Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alice Cooper - new album
03-21-2007, 11:16 PM,

Darn....looks like it's official then. Alice is looking for a new guitarist. Sad He'll do an awesome job picking one, I'm SURE. But I'm gonna miss Damon up on stage!
Or if you want to vote for Mr. Potato Head as a write in, well...he's an extremist. He's extremely non-human.
03-22-2007, 11:19 AM,

(sobs) Sad

I wish him all the luck in the world with WF...
"We think we understand a song's lyrics, but what makes us believe in them, or not, is the music." The Angel's Game, Carlos Ruiz Zafon
"Music has always been my passport to a better place." - Tom Petty
03-22-2007, 08:55 PM,

P_Stranger Wrote:Darn....looks like it's official then. Alice is looking for a new guitarist. Sad He'll do an awesome job picking one, I'm SURE. But I'm gonna miss Damon up on stage!
Jennifer, where did you get the info that it is official?? I am so sadSad It won't be the same without Damon! I am going to miss him with Alice so much!!
You're such a losing cause, why don't you go get lost
03-22-2007, 10:10 PM,

Well, it's not totally and completely 100%, as it hasn't been announced through the "official channels," but someone on one Alice forum said he got it from Damon himself in an email. And someone who ALWAYS waits for things to be confirmed before posting put up a post on another Alice forum.

Like I say...it hasn't come from AC.com or DJ's myspace, etc.....but the posts seems to be from fairly reliable sources, as far as I can tell.
Or if you want to vote for Mr. Potato Head as a write in, well...he's an extremist. He's extremely non-human.
03-22-2007, 10:55 PM,

Well thanks for the info even though I am not happy with it at allSad I was looking all over the place trying to find the official announcement and was going crazy. Hopefully we will get to see him with Whiskey Falls or STTS sometime soon! I really need a Damon fix!! :Wink:
You're such a losing cause, why don't you go get lost
03-24-2007, 10:38 PM,

Well, he said Whiskey Falls will be all over so to keep an ear out. God help me, but I'm considering going to a COUNTRY show if it comes around. LOL. Was listening to some of their stuff on myspace and the WF website today, and actually rather liked it.

So yeah...no official announcement is out yet, but yeah...it's official. Now I'm REALLY jealous of you and all those pics you have with him all the different times you met him! ;-)

And hey...on the plus side, I do believe he'll be on the recording of "Along Came a Spider" so that's something to look forward to!
03-24-2007, 10:41 PM,

BUT...back to the topic of this thread....Alice Cooper.

You can see him on the catwalk in various pictures spread throughout this grouping:
http://tinyurl.com/yqm5mo

AND, he recently judged "Inmate Idle," a local "American Idol" take off that a Phoenix-area jail put on, and Alice was one of the celebrity judges.
Big Grin
Article and video clip on the same page:
http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0...e0324.html

If you watch in the audience, Sheryl came along to watch him judge. :-) He's introduced as "one of the biggest recording artists in rock and roll history...Alice Cooper!"
03-25-2007, 01:16 PM,

P_Stranger Wrote:God help me, but I'm considering going to a COUNTRY show if it comes around.
<span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%'>(timidly raises hand) Me too... I just keep reminding myself that it's Damon that I'd be going to see... :laugh:</span>
"We think we understand a song's lyrics, but what makes us believe in them, or not, is the music." The Angel's Game, Carlos Ruiz Zafon
03-25-2007, 01:28 PM,

I'm

sure

as

hell

gonna

miss

this...

Sad
04-01-2007, 04:06 PM,

WOW! The "Inmate Idle" bit is popping up ALL over. A couple of people at work said they saw it on the news last week, it was on CNN and MSNBC and some local news stations even commented on it. And today I was watching a big of one of those "Access Hollywood" type shows, and it was on there!

Good for him, getting a bunch of mentions in press ALL over the place! Big Grin
04-06-2007, 05:54 PM,

Just read that the album's being pushed back to later in the year cos of scheduling differences with the producer. B!tch... I guess that means that Damon won't be on any of the tracks. Sad
04-06-2007, 06:48 PM,

Is it just me, or did I hear on NWAC a couple minutes ago that he's adding the hanging back into the show? And is doing something to make it even scarier? :ghostface:
04-07-2007, 09:56 AM,

You never know...have confidence that Damon might still make it on the album! I'm hoping so! And yeah, it has been pushed back. Sad BUT, "Alice Cooper, Golf Monster" the book comes out on May 1st! Hooray! Sounds like it's quite the entertaining read, and a decent autobiography, by the new description up on Amazon.com!

Oooh, he mentioned the hanging, you think? I don't know! I didn't hear last night's show!
04-07-2007, 10:36 AM,

I'm certainly hoping DJ'll be on it! (and crossing everything that can be crossed :laugh: )

Thanks for reminding me about Golf Monster... now I just have to get over to Borders or Amazon or whatever and order it!

Coop did mention the hanging last night (he was talking about the time that he almost killed himself doing it). I think I just sat with my mouth hanging open for a minute when he said that he was thinking about bringing it back into the show (and making it scarier!).
04-07-2007, 11:19 AM,

That would be SO cool! Now I REALLY can't wait for August! (And whatever other dates may or may not pop up!)