Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scott Weiland Reunites... - Stone Temple Pilots This Summer!
03-04-2008, 01:19 PM,

trickrox Wrote:
Jervis Tetch Wrote:High rumor at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway is STP will be the featured band on Carb Day. That's cool for me as I'm a fan and since I will have media passes for the month, I get to see it for free. That's always nice on your pocketbook.

Actually I've heard that's pretty much a done deal. Will let you know the details later.
I saw the article in the Indy Star this morning about STP playing Carb day...I'm so there, Ken!

I remember a few years back when CT played there (on Pole Day), but it was so rainy and cold; no cars were on the track that day, and CT was bundled up in winter gear (but played on). Sure wish they'd consider coming back too.
I'll be there with you. Yes, I remember the CT show on Pole Day (2006). That was fun (even though it was cold), but this show should be a lot warmer. I just hope it's not wetter.
Cheap Trick fan since 1977

"We got off the plane and thought, 'Man, there's somebody real famous here.' And then we found out it was us." - Rick Nielsen
03-06-2008, 11:55 AM,

Weiland pleads innocent.

My Webpage
03-06-2008, 04:58 PM,

There is a STP box set coming out this summer. ( shhhhhhhhhhh. our little secret )

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Hello There Ladies and Gentlemen, Are you READY TO ROCK
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
03-10-2008, 11:19 AM,

As a non-STP fan, I guess at least one of us should chime in and say they suck. :p
03-11-2008, 05:51 PM,

Well it's official. This is from an e-mail I got from the IMS:

For Immediate Release

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS TO HEADLINE MILLER LITE CARB DAY CONCERT MAY 23

INDIANAPOLIS, Tuesday, March 11, 2008 – Rock superstars Stone Temple Pilots will be the headline act for the popular Miller Lite Carb Day Concert on Friday, May 23 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway, IMS officials announced March 11.

The concert is free to all ticket holders for the final day of on-track activity before the 92nd running of the Indianapolis 500-Mile Race on Sunday, May 25. Tickets are just $10 each, with children 5 and under admitted free.

“Miller Lite Carb Day is one of the highlights of the month of May, filled with great racing and non-stop entertainment, and Stone Temple Pilots will bring the excitement to another level,” said Joie Chitwood, Indianapolis Motor Speedway president and chief operating officer. “We are thrilled to have such a legendary band play the Miller Lite Carb Day concert.”

Stone Temple Pilots consists of Scott Weiland, vocals; Dean DeLeo, guitars; Robert DeLeo, bass; and Eric Kretz, drums.

The band’s catalog includes five critically acclaimed studio albums, which have sold more than 30 million copies worldwide, and the greatest hits compilation, “Thank You,” released in November 2003. Fifteen STP singles also have reached the Top 10 on the Billboard charts, including six No. 1 hits. The band won a Grammy Award in 1994 for Best Hard Rock Performance for its song “Plush.”

General admission tickets for the full day’s activities are $10 and can be purchased in advance online at http://www.indianapolismotorspeedway.com, via phone at (317) 492-6700 or (800) 822-INDY outside the Indianapolis area or at the Ticket Office at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Tickets also can be purchased at the gate.

2008 Indianapolis 500 tickets: Tickets are on sale for the 92nd Indianapolis 500, scheduled for Sunday, May 25.

Tickets can be purchased at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway’s Web site, http://www.indianapolismotorspeedway.com, by phone or at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Ticket Office. The IMS Ticket Office can be contacted at (800) 822-INDY outside the Indianapolis area or (317) 492-6700 locally. Ticket Office hours are 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday through Friday.

Parking and camping permits for “The Greatest Spectacle in Racing” also can be purchased online, by phone or at the Ticket Office.

…IMS2008-020…
Cheap Trick fan since 1977

"We got off the plane and thought, 'Man, there's somebody real famous here.' And then we found out it was us." - Rick Nielsen
03-12-2008, 09:32 AM,

Jervis Tetch Wrote:Well it's official. This is from an e-mail I got from the IMS:

For Immediate Release

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS TO HEADLINE MILLER LITE CARB DAY CONCERT MAY 23

INDIANAPOLIS, Tuesday, March 11, 2008 – Rock superstars Stone Temple Pilots will be the headline act for the popular Miller Lite Carb Day Concert on Friday, May 23 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway, IMS officials announced March 11.

The concert is free to all ticket holders for the final day of on-track activity before the 92nd running of the Indianapolis 500-Mile Race on Sunday, May 25. Tickets are just $10 each, with children 5 and under admitted free.

“Miller Lite Carb Day is one of the highlights of the month of May, filled with great racing and non-stop entertainment, and Stone Temple Pilots will bring the excitement to another level,” said Joie Chitwood, Indianapolis Motor Speedway president and chief operating officer. “We are thrilled to have such a legendary band play the Miller Lite Carb Day concert.”

Stone Temple Pilots consists of Scott Weiland, vocals; Dean DeLeo, guitars; Robert DeLeo, bass; and Eric Kretz, drums.

The band’s catalog includes five critically acclaimed studio albums, which have sold more than 30 million copies worldwide, and the greatest hits compilation, “Thank You,” released in November 2003. Fifteen STP singles also have reached the Top 10 on the Billboard charts, including six No. 1 hits. The band won a Grammy Award in 1994 for Best Hard Rock Performance for its song “Plush.”

General admission tickets for the full day’s activities are $10 and can be purchased in advance online at http://www.indianapolismotorspeedway.com, via phone at (317) 492-6700 or (800) 822-INDY outside the Indianapolis area or at the Ticket Office at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Tickets also can be purchased at the gate.

2008 Indianapolis 500 tickets: Tickets are on sale for the 92nd Indianapolis 500, scheduled for Sunday, May 25.

Tickets can be purchased at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway’s Web site, http://www.indianapolismotorspeedway.com, by phone or at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Ticket Office. The IMS Ticket Office can be contacted at (800) 822-INDY outside the Indianapolis area or (317) 492-6700 locally. Ticket Office hours are 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday through Friday.

Parking and camping permits for “The Greatest Spectacle in Racing” also can be purchased online, by phone or at the Ticket Office.

…IMS2008-020…
Oh yeah...can't wait! Big Grin
[Image: ahdn_paul_10.gif]"And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make" [Image: ahdn_paul_07.gif]
03-12-2008, 02:54 PM,

Knowing Scott, I hope the tickets are refundable. Big Grin
03-17-2008, 01:51 PM,

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS have scheduled the following dates:

May 17 - Columbus, OH - Crew Stadium (Rock on the Range)
May 18 - Camden, NJ - Susquehanna Bank Center (WMMR Event)
May 23 - Indianapolis, IN - Indianapolis Motor Speedway
May 31 - Holmdel, NJ - PNC Garden State Amphitheatre (WXRK Event)
Jun. 01 - Mansfield, MA - Tweeter Center (WBCN Event)
Jul. 12 - Toronto, ON - Downsview Park (Edgefest)

More shows will be announced soon.