Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Second Run of Sgt Pepper Shows!
07-01-2010, 05:01 PM,

talltrickster Wrote:My 81 yr old mom wanted to go to Vegas with us last week, but she can't sit in a car for 11 hours. I told her yesterday that they added some dates in Sept, and that flights are cheap from Denver, so if all goes well, I might be taking her to see Sgt. Peppers after all!
That's so cool Laura!...Hope she gets to Smile
If You Do Not Heart This Band, You Really Should!!!

BEST Band Ever!!!!!
07-01-2010, 10:38 PM,

Piano Nerd Wrote:
Debbie Lowe Wrote:I see that they are playing on my wedding anniversary. Think the hubby will be upset if I ditch him and go to Vegas instead? I mean, it'll be 22 years...not something big like 25. Big Grin
Debbie, you make me laugh! Those were the EXACT SAME thoughts I was thinking when I looked at the dates. "hmmm...hey! this one's close to my 22nd wedding anniversary. Wonder if I can talk him into going? Or maybe I could go by myself..." lol :laugh:
At first I thought the same thing. Then I found this out: One of my good friends with whom I saw my first rock concert ever (Cheap Trick, 1979) has spent at least 2 anniversaries at Cheap Trick shows and was hoping they would be in Vegas late Aug for her upcoming anniversary (they aren't). Both she and hubb were hoping. So, spending your anniv at CT CAN be done, it all depends on how it is handled.
(Oh) Claire
07-01-2010, 10:42 PM,

When are these tickets "really" on sale?
07-01-2010, 10:43 PM,

Trickster_For_Life Wrote:
talltrickster Wrote:My 81 yr old mom wanted to go to Vegas with us last week, but she can't sit in a car for 11 hours. I told her yesterday that they added some dates in Sept, and that flights are cheap from Denver, so if all goes well, I might be taking her to see Sgt. Peppers after all!
That's so cool Laura!...Hope she gets to Smile
Yes, definitely! Especially since your whole last minute discount ticket adventure opened my mother's mind to her getting last minute tickets so she could see her first live rock band evah. (It was touch and go until the last minute but in the end she went for it!) Plus we were ALL going (girls included) so the group energy was getting contagious. Big Grin
(Oh) Claire
07-02-2010, 05:39 AM,

Debbie Lowe Wrote:
Adam Wrote:Yay more shows! If airfare goes down (it seems drastically more than it was last year), I would definitely go!
Me too. Those September dates look awfully tempting. We did September last year and it was perfect, right? Smile

I see that they are playing on my wedding anniversary. Think the hubby will be upset if I ditch him and go to Vegas instead? I mean, it'll be 22 years...not something big like 25. Big Grin
Didn't you spend your anniversary with me last year too. It's our anniversary. :p Let's do it again! LOL

Like Adam, I'm watching airfare too. Last year I think I went for like $232.00 round trip & a few weeks ago when I went it was over $466.00 which sucked, but having a comped room justified it.

I'm sorry I don't tire of the show, nor Vegas & what better place to be with friends.

I hope everyone finds a way to see this show at least once. I really thought it was the best version, but then again that's just my opinion.

Have a great holiday weekend everyone!!! :unclesam:

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸ My World Is In A Spin, You Want To Come On In  ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ 
07-02-2010, 07:23 AM,

Debbie Lowe Wrote:
Adam Wrote:Yay more shows! If airfare goes down (it seems drastically more than it was last year), I would definitely go!
Me too. Those September dates look awfully tempting. We did September last year and it was perfect, right? Smile

I see that they are playing on my wedding anniversary. Think the hubby will be upset if I ditch him and go to Vegas instead? I mean, it'll be 22 years...not something big like 25. Big Grin
Congrats on 22 years!
If You Do Not Heart This Band, You Really Should!!!

BEST Band Ever!!!!!
07-02-2010, 09:57 PM,

There are some room deals, too. One site that has been helpful is earlyvegas.com.
(Oh) Claire
07-03-2010, 11:44 AM,

If anyone is thinking about the Sept shows, I'd consider waiting to book airfare until the show dates are confirmed. I posted a note to the webmaster that the Sept. dates I was verbally given at the Paris box office do not coincide with what is posted on the Trick website. Paris tix were not on-sale yesterday either (supposed to go on sale June 30), so webmaster said he'll try to find out what's up.

Edit...just read that the webmaster said the Trick dates posted are correct.

Edit again...FYI...Just spoke again with the Paris box office, talked to a different woman, and she told me the same incorrect dates that are still in their computer system, but because they aren't on sale, Paris dates are tentative and subject to change. No one at Paris seems to have any idea when tix will go on sale.
I Found All the Parts to My Soul through the Healing Power of Cheap Trick's Music
07-06-2010, 02:15 PM,

Tickets for the extension are on sale now at ticketb@$tard and at the Paris box office. I just called 877-374-7469 and scored a front row center seat! Cool Big Grin
I've got a kaleidoscope of memories...

"I prefer to listen to Cheap Trick."
-Homer J. Simpson
07-06-2010, 04:46 PM,

Thanks Lisa. I got two seats for me and my mom, front row side, so she can get easy access to those comfy seats from her wheelchair.
I Found All the Parts to My Soul through the Healing Power of Cheap Trick's Music
07-06-2010, 08:47 PM,

Lisa J Wrote:Tickets for the extension are on sale now at ticketb@$tard and at the Paris box office. I just called 877-374-7469 and scored a front row center seat! Cool Big Grin
Lisa - that's WONDERFUL!! A dream come true: front and center! Have a great time!! Smile
08-08-2010, 10:09 AM,

I still cant make it. It has been a long time since I seen CT live.Sad