Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Statement - March 19, 2010
03-20-2010, 07:38 AM,

Voices909 using Kgisborne's account for the time being.....

First off-I just want to say that I am so thankful that Bun E is still a member of Cheap Trick and I can look forward to great new music from the band in the future. Bun E is the the king of thunder drums and always will be.

The concerts the last two nights have been crazy good, like Christmas mornng as a child, one surprise after the other. Whatever the band choses to do on the road seems to be working as far as I am concerned. I take the statement for what it is. If this is the change made, it can work.

Voices909
03-20-2010, 07:48 AM,

It says Bun is not "currently" the touring drummer. It doesn't say he never will tour or play live with the band again. Perhaps he just wants an extended vacation. Maybe he's just sick of playing the same songs for 35 years. Regarding interviews, he has been quoted as saying he's tired of all the same old questions, so it seems he rarely gives interviews. Maybe he just wants to chill. Who knows? But such a short statement regarding a band that has been together for so long is strange, but it seems to be the M.O for the website and the band. So I offer them this: "If you don't want speculation, please, release more information, for the die hard fans that are just dying to know" :Wink:
"We hit it off, so we moved in together. Got a cat named Ringo and it purred like leather".
03-20-2010, 10:58 AM,

Im thinking its the bands way of once again going out of their way to deliver what the fans have been asking them for ... a longer set list ........ and to do this they are trying out having a different drummer join them on stage .. and one the fans are familiar with at that too ... whilst im sure daxx is excellent for the job ... it seems very sad to me that after all this time together and all the gigs theyve played together for us fans that for the sake of maybe giving us an extra half dozen songs bun 's place will be filled by someone else ........ guys your so wonderfull to us fans and always try to give us what we ask for ........ but i cant help feeling in my heart that the guy on stage pounding those drums SHOULD be bun e carlos ...... and it would be sad if that ended just to give us a longer set length ...... maybe its just some headline shows he wont play at to enable them to do a longer set .. and there will be some with a shorter set that he will still play at ... and maybe theres other reasons and thats fine .. but if it is just to give us what weve been asking for ... is it really what we want folks ??? ???
03-20-2010, 11:15 AM,

It saddens and annoys me to think that I have been an INSANELY DEVOTED Cheap Trick fan for 21 years and some of you even longer that and the best that they can do is issue a 1 sentence statement telling us practically nothing. The die-hard fans deserve to know because we are all worried and curious as to what is happening to the best band in the universe. That 1 sentence did nothing but cause unnecessary speculation and stir up a bunch of crap. Of course we don't need to know every detail but for craps sake give us the general rundown a least. Sometimes the secrecy of this band goes a little to far.
"Life is Hell, but I do it Well"
03-20-2010, 11:23 AM,

In the Billboard review of Day 2 at SXSW, the writer mentions that Daxx was filling in for an ailing Bun E. Now the fact that the statement use the words "not currently" and further states that everyone is healthy, I take this to mean it's likely a temporary replacement for the summer tour. My guess is it could be that his back is acting up and he needs some time off or that there are other personal issues keeping him off the road. In any case, I wish him and the band the best.
03-20-2010, 11:31 AM,

Maybe the statement is short on purpose because they don't want to give out personal info about Bun if that's what is keeping him off the road. We all tend to jump to the conclusion that Bun's back is acting up again but, for all we know, it's not even him. (Like it could be a family issue or something.) We need to respect his privacy.
Debbie Lowe
"Thought no one could hear me, I was goin' insane...!"
"Dance, dance, dance across the floor, a lust for life I've never seen before"
03-20-2010, 11:36 AM,

Most important, I hope Bun is alright. Please, tell Bun we love him and give us more information. We are very worried. I'm shocked. I can't imagine CT without him. I'd rather have shorter sets with Bun, then longer ones with anyone else. But, I don't want Bun to suffer. If he needs time away, I hope he takes all the time he needs.
~*♥*•.(¯`*•.♥.•*´¯).•*♥*~
03-20-2010, 12:01 PM,

Who's boy is Daxx I connot remember right now? Sorry for not being the world's biggest fan!
03-20-2010, 12:04 PM,

Pokersailor Wrote:Who's boy is Daxx I connot remember right now? Sorry for not being the world's biggest fan!
Daxx is Rick's son.
All I want is a place in your heart to fall into
03-20-2010, 12:09 PM,

Daxx is a solid drummer and did a great job of filling in for Bun E back in 2001.
03-20-2010, 12:30 PM,

I struggling here to work out what part of Bun E. Carlos is not currently the touring drummer for Cheap Trick. Bun E. remains a band member. Everyone is healthy and Cheap Trick will continue to tour as planned people don't understand? dontknow.gif

Five years ago Tom Petersson was not the current touring bassist for Cheap Trick. Tom remained a band member. Everyone was healthy and Cheap Trick continued to tour as planned. icon_thumleft.gif
03-20-2010, 12:56 PM,

BiggestCTfan Wrote:It saddens and annoys me to think that I have been an INSANELY DEVOTED Cheap Trick fan for 21 years and some of you even longer that and the best that they can do is issue a 1 sentence statement telling us practically nothing. The die-hard fans deserve to know because we are all worried and curious as to what is happening to the best band in the universe. That 1 sentence did nothing but cause unnecessary speculation and stir up a bunch of crap. Of course we don't need to know every detail but for craps sake give us the general rundown a least. Sometimes the secrecy of this band goes a little to far.
get over yourself, sheesh
03-20-2010, 01:11 PM,

I'm guessing Alien Abduction!

Whatever the case... BUN ,
a) I hope you are feeling better.
b) I hope you are enjoying whatever length of "vacation" you need.
c) I hope you are touring with "Tinted Windows".
d) I hope you'll remember the fanbase love you & care very much.
e) All of the above.

Do your thing. Return.

:devil:
"This damnedable stuff is burning a hole in the ship's carpet!"
03-20-2010, 02:01 PM,

I just hope he didn't hook up with a tatoo model
Jimmy the Weasel
03-20-2010, 02:01 PM,

kevintonight Wrote:
BiggestCTfan Wrote:It saddens and annoys me to think that I have been an INSANELY DEVOTED Cheap Trick fan for 21 years and some of you even longer that and the best that they can do is issue a 1 sentence statement telling us practically nothing. The die-hard fans deserve to know because we are all worried and curious as to what is happening to the best band in the universe. That 1 sentence did nothing but cause unnecessary speculation and stir up a bunch of crap. Of course we don't need to know every detail but for craps sake give us the general rundown a least. Sometimes the secrecy of this band goes a little to far.
get over yourself, sheesh
I agree. Maybe BUN HAS A PERSONAL ISSUE TO DEAL WITH, AND THAT IS NOBODY ELSE'S BUSINESS.