• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheap Trick and Poison
02-09-2018, 04:53 PM,
RE: Cheap Trick and Poison
(02-09-2018, 02:29 PM)Darran Wrote:
(02-09-2018, 01:57 PM)kebmpq Wrote:
(02-09-2018, 09:31 AM)Darran Wrote:
(02-09-2018, 08:33 AM)kebmpq Wrote:
(02-08-2018, 12:18 PM)clp Wrote: Can't justify that kind of money these days for half a concert. Did the Def Leppard/Poison/CT tour back in 2009. Sh*t seats, short set…at least I could afford it back then.
Buy the lawn tickets for $40 (around that price) so you don't waste a lot of money if you don't want to.  I thought prices weren't too bad for the Molson Amphitheatre with $103 being the back section of the covered area.  
That is well worth seeing the best band in the world for 45 minutes IMO  Heart

Sounds like a plan.   Confused
It's a great plan! Such a great plan that I keep buying tickets just to get closer ones-LOL and now I have a surplus.

Clivey is going to buy one off you for $39.99.   Confused

I'll wave at Clivey from my closer to the front seat  Big Grin
A Cheap Trick blanket, that will keep you warm.
02-12-2018, 01:15 PM,
I plan to pass on the Toronto show with Poison. Same like I did a few years back when they were opening for Def Leppard. No thanks.
No interest in seeing Poison. Def Leppard have gone schlock since mid-80's. Became less of a fan. Too many bands from era, put on "go through the motions", patronizing shows. We love you. More like we love your money. Thanks for coming, suckers

Did see them open for Boston, venue almost full during Cheap Trick set and people at the end of the night saying Cheap Trick were better performance of the two.
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Hello There Ladies and Gentlemen, Are you READY TO ROCK
02-12-2018, 02:30 PM,
(02-12-2018, 01:15 PM)johnnymegabyte Wrote: I plan to pass on the Toronto show with Poison. Same like I did a few years back when they were opening for Def Leppard. No thanks.
No interest in seeing Poison. Def Leppard have gone schlock since mid-80's. Became less of a fan. Too many bands from era, put on "go through the motions", patronizing shows.  We love you. More like we love your money. Thanks for coming, suckers

Did see them open for Boston, venue almost full during Cheap Trick set and people at the end of the night saying Cheap Trick were better performance of the two.

You don’t have to see Poison you can leave after Cheap Trick.   

Just saying.   Confused
02-14-2018, 01:01 PM,
No New Mexico show this time round. That's cool, saw Cheap Trick last August in Albuquerque, the were great as usual. I think that was my 25th Cheap Trick show!!!
02-14-2018, 03:13 PM,
(02-06-2018, 12:26 PM)rmartinez Wrote: Looks like a summer tour with Poison. Hope CT is headlining.

I am excited to see CT live again!! Always a fun and energetic time! Smile
02-14-2018, 05:45 PM,
(02-12-2018, 02:30 PM)Darran Wrote:
(02-12-2018, 01:15 PM)johnnymegabyte Wrote: I plan to pass on the Toronto show with Poison. Same like I did a few years back when they were opening for Def Leppard. No thanks.
No interest in seeing Poison. Def Leppard have gone schlock since mid-80's. Became less of a fan. Too many bands from era, put on "go through the motions", patronizing shows.  We love you. More like we love your money. Thanks for coming, suckers

You don’t have to see Poison you can leave after Cheap Trick.   

Just saying.   Confused
I could consider that. But expensive ticket, and expensive parking. 
Public Transportation is close to 20 minute walk from last stop on streetcar to the venue.
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Hello There Ladies and Gentlemen, Are you READY TO ROCK
02-15-2018, 10:16 AM,
I plan to see CT & Poison in Indy. I can't believe that a quality band like Cheap Trick(RNR HOFer no less) is opening for Poison???? Shouldn't it be the other way around??? I have a hard time believing that Poison has a larger fan base than the boys from Rockford...........
02-15-2018, 10:40 AM,
Got pre-sale tix here in KC. The deciding factor for me was that I'd get to see Pop Evil as Poison is honestly pretty terrible live. Then I realized that I didn't read the fine print and KC didn't have an *asterisk next to the date. That meant Pop Evil is only playing selected dates and KC is not one of them! It didn't say that in the press release. We have a "TBA". So that sucks! I can only hope that whoever gets the open dates is a more current band like Pop Evil and NOT a Bonham or Joan Jett re-tread of previous/recent summer tours. At least that way I can go for the first two bands and leave when the ahem..... "headliner" comes on.
02-15-2018, 03:45 PM,
Of course I prefer my CT headlining in a smaller venue...who wouldn't?! 
BUT...when these tours come around, I never pass them up. After all, it's still a CT show and it'd be silly for me to be sitting at home while they play an hour or two away.

And here's a tip...what has helped ease the blow for me on these tours and ticket prices for these venues the last few years is Groupon. For those of you that can deal with being back on the lawn, it's the way to go. We've had the pleasure of being up close for some shows, so I can forego that experience in these venues if it means going or not going (or paying over $100 for a good seat). I don't know anyone who likes all those fees on ticket sites. Groupon...$20 flat. No taxes. No fees. I will go with my daughter. Both of us- $40. It'll be fun because Cheap Trick will make it fun (even when they look so tiny from the back!). Other friends and fans will make it fun. Maybe not the "ideal", but live CT = a good time!

And these tours do provide my daughter, 16, with some exposure, good and bad, to other live bands. She enjoyed Journey. Not so much Frampton or Foreigner. Heart and Joan Jett showed her women can rock. We will stay for a little of Poison. I imagine that'll be enough and we'll easily beat any exit traffic. 

For all those with tickets, enjoy the shows! I plan to  Cool

I just LOVE being a Cheap Trick fan!
02-15-2018, 04:07 PM,
(02-15-2018, 03:45 PM)Andrea Wrote: Of course I prefer my CT headlining in a smaller venue...who wouldn't?! 
BUT...when these tours come around, I never pass them up. After all, it's still a CT show and it'd be silly for me to be sitting at home while they play an hour or two away.

And here's a tip...what has helped ease the blow for me on these tours and ticket prices for these venues the last few years is Groupon. For those of you that can deal with being back on the lawn, it's the way to go. We've had the pleasure of being up close for some shows, so I can forego that experience in these venues if it means going or not going (or paying over $100 for a good seat). I don't know anyone who likes all those fees on ticket sites. Groupon...$20 flat. No taxes. No fees. I will go with my daughter. Both of us- $40. It'll be fun because Cheap Trick will make it fun (even when they look so tiny from the back!). Other friends and fans will make it fun. Maybe not the "ideal", but live CT = a good time!

And these tours do provide my daughter, 16, with some exposure, good and bad, to other live bands. She enjoyed Journey. Not so much Frampton or Foreigner. Heart and Joan Jett showed her women can rock. We will stay for a little of Poison. I imagine that'll be enough and we'll easily beat any exit traffic. 

For all those with tickets, enjoy the shows! I plan to  Cool

Wonderful post. Spoken like a true fan.   Tongue