Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Statement - March 19, 2010
03-20-2010, 02:06 PM,

BiggestCTfan Wrote:Maybe you should get over yourself, as I do not post negative things about you when I read a post from you that I don't care for. Everyone is entitled to their opinion
I agree. The rather weak press release should be more explainatory in order to avoid speculation. If they said "Bun E. is not touring due to a personal issue", all would be good.
Jimmy the Weasel
03-20-2010, 02:23 PM,

I totally agree I don't want to know every little detail just enough to halt speculation and to let us know everything is cool. Besides, we all know how rumors spread
"Life is Hell, but I do it Well"
03-20-2010, 04:08 PM,

The message seemed cryptic. It could be that there was a death in the family or that he's busy working on the next Tinted Windows album..
And with all the loves and hates and passions just like mine...
03-20-2010, 05:20 PM,

Bun E. Carlos is a legend. This band is the best out there and I hope they never give up. Sometimes personal issues are no ones business so let's respesct that.
03-20-2010, 05:28 PM,

BiggestCTfan Wrote:It saddens and annoys me to think that I have been an INSANELY DEVOTED Cheap Trick fan for 21 years and some of you even longer that and the best that they can do is issue a 1 sentence statement telling us practically nothing. The die-hard fans deserve to know because we are all worried and curious as to what is happening to the best band in the universe. That 1 sentence did nothing but cause unnecessary speculation and stir up a bunch of crap. Of course we don't need to know every detail but for craps sake give us the general rundown a least. Sometimes the secrecy of this band goes a little to far.
One more time, get over yourself
03-20-2010, 05:44 PM,

I think what is concerning is that the press release makes it sounds like his present departure was not amicable.

Granted, BiggestCTFan is right in the 30+ years I have followed this band they have provided more than a fair share of WTF moments of secrecy, but maybe that's why they have endured for so long.
Jimmy the Weasel
03-20-2010, 05:45 PM,

I will as soon as you grow up
03-20-2010, 05:56 PM,

Jimmy Jam Wrote:I think what is concerning is that the press release makes it sounds like his present departure was not amicable.

Granted, BiggestCTFan is right in the 30+ years I have followed this band they have provided more than a fair share of WTF moments of secrecy, but maybe that's why they have endured for so long.
I DO agree with this too.

I'm just for respecting privacy, thats all. No harm intended.
03-20-2010, 06:02 PM,

I would have been a little more satisfied if they had said that bun was still the drummer for cheap trick and not just he's still a band member that makes it sound like he's being put on the back burner or something it just does not sound right almost like there was a dispute instead of a health issue. I don't care to know all the details but it would be nice to know if this is just temporary or if this is the beginning of the end of Bun E. I feel like if it were just his back again then they either would have told us or the statement would have been worded differently but the statement makes it sound like something much deeper than a temporary injury. And again that's just my view on it
03-20-2010, 06:06 PM,

BiggestCTfan Wrote:I would have been a little more satisfied if they had said that bun was still the drummer for cheap trick and not just he's still a band member that makes it sound like he's being put on the back burner or something it just does not sound right almost like there was a dispute instead of a health issue. I don't care to know all the details but it would be nice to know if this is just temporary or if this is the beginning of the end of Bun E. I feel like if it were just his back again then they either would have told us or the statement would have been worded differently but the statement makes it sound like something much deeper than a temporary injury. And again that's just my view on it
Exactly!
Jimmy the Weasel
03-20-2010, 06:35 PM,

I think some people can care very much, about people they have not met. CT's music touches me deep. Bun is a big part of that so, I have a lot of emotion for him.

I have no idea what is going on. Bun said he is not in pain. An article said he was. Then I see this thread. It was a shock. I'm confused and crying. What do you mean it's not my business?! I'm upset. I care. Is Bun suffering? Is he leaving CT? My mind is spinning.

I'm surprised more people are not upset. Maybe, some have more info. Info can relieve anxiety. CT's secrecy is nuts sometimes.
~*♥*•.(¯`*•.♥.•*´¯).•*♥*~
03-20-2010, 06:49 PM,

You are exactly right RRMuse. I couldn't agree more and that is exactly what I was trying to express. Like I said I have been a devoted fan for 21 years and I was very upset when I saw the announcement. The thought of CT with no bun e. Is very sad. CT is not just a music band I like they are a way of life for me and I can't imagine not having them around. CT is a love I have cherrished for a very long time and I don't see it ever changing.
03-20-2010, 07:07 PM,

It's human nature to make more of it than it probably is.

We all have "life events" at some point that cause us to take some sort of a leave of absence from our work or daily routine. I will respect his privacy, and in the mean time try to catch another gig with Daxx. The show I did see with him was actually one of my top favorite shows ~ more energy than ever.
Hello, it's me again .....
03-20-2010, 07:08 PM,

Maybe I shouldn't even say anything more about this topic, but over the 5 years I've been here, I've tried to play peacemaker a few times. Doesn't work most times. I've made lots of friends here - and lost quite a few.

I guess you can look at that statement in more ways than one, but in the end, whatever is going on, I'm sure we can agree that we just want the best for the band and hope that Bun E is well. We can speculate all we want and it won't change anything.

Let's all get along. Please.
All I want is a place in your heart to fall into
03-20-2010, 07:16 PM,

BiggestCTfan Wrote:I have been a devoted fan for 21 years and I was very upset when I saw the announcement. The thought of CT with no bun e. Is very sad. CT is not just a music band I like they are a way of life for me and I can't imagine not having them around. CT is a love I have cherrished for a very long time and I don't see it ever changing.
Hugs to you.
~*♥*•.(¯`*•.♥.•*´¯).•*♥*~