Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheap Trick DVD: - Or VHS: What's great, what's not?
03-19-2011, 05:38 PM,
RE: Cheap Trick DVD: - Or VHS: What's great, what's not?
This is selfish of me, but - I want to be certain that I have ALL of the best of Cheap Trick. I haven't been to a CT concert in ages and I am desperate for a Cheap Fix. I'm buying some DVD's damitt! Which are your favorites? Which ones need improvement? All opinions welcome. Which ones are the best of you-know-who??? (Jason, behave.) Blush 1963_headbanger_playing_an_electric_guitar.gif icon_bounce.gif
03-19-2011, 07:07 PM,

I'm sure you'll get plenty of input, but wondering if you already have any of their dvds, or are we starting from scratch?

I just LOVE being a Cheap Trick fan!
03-19-2011, 11:07 PM,

I'd like some input, too. Just started experiencing the entire Cheap Trick catalog since I saw them in December (Fort Worth) for the first time, and discovering new songs and videos on a weekly basis...

I only knew about 9 or 10 songs before that, so still catching up. :p DVD's I own so far:

- Every Trick in the Book
- Music for Hangovers
- Live at Budokan (off of iTunes)

Thanks!
Big Grin
03-19-2011, 11:46 PM,

djcaterina Wrote:I'd like some input, too. Just started experiencing the entire Cheap Trick catalog since I saw them in December (Fort Worth) for the first time, and discovering new songs and videos on a weekly basis...

I only knew about 9 or 10 songs before that, so still catching up. :p DVD's I own so far:

- Music for Hangovers

Thanks!
The commentary on Music For Hangovers is priceless!!!

The things the guys say on From Tokyo To You are also really funny...Live In Australia is excellent as wellSmile

Have fun collecting!...You really can't go wrong with any CT dvd out there...They're ALL worth gettingSmile

rockon.png.gif
If You Do Not Heart This Band, You Really Should!!!

BEST Band Ever!!!!!
03-20-2011, 08:46 AM,

1955Meg Wrote:This is selfish of me, but - I want to be certain that I have ALL of the best of Cheap Trick. I haven't been to a CT concert in ages and I am desperate for a Cheap Fix. I'm buying some DVD's damitt! Which are your favorites? Which ones need improvement? All opinions welcome. Which ones are the best of you-know-who??? (Jason, behave.) Blush 1963_headbanger_playing_an_electric_guitar.gif icon_bounce.gif
Meg, are you talking about official DVD's or bootleg DVD's?
I don't like living in this fleshy human shell
As much as I abuse it it's really gone to hell
03-20-2011, 07:48 PM,

djcaterina Wrote:I'd like some input, too. Just started experiencing the entire Cheap Trick catalog since I saw them in December (Fort Worth) for the first time, and discovering new songs and videos on a weekly basis...

- Music for Hangovers

Thanks!
its wonderfull isnt it .. up till about 3 years back i had no knowledge of cheap trick what so ever believe it or not .. now thanks to their wonderful fans being so generous and learning from this board and being able to get my hands on RIAFT .. and so much trick stuff being available on the net and making some great friends from on here .. well my computer is now full of trick music and trick photos .. im never away from this board .. ive done cheap trick radio shows .. and yes been very lucky and seen them here in the UK last year and even got to meet them too .. and looking forward to hopefully seeing them in June ....... such an amazing 3 years discovering this amazing band ... hope your voyage of discovery is just as wonderful too
03-21-2011, 08:20 AM,

CHRISTOPHEZEE Wrote:
1955Meg Wrote:This is selfish of me, but - I want to be certain that I have ALL of the best of Cheap Trick. I haven't been to a CT concert in ages and I am desperate for a Cheap Fix. I'm buying some DVD's damitt! Which are your favorites? Which ones need improvement? All opinions welcome. Which ones are the best of you-know-who??? (Jason, behave.) Blush 1963_headbanger_playing_an_electric_guitar.gif icon_bounce.gif
Meg, are you talking about official DVD's or bootleg DVD's?
Both.
I see Every Trick in the Book is for sale on e-bay and Amazon. And even though Sgt. Pepper's isn't my favorite concert of theirs, I'm going to spring for that one as well.
Any more that I should have? Smile
03-21-2011, 03:22 PM,

On a related topic, I would LOVE if their Sendai concert (broadcast on BS2 in Japan) was be officially released, and at least part of the money raised go to help Japan.

*HINT HINT*
"Beautiful thoughts of all kinds crystallize into habits of grace and kindliness, which solidify into genial and sunny circumstances."
03-22-2011, 06:36 AM,

got the dream police live one yet?
03-22-2011, 07:14 AM,

Pachyderm I Wrote:got the dream police live one yet?
No. Is that new or old? :oh:
03-22-2011, 07:31 PM,

I would have to say that Silver is my go to DVD when I need my Cheap Trick fix. icon_thumleft.gif
If I never loved, I never would have cried.
03-22-2011, 07:55 PM,

Oh cum on(is that what you are talking about) as behaving in regards to what me and the warden watch, Music for Hangovers for me and Chicago Pier, Meg I will get you a copy one day, and even tho I was there I hardly ever watch Live in Australia and the concert was actually recorded on the 1st and 2nd of December not in October as I think it say’s on the cover
03-23-2011, 03:48 AM,

A great concert / nice set list:

http://cgi.ebay.com/CHEAP-T....wt_1141

(usally good quality)
03-23-2011, 11:52 PM,

So I was looking to purchase "Special One" and it has a CD/DVD combo?

What is the video? I did a YouTube search and didn't find anything....
Big Grin
03-24-2011, 05:58 AM,

djcaterina Wrote:So I was looking to purchase "Special One" and it has a CD/DVD combo?

What is the video? I did a YouTube search and didn't find anything....
I love this album and the DVD. Here's what is on the DVD:

1. Say Goodbye (video) this is in black & white and Robin is looking especially fine in this one!

2. Hot Love (live version)

3. Hard To Tell (live version)

4. Woke Up With A Monster (video)

5. He's A Whore (live from 1976) it's rather grainy, being so early on in the career, but great all the same.

Well worth the money you will spend!!!!