Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CT on Jerry Lewis Telethon
08-30-2006, 03:37 PM,
RE: CT on Jerry Lewis Telethon
CHEAP TRICK will perform on Jerry Lewis' MDA Telethon on Monday, Sept. 4, 2006 between 11am and 12 noon Central Time. Check your local listings.

Edited By Cheap Trick Webmaster on 1157169650
08-30-2006, 04:05 PM,

Aww!!! THANK YOU for letting us know!! **marking calendar** Big Grin
08-30-2006, 04:14 PM,

This is interesting. It's been decades since I've watched the Jerry telethon - I guess that will change this year. Jerry is such an easy guy to make fun of but when you think about how much of his life he has devoted to this charity it's kind of overwhelming. His heart is in definately in the right place.

I hope CT doesn't have an "incident" like the one I saw happen to Charo about 25 years ago. She was doing her "cootchie-coo" act and shaking her you-know-whats like she does. She had a strapless dress on which, of course, couldn't take the strain and popped right down. The camera guy had to have had a feeling it was going down because, suddenly, the camera swings over to Jerry and his eys bug out and his jaw drops. :laugh:

So...the lesseon to be learned is that nobody in Cheap Trick should wear a strapless dress for the show. Big Grin
Debbie Lowe
"Thought no one could hear me, I was goin' insane...!"
"Dance, dance, dance across the floor, a lust for life I've never seen before"
08-30-2006, 04:28 PM,

Thank you Candy for letting me know! Putting post-it note on TV in living room! (Sorry, webmaster, I found out from her first - I checked my email before the new posts... :Wink: )
All I want is a place in your heart to fall into
08-30-2006, 05:00 PM,

Fantastic exposure for the kids...unlike Charo's,of course.
Maybe they will do a new track..... :p
I got no time for lovin'
Cause my time is all used up
I stand outside creatin'
All the groovy kinds of love
08-30-2006, 05:19 PM,

this is great and i am off work too glueing myself to the tube all morning so i dont miss a thing
nancy snyder
08-30-2006, 06:20 PM,

does anyone know if this is a live performance? or do you think it will be something that maybe was taped beforehand.....if I am not mistaken this telethon usually takes place at Ceasars Palace in Vegas... then again I have not watched this for years either... but I agree any exposure ..er.. um.. excuse the pun :p is great and we will take it! This gets me even more pumped for the Muncie show..plus with the daughter back at college my hubby and son will be at thier Fantasy football draft...i can watch this alone without any interuptions(or comments from the peanut gallery I live with!)
Rick: Robin ,You're all sweaty."
Robin: It's just the way the shirt looks..."
08-30-2006, 06:33 PM,

Melissa J Wrote:does anyone know if this is a live performance? or do you think it will be something that maybe was taped beforehand.....if I am not mistaken this telethon usually takes place at Ceasars Palace in Vegas... then again I have not watched this for years either... but I agree any exposure ..er.. um.. excuse the pun :p is great and we will take it! This gets me even more pumped for the Muncie show..plus with the daughter back at college my hubby and son will be at thier Fantasy football draft...i can watch this alone without any interuptions(or comments from the peanut gallery I live with!)
I did a google search on the telethon and it's live from Vegas, but there are also segments from New York and Chicago.

Click here:

http://www.mdausa.org/news/060825telethon.html

Cheap Trick is not mentioned, but maybe they were just added. I'm wondering if they will be performing from Chicago as they will be in the area this weekend.
08-30-2006, 07:38 PM,

Debbie Lowe Wrote:This is interesting. It's been decades since I've watched the Jerry telethon - I guess that will change this year. Jerry is such an easy guy to make fun of but when you think about how much of his life he has devoted to this charity it's kind of overwhelming. His heart is in definately in the right place.

I hope CT doesn't have an "incident" like the one I saw happen to Charo about 25 years ago. She was doing her "cootchie-coo" act and shaking her you-know-whats like she does. She had a strapless dress on which, of course, couldn't take the strain and popped right down. The camera guy had to have had a feeling it was going down because, suddenly, the camera swings over to Jerry and his eys bug out and his jaw drops. :laugh:

So...the lesseon to be learned is that nobody in Cheap Trick should wear a strapless dress for the show. Big Grin
That's hilarious!!! :p
08-30-2006, 07:52 PM,

thanks!
four kings with an army strong, you knew the words to all our songs
08-30-2006, 08:02 PM,

In case you need to find out your local listing....

Local listings
four kings with an army strong, you knew the words to all our songs
08-30-2006, 08:04 PM,

graciegirl Wrote:In case you need to find out your local listing....

Local listings
Thanks! I hadn't gotten that far - you saved me some time. Running to add info to post-it note...
08-31-2006, 12:17 AM,

Metro98 Wrote:Fantastic exposure for the kids...unlike Charo's,of course.
Personally, I think a lot of us would enjoy it if all the boy's pants fell down. :p (eyemuffs for the little ones, of course)

just an observation!

I shall now be glued to the Jerry Lewis Telethon. Never thought I'd say THAT!
What??!
08-31-2006, 07:38 AM,

Debbie Lowe Wrote:So...the lesseon to be learned is that nobody in Cheap Trick should wear a strapless dress for the show. Big Grin
However , the viewing public is free to do so in the privacy of their own home . :Wink: Smile
<span style='font-family:Lucida Handwriting'>You're getting nervous . . .
You've never been this high before .
</span>
08-31-2006, 09:06 AM,

nefertiri21 Wrote:
Metro98 Wrote:Fantastic exposure for the kids...unlike Charo's,of course.
Personally, I think a lot of us would enjoy it if all the boy's pants fell down. :p (eyemuffs for the little ones, of course)

just an observation!

I shall now be glued to the Jerry Lewis Telethon. Never thought I'd say THAT!
I'll pass on the eyemuffs! :laugh: Love the new av... it sort of cracks me up!
"We think we understand a song's lyrics, but what makes us believe in them, or not, is the music." The Angel's Game, Carlos Ruiz Zafon
"Music has always been my passport to a better place." - Tom Petty