Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE LATEST - shipping news - important info
06-24-2009, 11:00 PM,
RE: THE LATEST - shipping news - important info
(* This message contains the most recent information available and replaces yesterday's thread regarding the album release, which is now outdated and deleted, fyi)

We are aware of your concerns regarding the purchase of The Latest and are working to resolve these issues.

For those who ordered The Latest through the Musictoday's official Cheap Trick store and selected Express delivery, you will receive a refund for the difference between the Express shipping rate and the Standard shipping rate. Musictoday is doing this to correct the confusion surrounding the differing shipment and release dates between Amazon and Musictoday. These refunds will appear on your next credit card statement.

CreateSpace, part of the Amazon group of companies, collaborates with many major labels to make CDs available on-demand and were engaged for the initial orders. They make professional-quality products that are manufactured as they are ordered.

If you are not happy with the CreateSpace product please e-mail a copy of your Amazon order confirmation to: thelatestoffer@cheaptrick.com, and you will be sent a factory manufactured version by regular mail when those arrive. We hope those will SHIP on July 6th.

Thank you and we appreciate your continued support for Cheap Trick.

Edited By Cheap Trick Webmaster on 1245911409
06-24-2009, 11:07 PM,

Cheap Trick Webmaster Wrote:We are aware of your concerns regarding the purchase of The Latest and are working to resolve these issues.

For those who ordered The Latest through the Musictoday's official Cheap Trick store and selected Express delivery, you will receive a refund for the difference between the Express shipping rate and the Standard shipping rate.
So the rest of us get squat then? Mislead not only once, but now twice?

Webmaster, I realize this isn't your fault, but someone's going to have to do a damn site better than that. I hope something better of a solution is coming down the pike.

I'm going to be extremely curious now, when (and if) my CD ever arrives to see what the actual shipping cost was. If it's anything less than what I paid, which was overpriced to begin with, then I and others most certainly got ripped off by Music Today.

Ok, said all I need to say for now. Thanks for your understanding.
I'm wishing to live longer aided by the supreme healing force of music.
It most definitely overcomes all weaking aspects of the body.
I have felt quite lost and distraught without those wonderful vinyl productions.
I'm convinced it's an addiction, too. I feel just great again.
06-24-2009, 11:24 PM,

Rocketdog Wrote:
Cheap Trick Webmaster Wrote:We are aware of your concerns regarding the purchase of The Latest and are working to resolve these issues.

For those who ordered The Latest through the Musictoday's official Cheap Trick store and selected Express delivery, you will receive a refund for the difference between the Express shipping rate and the Standard shipping rate.

Webmaster, I realize this isn't your fault, but someone's going to have to do a damn site better than that. I hope something better of a solution is coming down the pike.

I'm going to be extremely curious now, when (and if) my CD ever arrives to see what the actual shipping cost was. If it's anything less than what I paid, which was overpriced to begin with, then I and others most certainly got ripped off by Music Today.

To be honest I really don't understand all this complaining. If you feel you're getting ripped off then cancel your order. If you want to hear the new songs now then download it for $8.99 from Amazon. OR you can wait until the CD is released in stores in July. Why are people so crazy over not getting their CD on time?? If this is the worst thing happening in your world right now then you're having a pretty good life. The Webmaster can only do so much OR maybe nothing. You need to contact the company where you ordered from and talk to them. Stop boring us with your whiney BS. This is absolutely the most ridiculous stuff I''ve ever read on the message boards.
06-25-2009, 04:01 AM,

Cheap Trick Webmaster Wrote:If you are not happy with the CreateSpace product please e-mail a copy of your Amazon order confirmation to: thelatestoffer@cheaptrick.com, and you will be sent a factory manufactured version by regular mail when those arrive. We hope those will SHIP on July 6th.
First, thank you very much. These days must be exhausting for you, and I appreciate the efforts you make to smooth the edges and ease things for us.

About the problems with CreateSpace. I don't fully understand how this new "offer" works.
Once we send you the order confirmation, are we going to be automaticaly sent a replacement CD?
Or do we have to return the Amazon one.
Will we have some shipping or anything to pay?

And, how long will this solution be available?
Because I haven't received my amazon CDs yet (and presumably won't before July). So I still don't know if these are crappy ones. But I won't be home in the next days and I wouldn't want to miss this opportunity of getting the REAL Latest CD...

Sorry again to whine while we should all be partying because THE GREATEST BAND IN THE WORLD HAS JUST RELEASED A NEW RECORD!!!
"What I just said is the fundamental, end-all, final, not-subject-to-opinion absolute truth, depending on where you're standing."
06-25-2009, 04:31 AM,

Just had email confirmation that mine has shipped to the UK. 1963_headbanger_playing_an_electric_guitar.gif
Whoo Hoo Rock n' f*ckin' Roll. 1963_headbanger_playing_an_electric_guitar.gif
Thank you Cheap Trick. 1963_headbanger_playing_an_electric_guitar.gif
06-25-2009, 05:23 AM,

I too just received confirmation from Music Today that my cd was shipped! (Still don't understand why people say they were ripped off?)

Now, when will they announce the winner for the guitar?

(insert peace sign Smile )
four kings with an army strong, you knew the words to all our songs
06-25-2009, 05:56 AM,

graciegirl Wrote:I too just received confirmation from Music Today that my cd was shipped! (Still don't understand why people say they were ripped off?)

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>Peace!</span>
06-25-2009, 07:43 AM,

Doctor Monster Wrote:
Rocketdog Wrote:

To be honest I really don't understand all this complaining. If you feel you're getting ripped off then cancel your order. If you want to hear the new songs now then download it for $8.99 from Amazon. OR you can wait until the CD is released in stores in July. Why are people so crazy over not getting their CD on time?? If this is the worst thing happening in your world right now then you're having a pretty good life. The Webmaster can only do so much OR maybe nothing. You need to contact the company where you ordered from and talk to them. Stop boring us with your whiney BS. This is absolutely the most ridiculous stuff I''ve ever read on the message boards.
I don't believe I'm being whiny, or that it's BS. I think I've made less comments about the whole matter than you have, in fact. If it's "boring" or irritating to to you, then stop reading the threads. If you have no problems, then stay out of it - because frankly, it's attitudes like yours that are making this into more of an issue than it is.

The fact of the matter is were promised one thing, and that wasn't delivered upon. Then we're told something was going to be done for us to make up for it, and that wasn't delivered upon either. What's not to get about that? Maybe you're not in the same situation, and that's why you don't care? Personally, I don't like feeling like I've been lied to and jerked around - but whatever.
I'm wishing to live longer aided by the supreme healing force of music.
It most definitely overcomes all weaking aspects of the body.
I have felt quite lost and distraught without those wonderful vinyl productions.
I'm convinced it's an addiction, too. I feel just great again.
06-25-2009, 08:24 AM,

What about the free download that was mentioned in last night's post?
06-25-2009, 10:40 AM,

For Gods sake, give them the free download link and instructions. You told them they could get it now give it.
06-25-2009, 10:45 AM,

cagwa Wrote:For Gods sake, give them the free download link and instructions. You told them they could get it now give it.
cds are coming. things are being worked out. webmaster has been pulled in 100 different directions. ct did not want this,it's not the end of the world. go outside and get some sun, relax your mind.
long live cheap trick
06-25-2009, 01:49 PM,

Zed Wrote:About the problems with CreateSpace. I don't fully understand how this new "offer" works.
Once we send you the order confirmation, are we going to be automaticaly sent a replacement CD?
Or do we have to return the Amazon one.
Will we have some shipping or anything to pay?
If you're unhappy and want a replacement product, yes, just send a copy of the order confirmation (and be sure your correct shipping address is included) to thelatestoffer@cheaptrick.com.

That's it. Keep the defective disc. You'll be automatically shipped a new, factory fresh/manufactured copy as soon as available, no shipping charge.
06-25-2009, 01:57 PM,

Rocketdog Wrote:
Doctor Monster Wrote:
Rocketdog Wrote:

I don't believe I'm being whiny, or that it's BS. I think I've made less comments about the whole matter than you have, in fact. If it's "boring" or irritating to to you, then stop reading the threads. If you have no problems, then stay out of it - because frankly, it's attitudes like yours that are making this into more of an issue than it is.

The fact of the matter is were promised one thing, and that wasn't delivered upon. Then we're told something was going to be done for us to make up for it, and that wasn't delivered upon either. What's not to get about that? Maybe you're not in the same situation, and that's why you don't care? Personally, I don't like feeling like I've been lied to and jerked around - but whatever.
I agree with Rocketdog's point - last night, the Webmaster said "If you ordered through Music Today, you'll get a link to a free download" which is what he (RD) and I expected would happen. We did order via Music Today. But now, it's only people who ordered via "Express Delivery" who get the download. My point (and I believe I can speak for Rocketdog) is that we WERE told something different last night. If the "Express" orders were the only ones getting the free download, then that should have been in the statement, not "If you ordered through Music Today." Two very different, and unfortunately, misleading statements. We didn't pay $21 to have it delivered overnight, that's crazy. Why should we have? I don't have that kind of money, I already paid $18 for the disc after being told it was the cheapest I'd buy it anywhere! That was not true because I promise you iTunes won't charge $18 for the CD!!! So yeah, I, too, feel misled twice, and it's not just me!
06-25-2009, 02:19 PM,

I agree with Rocketdog's point - last night, the Webmaster said "If you ordered through Music Today, you'll get a link to a free download" which is what he (RD) and I expected would happen. We did order via Music Today. But now, it's only people who ordered via "Express Delivery" who get the download. My point (and I believe I can speak for Rocketdog) is that we WERE told something different last night. If the "Express" orders were the only ones getting the free download, then that should have been in the statement, not "If you ordered through Music Today." Two very different, and unfortunately, misleading statements. [/quote]

[/quote]
Is the download link offer off the table now?? I assumed via yesterday's posting that anyone who ordered via Music Today was going to be privy to this. My email last evening to customer service @ Music Today has gone unanswered. Believe me, none of this is the end of the world, but it sure is poor customer service.
06-25-2009, 03:10 PM,

Darran Wrote:
graciegirl Wrote:I too just received confirmation from Music Today that my cd was shipped! (Still don't understand why people say they were ripped off?)

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>Peace!</span>
icon_thumright.gif
four kings with an army strong, you knew the words to all our songs