Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COUNTRYSIDE album - available in May on Big3 Records
04-06-2010, 12:09 PM,

auf_wiedersehen Wrote:This is why it took me three years to find it!
Yep, we're hoarding them! :Wink: I found mine on ebay.
All I want is a place in your heart to fall into
04-07-2010, 08:44 PM,

MikeyII Wrote:Very cool!

And if it's to be released on May 25th, I posted a short-lived thread about this last week after reading it on another board.

Funny how quickly it disappeared then!

;-)
I asked to post this last May and have asked once every few months since then. I suppose I can see why the webmaster wouldn't let me post it. When it was recorded it was going to be a Robin solo album, but it sounds like now they're sort of billing it as a band. A friend of mine was the production coordinator and it was recorded close to where I live, which is ironically not far from where Tom lives.
04-07-2010, 08:47 PM,

beatpoet Wrote:
Cheap Trick Webmaster Wrote:... the drummer from Neil Young & The Bluenotes...
Did Robin somehow snag Chad Cromwell for drummer??
*hang on-- I may be hyperventilating* So cool. Cool
Yeah, Chad Cromwell. Isn't that awesome? Besides Neil Young (and many other artists) he played with Mark Knopfler on some of his albums and toured with him at one point as well. As for Robin's album, I doubt it will be very country, so no worries if anybody is.
04-07-2010, 09:19 PM,

Bernadicou Wrote:Wowowow, in 2001- Cheap Trick performed a country version of "Love Comes", it is very country! July 19, 2001; Saratoga, CA; is the one I know of. It is a "country version" of the song. Regardless it is sung with a "country" accent, and has "twang".
I listened to that and I don't think it's very country either, not anymore than the version of I Want You To Want Me on In Color was. There's just an acoustic guitar and a bass on this, but that doesn't necessarily make it country. We know Robin's not gonna be trying to sing like Garth Brooks or anything. I predict this album will be great.

Sorry for the 3 posts in a row. Obviously, I was a little behind and hadn't been on here in a few days. Buckwheat would probably say I'm more than a little behind. I'm a huge ass!
04-08-2010, 01:30 AM,

clockstrikesten Wrote:
beatpoet Wrote:
Cheap Trick Webmaster Wrote:... the drummer from Neil Young & The Bluenotes...
Did Robin somehow snag Chad Cromwell for drummer??
*hang on-- I may be hyperventilating* So cool. Cool
Yeah, Chad Cromwell. Isn't that awesome? Besides Neil Young (and many other artists) he played with Mark Knopfler on some of his albums and toured with him at one point as well. As for Robin's album, I doubt it will be very country, so no worries if anybody is.
Yes, it is awesome. Thanks!
(and yes, I'm well acquainted with Chad's work- just not what's going on at present) Smile
~My life's a circus, an insane chain of circumstances~
04-08-2010, 10:05 AM,

I bet "Save the Last Dance For Me" is the classic Drifters' tune...which The Beatles covered and included on their first version of the 'Let It Be' record, which was then known as 'Get Back'...that bootleg record is still my favorite version of that project/album... Anyway, knowing how much Robin and CT love The Beatles...Robin covering this song wouldn't surprise me...
GOO GOO GOO JOOB...

("No you're not" said Little Nicole)
04-08-2010, 01:57 PM,

RockNRollMuse Wrote:I can't believe how fast CT is cranking out releases, The Latest, Pepper's, Tinted Windows, Albini's IC, Countryside and half the new CT album is done. This is incredible.
Well, not really. Tinted Windows is from April 21, 2009 and isn't a "Cheap Trick" release in a true sense (the only connection is Bun E. played on it, but Cheap Trick didn't put it out there).

The Latest is from June of 2009 (getting close to a year) and Sgt. Pepper is from August of 2009, still getting close to that year mark. Not trying to thwart your positive momentum, but these things didn't happen recently.

Is there a release date on Albini's version of IC? I haven't seen it, that is a project that has taken around 10 years to see a release date (if it has one, again, I am speaking about that without knowing) and a new CT album? Not even aware of one (but as a fan I look forward to it, regardless).

Countryside, however, sounds VERY exciting, I am hoping that it is a really good record. Can't wait on that one!!

Sorry, 'Lil D, I'm not trying to rain on your parade, you know how much I love and respect your input and opinions, but most of this is hardly "fast..." All of it is welcome, and I have to admit, I own all of the stuff you mentioned that is already released (believe it or not, I still own "The Latest," despite my lukewarm opinion of it). I even have the boot of Albini's IC, I actually look forward to hearing the finished CD.

I hope CT does barrage us with good, new stuff, I always get excited about the new stuff, even if I end up not being crazy about it. I think it is funny, Epic releasing the double CD of NPP and OOO (are those the two?) might be an indicator of bigger/more/good things that are coming down the pike from the band. I think CT's tours with Squeeze and Blondie will be very popular and well attended (I'll be there) so I can see their profile being up there and hopefully they will reward us with some great new stuff. Even though the band is very clear they make albums for their own pleasure, I believe we, as loyal fans, deserve good, new material from them.

Again, didn't mean to rain on your parade, you know I love 'ya!!
04-08-2010, 11:31 PM,

RockNRollMuse Wrote:I can't believe how fast CT is cranking out releases, The Latest, Pepper's, Tinted Windows, Albini's IC, Countryside and half the new CT album is done. This is incredible.
Half of the new album is done? Where is the source to back this up?
"No need to be alone..."
04-09-2010, 03:54 AM,

silverbeatle91 Wrote:
Rick mentioned it somewhere t'other day so it must be true. :devil:
04-09-2010, 10:54 AM,

Darran Wrote:
silverbeatle91 Wrote:
Rick mentioned it somewhere t'other day so it must be true. :devil:
Well, I hope they get it done and put it out sooner rather than later.
"No need to be alone..."
04-09-2010, 11:07 AM,

ch67 Wrote:Countryside, however, sounds VERY exciting, I am hoping that it is a really good record. Can't wait on that one!!
Pre-ordered it yesterday baby!!

Now to just wait it out until the end of May...
Debbie Lowe
"Thought no one could hear me, I was goin' insane...!"
"Dance, dance, dance across the floor, a lust for life I've never seen before"
04-11-2010, 07:16 PM,

CT is incredible, they never stop, and are better than ever! Good luck RZ with the new release, can't wait to hear it.
04-15-2010, 01:37 AM,

Debbie Lowe Wrote:
ch67 Wrote:Countryside, however, sounds VERY exciting, I am hoping that it is a really good record. Can't wait on that one!!
Pre-ordered it yesterday baby!!

Now to just wait it out until the end of May...
Yep, I hear ya...ordered about 3 weeks ago...Can't wait till it drops...Unfortunately, I'm gonna have to lol
If You Do Not Heart This Band, You Really Should!!!

BEST Band Ever!!!!!
04-15-2010, 06:30 PM,

Last I looked the Big3 site has no mention of it.
And with all the loves and hates and passions just like mine...
04-15-2010, 10:24 PM,

ch67 Wrote:
Well, not really. Tinted Windows is from April 21, 2009 and isn't a "Cheap Trick" release in a true sense (the only connection is Bun E. played on it, but Cheap Trick didn't put it out there).

The Latest is from June of 2009 (getting close to a year) and Sgt. Pepper is from August of 2009, still getting close to that year mark. Not trying to thwart your positive momentum, but these things didn't happen recently.

Is there a release date on Albini's version of IC? I haven't seen it, that is a project that has taken around 10 years to see a release date (if it has one, again, I am speaking about that without knowing) and a new CT album? Not even aware of one (but as a fan I look forward to it, regardless).

Countryside, however, sounds VERY exciting, I am hoping that it is a really good record. Can't wait on that one!!

Sorry, 'Lil D, I'm not trying to rain on your parade, you know how much I love and respect your input and opinions, but most of this is hardly "fast..." All of it is welcome, and I have to admit, I own all of the stuff you mentioned that is already released (believe it or not, I still own "The Latest," despite my lukewarm opinion of it). I even have the boot of Albini's IC, I actually look forward to hearing the finished CD.

I hope CT does barrage us with good, new stuff, I always get excited about the new stuff, even if I end up not being crazy about it. I think it is funny, Epic releasing the double CD of NPP and OOO (are those the two?) might be an indicator of bigger/more/good things that are coming down the pike from the band. I think CT's tours with Squeeze and Blondie will be very popular and well attended (I'll be there) so I can see their profile being up there and hopefully they will reward us with some great new stuff. Even though the band is very clear they make albums for their own pleasure, I believe we, as loyal fans, deserve good, new material from them.

Again, didn't mean to rain on your parade, you know I love 'ya!!
Compared to the output between 94 and 2003 I consider Muses comment absolutely correct. I for one won’t be rushing out to get any country music ( sorry ).