Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christmas Christmas! pre-order
09-22-2017, 12:46 PM,
Christmas Christmas! pre-order
Pre-order Cheap Tricks's new album, Christmas Christmas!

https://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/cheap-trick-christmas
09-22-2017, 12:54 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-22-2017, 12:55 PM by curiouser.)
RE: Christmas Christmas! pre-order
(09-22-2017, 12:46 PM)Cheap Trick Webmaster Wrote: Pre-order Cheap Tricks's new album, Christmas Christmas!

https://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/cheap-trick-christmas

Will be skipping Pledge, thank you. I'll be buying it from Amazon instead. Or the local record store.
And with all the loves and hates and passions just like mine...
09-23-2017, 12:10 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-23-2017, 12:11 AM by The Walrus.)
Are there plans for a vinyl release? HOPE SO!!
GOO GOO GOO JOOB...

("No you're not" said Little Nicole)
09-24-2017, 02:47 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-25-2017, 10:17 AM by clp.)
We never got the exclusive tour updates from the "BZCH" access pass. Never got the exclusive in studio updates from the "WAA" access pass. What are you telling people will be part of the access pass, that will never be uploaded, this time?

Take a page out of the way Gary Numan handled his updates and delivered what was promised as part of the access pass or stop giving the fans a line of BS.
09-29-2017, 10:44 PM,
Why is it so important to pre-order everything these days? I don't think i'll have any trouble finding a copy once it is actually released....er, dropped.
09-30-2017, 02:05 AM,
(09-29-2017, 10:44 PM)Lonely Summer Wrote: Why is it so important to pre-order everything these days? I don't think i'll have any trouble finding a copy once it is actually released....er, dropped.

The Pledge thing is meant mostly for exclusive merchandise, autographed items and supposedly exclusive content with the "Access Pass" (which I see they aren't making promises they'll break this time).
If you just want the CD on the day of release, I say go to your local record store or retailer and pick it up. If there isn't one in your area maybe all this pre-order crap is to blame. People don't go to the store to buy things anymore and when the record stores disappear they wonder why. Luckily for me there are 4 record stores within 15 mins of where I live and a great one about 30 mins away. I have been going to that one for almost 35 years now. And if you know about the release beforehand and ask a store if they'll be getting it in, they will almost always order one in for you.
10-01-2017, 12:46 AM,
(09-30-2017, 02:05 AM)clp Wrote:
(09-29-2017, 10:44 PM)Lonely Summer Wrote: Why is it so important to pre-order everything these days? I don't think i'll have any trouble finding a copy once it is actually released....er, dropped.

The Pledge thing is meant mostly for exclusive merchandise, autographed items and supposedly exclusive content with the "Access Pass" (which I see they aren't making promises they'll break this time).
If you just want the CD on the day of release, I say go to your local record store or retailer and pick it up. If there isn't one in your area maybe all this pre-order crap is to blame. People don't go to the store to buy things anymore and when the record stores disappear they wonder why. Luckily for me there are 4 record stores within 15 mins of where I live and a great one about 30 mins away. I have been going to that one for almost 35 years now. And if you know about the release beforehand and ask a store if they'll be getting it in, they will almost always order one in for you.

There ya go! Nothing ever replaces the thrill of walking into the store and grabbing that disc to take home. Sadly, the store where I bought Bang Zoom Crazy Hello is no more. 
RIP Hastings.