM)Lonely Summer Wrote:

It certainly has
The CD's prior nobody even knew were released
7 hours ago,
Hopefully "I Wish It Was Christmas Today" gets them on Fallon
7 hours ago,
(10 hours ago)curiouser Wrote: But as far as rock Christmas albums go, it is pretty solid and would be perfect for a Chistmas party.

Quick someone contact the Webmaster curiousers account has been hacked.  Confused
7 hours ago,
Just finished, the only song I really care to hear again is the SNL cover.
Decent holiday CD but a bit underwhelming

I wonder if someone will complain about lyrics Wink
5 hours ago, (This post was last modified: 5 hours ago by curiouser.)
Big Grin  RE: The New Christmas Album
Looks like I pitched a tent and am living rent-free in people's minds. I must've hit the right buttons. Lol. Big Grin
And with all the loves and hates and passions just like mine...
5 hours ago, (This post was last modified: 5 hours ago by DaveGT.)
(5 hours ago)curiouser Wrote: Looks like I pitched a tent and am living rent-free in people's minds. I must've hit the right buttons. Lol. Big Grin

So you admit you post to "hit buttons"?
How old are you?
if you are over 20, be ashamed Big Grin

Full disclosure: I forgot who it was that bitches about rock lyrics. I just remembered someone did & that they act childish.
I figured out by your reply it was you - thanks