Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Statement - March 19, 2010
03-21-2010, 12:41 PM,

Jimmy Jam Wrote:When I read this on the Google board, I laughed so hard a little bit of pee came out:

"I hear Rick's teenage son Wolfgang Neilsen will be playing drums on all future tours.":p
I noticed that and my first thought was why can't they spell Nielsen. :glare:
Not forgetting the person that couldn't spell Daxx of course. icon_scratch.gif
03-21-2010, 12:44 PM,

Darran Wrote:
Jimmy Jam Wrote:When I read this on the Google board, I laughed so hard a little bit of pee came out:

"I hear Rick's teenage son Wolfgang Neilsen will be playing drums on all future tours.":p
Dude, realax. They guy was making a Van Halen reference.
Jimmy the Weasel
03-21-2010, 12:45 PM,

Jimmy Jam Wrote:
Darran Wrote:

Dude, realax. They guy was making a Van Halen reference.
I know what he was doing. icon_thumleft.gif
03-21-2010, 12:59 PM,

I think Bun E is just taking a break to rest himself/his back while the gig workload is fairly light. There's a period of about two months now where there aren't too many shows. A upcoming tour with Squeeze was posted and Rick mentioned recently that they may be doing another Sgt Peppers stint in Vegas. With Daxx as a more than qualified "fill in" this was probably the best time for Bun E to get/request a break if he needed one prior to the above commencing.

On the bright side for CT fans, it isn't Robin or Rick that required a break or there would be no touring/shows at all.
03-21-2010, 02:10 PM,

Hi all, I went thru the comments in the 'google' link. Now I'm just bummed that Bun couldn't do the show for Austin City Limits. When I read the Webmaster's statement I had been under the impression that 'going forward' Bun wouldn't be touring.

Crap and more crap. :down:

Best wishes to Bun and the gang.
CB4CT (loving CT since '77)
See'em live, and repeat after me: Cheap Trick were, are and forever shall be the f**king business!! - Rolling Stone '96
03-21-2010, 02:29 PM,

The fans aren't owed anything further than that statement. It tells us what we need to know! Daxx will do a fine job and it's all in the CT family.
-------------------
Follow me on Twitter @DougGood1
03-21-2010, 02:45 PM,

All I feel comfortable doing is taking the press release at face value and trying to minimize my own private speculations because in the end that would be nothing but stories I made up.

What I appreciate about the press release is what I've always appreciated about how this band runs their business and fan interactions: There isn't a lot of trash talk, rumor, and public backstabbing or innuendo (or leaks) like you see with so many (most?) other bands. They put out the message and leave out the personal/professional details and leave it at that.

Yeah, on the one hand I guess I'd like to know the details since I am a cuious and nosy person, but on the other hand I am about to O.D. on the whole celebrity gossip stuff that is always in my face wherever I look.

Fact is, I don't really NEED to know. The band didn't break up, Bun E. is still the drummer, though I won't get to see him play if they come to play around here. Obviously, that's a big BUMMER for me, but speculating about something I know nothing about isn't going to change anything for me.

Whatever lead to this "current" change in touring lineup is personal/professional and since the band is still together I am hoping that I can respect the way in which they chose to handle this and at the same time do myself a favor and not freak out or tell myself stories about it.

I love Bun E. as a drummer and CT as a band. Come to the Bay Area icon_cat.gif
(Oh) Claire
03-21-2010, 04:55 PM,

budokanasana Wrote:All I feel comfortable doing is taking the press release at face value and trying to minimize my own private speculations because in the end that would be nothing but stories I made up.

Nicely said. But I find it unsettling that the band's picture has been pulled off the web site banner at this particular time.
icon_pale.gif

Michelle
03-21-2010, 04:59 PM,

Mich Wrote:
budokanasana Wrote:All I feel comfortable doing is taking the press release at face value and trying to minimize my own private speculations because in the end that would be nothing but stories I made up.

Nicely said. But I find it unsettling that the band's picture has been pulled off the web site banner at this particular time.
icon_pale.gif

Michelle
:laugh:
03-21-2010, 05:03 PM,

At the risk of being blasted to hell, I'd rather see longer and better sets without Bun E.
03-21-2010, 05:06 PM,

The band photo is off the home page and webmaster changed his avatar, coincidence or not??

I think it's very sad that Bun E. didn't play the Austin City Limits taping. Such an honor, he should have been a part of it!
03-21-2010, 05:24 PM,

budokanasana Wrote:I love Bun E. as a drummer and CT as a band. Come to the Bay Area icon_cat.gif
Same here. At least I got to meet Bun E. at the Tinted Windows concert in SF.
03-21-2010, 05:30 PM,

Mich Wrote:

icon_pale.gif

Michelle
jesus ..webmaster changed it a week or so ago. marshall applewhites plane is leaving soon,all aboard. icon_thumleft.gif
long live cheap trick
03-21-2010, 06:07 PM,

what is a bun e. avatar?
"Life is Hell, but I do it Well"
03-21-2010, 06:53 PM,

Bunz Wrote:At the risk of being blasted to hell, I'd rather see longer and better sets without Bun E.
yep