Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Statement - March 19, 2010
03-20-2010, 07:46 PM,

RockNRollMuse Wrote:I think some people can care very much, about people they have not met. CT's music touches me deep. Bun is a big part of that so, I have a lot of emotion for him.

I have no idea what is going on. Bun said he is not in pain. An article said he was. Then I see this thread. It was a shock. I'm confused and crying. What do you mean it's not my business?! I'm upset. I care. Is Bun suffering? Is he leaving CT? My mind is spinning.

I'm surprised more people are not upset. Maybe, some have more info. Info can relieve anxiety. CT's secrecy is nuts sometimes.
Muse, You're confused and crying??? Wow!
Jimmy the Weasel
03-20-2010, 09:05 PM,

They're going to keep playing no matter what Bun's situation is. Rick, Robin, and Tom are still playing so it's all good. I hated all those years Tom was gone, I never felt Jon added a lot musically, he always seemed like a fill in to me...but that's a different story. Daxx seems to energize them.....why else would they play an extra 8 or 9 songs when he plays with them. He plays all of Bun's parts perfectly with his own style. I love Bun....but..

Makes me think of Ringo's kid Zak Starkey (Moon's Godson) playing with the Who. At least they're keeping it in the family. rockon.png.gif
03-20-2010, 09:53 PM,

Well...I sympathize for the folks whom are upset , even to the point of tears...but no one has declared BUN dead yet. They've only said he's not touring. The statement is... slightly cryptic...but maybe Bun ,The Band , and all concerned just don't want people to totally freak out. They've explained why Daxx is touring , so that you know BUN isn't dead , and still part of the band. That works for me. Cheap Trick and their music have been a part of my life since the 1970's , I trust them , and I trust them to treat the fans right. It'll get better kids. Take a deep breath , put on your favourite Cheap Trick c.d. , and think positive! :Wink:
"This damnedable stuff is burning a hole in the ship's carpet!"
03-20-2010, 09:58 PM,

The message says "not currently the touring drummer", which is not as bad as "not the touring drummer". I just wish we got a message directly from Bun E. saying something to the effect that it's only temporary in nature, or something.
And with all the loves and hates and passions just like mine...
03-20-2010, 10:04 PM,

BiggestCTfan Wrote:I would have been a little more satisfied if they had said that bun was still the drummer for cheap trick and not just he's still a band member that makes it sound like he's being put on the back burner or something it just does not sound right almost like there was a dispute instead of a health issue. I don't care to know all the details but it would be nice to know if this is just temporary or if this is the beginning of the end of Bun E. I feel like if it were just his back again then they either would have told us or the statement would have been worded differently but the statement makes it sound like something much deeper than a temporary injury. And again that's just my view on it
I agree with this. The statement just seems worded ... tersely. Like they're trying NOT to say something.

Now, I should also add that what the band members choose to do is their business. They owe me nothing. If they all decide to join a commune in a remote mountain outpost, they've given so many great years of music. I couldn't ask for more than what they've given.

But like others here, if the announcement included just one or two more words ... "personal business" would have been a good example... that would have been a bit more reassuring, IMO. But no, there is nothing in their contract that REQUIRES them to explain anything. They will do what they will do.

Well, Bun E ... I hope that whatever you're doing, everything is or will be OK with you and yours.
A prosperous fool is a grievous burden. - Aeschylus (525-456
BC) --Ancient Greek soldier, playwright
03-20-2010, 10:34 PM,

Remember, the word "fan" is short for "fanatic." Big Grin
03-20-2010, 10:47 PM,

Maybe Bun will turn out to be the Steven Tyler of the band. We'll hear about him drumming on garbage cans at Home Depot. Rock drama..got a love it. :glare:
03-21-2010, 06:37 AM,

Bun's just gotta very important side project to take care of that's all .... their headlining TOUR OF AUSTRALIA!!! Big Grin icon_thumright.gif
debj1111@bigpond.com

~ * Deborah * ~ ... SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA!!!

** ABSOLUTELY ** CRAZY FOR ROBIN!!!!

CHEAP TRICK!! IT'S TIME FOR A HEADLINING TOUR OF AUSTRALIA!!
03-21-2010, 06:40 AM,

froggie59 Wrote:Maybe I shouldn't even say anything more about this topic, but over the 5 years I've been here, I've tried to play peacemaker a few times. Doesn't work most times. I've made lots of friends here - and lost quite a few.

I guess you can look at that statement in more ways than one, but in the end, whatever is going on, I'm sure we can agree that we just want the best for the band and hope that Bun E is well. We can speculate all we want and it won't change anything.

Let's all get along. Please.
God love ya Maria!! Smile
debj1111@bigpond.com

~ * Deborah * ~ ... SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA!!!

** ABSOLUTELY ** CRAZY FOR ROBIN!!!!

CHEAP TRICK!! IT'S TIME FOR A HEADLINING TOUR OF AUSTRALIA!!
03-21-2010, 09:00 AM,

Paul Calypso Wrote:Maybe Bun will turn out to be the Steven Tyler of the band. We'll hear about him drumming on garbage cans at Home Depot. Rock drama..got a love it. :glare:
best post of the thread.

Singularity. Unapologetic. No compromise.
03-21-2010, 09:09 AM,

My hope is that all is well in the Cheap Trick camp. Mostly, that Bun is well. He certainly has earned a break or vacation, if that is the case.

With that said, I sure am glad I saw CT in Albuquerque last Fall!
03-21-2010, 10:17 AM,

Hope Bun E. is OK, truly. This does kind of shock me, however, with all of the momentum the band is currently enjoying thanks to the new album, tour, high-profile appearances, etc. Seems strange for this to come out of left field all of a sudden. It's not like they've been laying off the road for 6 months and this happened. Just seems abrupt to me. But who knows?

But as for the argument that they owe us nothing, don't need to issue updates, etc., I don't totally agree. When you're in a legendary band that always seems to end up on the nation's top nightly talk shows, on cable network news and such, you're very much a public figure just like any other celebrity. Yes, people deserve their privacy, but if Ben Stiller abruptly dropped out of production for his latest movie, it would be on TMZ, Entertainment Tonight, etc. every night for a month. Like it or not, being a high-profile entertainer carries with it some measure of forfeiture of your privacy.

Whatever happens, I hope whatever is going on is resolved, whether it's personal, medical, or a band dispute. Unless we're informed otherwise, we'll not know what's going on. Bun E. is a drumming hero of mine, and I certainly want to see him back behind the kit, short sets or not.
03-21-2010, 11:13 AM,

heres whats been said on one forum elsewhere

http://www.google.com/url?sa=....&q=http

http://www.electrical.com/phpBB3....1094548

not just us on here discussing this it seems ???
03-21-2010, 11:31 AM,

jilla Wrote:heres whats been said on one forum elsewhere

http://www.google.com/url?sa=....&q=http

not just us on here discussing this it seems ???
F*ck all new then. :glare:
03-21-2010, 12:38 PM,

When I read this on the Google board, I laughed so hard a little bit of pee came out:

"I hear Rick's teenage son Wolfgang Neilsen will be playing drums on all future tours.":p
Jimmy the Weasel