Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Summerfest - Milwaukee
02-11-2008, 08:23 PM,

I drove up there, without sleep, after working a 12 hour shift the night before. I knew after a few mugs of suds I'd be on the brink of driving in my sleep, so I left when I knew I had just enough time before I was gonna pass out. I was confident the four-wheeled car wouldn't flip over if I didn't quite make it the whole distance, unlike a certain motorcycle did one year.
02-11-2008, 09:27 PM,

You were still brave to hit the road. That's why we prefer to stay overnite. Then we don't have to worry about driving at all, let alone one and a half hours....makes for a better time all the way around !
Hello, it's me again .....
02-12-2008, 07:59 AM,

cheapdate Wrote:
pam2662 Wrote:Waiting on the edge of my seat here, I am also curious how the line up will fair because of the big Harley Gig over Labor day weekend.
Pam, visit Summerfest.com. On the bottom left of main page, they have a spot you can click for the Harley Anniversary info (it rotates to different events, wait until it shows the Harley log. They have a listing for the acts (including ZZ Top and Foghat ~ I'm there, dude!) and a finale concert that will be at Miller Park. This sounds like a GREAT time !!! Gary and I have just been saying we'd like to see ZZ Top....and I also like a few others that'll be there too. Tix on sale NOW....$60 for the 2 days, plus some commemorative trinkets. ROAD TRIP !!!

Keith, you might be interested in the "merchandise" page for the Anniv., lotsa Harley shirts.
Wow Thanks Jeanne I'm going to check that out, :oh:
I would love to hit the Aerosmith show at Miller park, think I could pass as an owner?
03-13-2008, 03:48 PM,

Not starting any rumors, but I just got a message from a very reliable Myspace friend....

JUST RELEASE , BAD BOY AND CHEAP TRICK AT SUMMERFEST...SATURDAY, JULY 5TH. HOPE TO SEE YOU THEN!!!!
03-13-2008, 06:12 PM,

Alliwannadoisct Wrote:Not starting any rumors, but I just got a message from a very reliable Myspace friend....

JUST RELEASE , BAD BOY AND CHEAP TRICK AT SUMMERFEST...SATURDAY, JULY 5TH. HOPE TO SEE YOU THEN!!!!
OMG OMG OMG OMG !!

I <span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>hope</span> you're right !! :grinning:
Hello, it's me again .....
03-14-2008, 06:23 AM,

Damn! There's a good chance I'm out of town that day..which is why I hadn't purchased Tom Petty tickets for the Amphitheater. And if I'm in town....man, I love the Trick, but there are usually fewer opportunities to see Petty.

Ah well, i still hope you're right so there can be a party goin' on at the Fest! Smile
Or if you want to vote for Mr. Potato Head as a write in, well...he's an extremist. He's extremely non-human.
03-14-2008, 09:44 AM,

P_Stranger Wrote:Damn! There's a good chance I'm out of town that day..which is why I hadn't purchased Tom Petty tickets for the Amphitheater. And if I'm in town....man, I love the Trick, but there are usually fewer opportunities to see Petty.
He's very very close to finishing with touring, I hear.
If seeing Petty is on anyone's "Before I Die" list, better get movin' !