Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bon Jovi Tour!!
11-06-2007, 05:34 PM,
RE: Bon Jovi Tour!!
They're coming to Milwaukee. Yipeeeeee!!! Big Grin Big Grin
Or if you want to vote for Mr. Potato Head as a write in, well...he's an extremist. He's extremely non-human.
11-06-2007, 08:08 PM,

They have been putting on great shows! Richie even sang a song from his solo album the other night. I have one more show in Jersey on Saturday! Probably next time I see them will be at Giants Stadium next summer. Big Grin
You're taking me back
I remember it well
11-07-2007, 09:28 AM,

I would say that this band is probably one of the worst rock bands of the last 30 or so years.
It is beyond me that a band this cheesy is even taken seriously.
I guess being mediocre is the way to a long and successful career...
11-07-2007, 01:12 PM,

kevintonight Wrote:I would say that this band is probably one of the worst rock bands of the last 30 or so years.
some people say the same about Cheap Trick
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Hello There Ladies and Gentlemen, Are you READY TO ROCK
11-07-2007, 01:16 PM,

Bon Jovi is a big deal in New Jersey. Ten shows at the brand new arena. 150,000+ tickets sold.
You're taking me back
I remember it well
11-07-2007, 04:38 PM,

johnnymegabyte Wrote:
kevintonight Wrote:I would say that this band is probably one of the worst rock bands of the last 30 or so years.
Well they are misinformed. Cheap Trick started out as a punkish/modern rock band. They always had a sense of cool about them. They were dragged kicking and creaming into the whole lame a$$ power ballad thing, hence their last three studio albums at least proves that much.
Bon Jovi started out as a cheesy metal band that openingly embraced the whole power balled thing and that cheesy delivery of their singer, holy holly insipid is the word that comes to mind.
I can assure you that Pearl Jam, Nirvana, The Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Foo Fighters, Jet do not list bon jovi as an influence.
Same can be said for Wilco, Redd Kross, Matthew Sweet, Bono, Hoodoo Gurus, INXS, The Replacements, Husker Du, Joe Perry.
And I just can't imagine John Lennon wanting to work with bon jovi, call me crazy on that one
11-07-2007, 08:07 PM,

Not every other band has to list someone as their influence to make them a good band. And hey...to each their own. We like Bon Jovi, you don't. Everyone here likes Cheap Trick, and I've met many people that don't. The world would be a boring place if we all had the exact same tastes!
Or if you want to vote for Mr. Potato Head as a write in, well...he's an extremist. He's extremely non-human.
11-07-2007, 11:21 PM,

P_Stranger Wrote:Not every other band has to list someone as their influence to make them a good band. And hey...to each their own. We like Bon Jovi, you don't. Everyone here likes Cheap Trick, and I've met many people that don't. The world would be a boring place if we all had the exact same tastes!
no offense, but the world would be a much better place with no Bon Jovi (not the person, but the band) they are taking up space for bands that are well, good, like The Shazam, or The Fratellis.
I am just using those bands as sort of a measuring stick as to what Cheap Trick's pedigree is.
Like I said John Lennon, now call me a totally screwy crazy guy here, would not ask Bon Jovi to work with him.

I know John is not here to verify this, but I kind of like to think I am right on this.
Sorry, but I have a strong dislike for this band. I call them guido rock
11-07-2007, 11:27 PM,

No, that's cool. You're 100% entitled to having a strong dislike for the band. I just rather figured a thread where people DO like them wasn't the place to continue to voice it. Once is fine, but after that, you don't really have to visit the thread anymore.

As for me? I intend to be at my computer when tickets go on sale, to see what I can manage. Cool
11-08-2007, 07:24 AM,

kevintonight Wrote:
johnnymegabyte Wrote:
........ They were dragged kicking and creaming......
Damn, and I missed that ?!!

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Seriously, tho, this is a thread to "plug" a band that you like ~ there are too many postings lately bashing other's opinions. That just doesn't belong in this topic.</span>
Hello, it's me again .....
11-08-2007, 08:38 AM,

P_Stranger Wrote:No, that's cool. You're 100% entitled to having a strong dislike for the band. I just rather figured a thread where people DO like them wasn't the place to continue to voice it. Once is fine, but after that, you don't really have to visit the thread anymore.

As for me? I intend to be at my computer when tickets go on sale, to see what I can manage. Cool
Yes, I agree...this is a thread for those who like Bon Jovi. I've seen them many, many times over the past 20 years and they always give 110%. The shows are over two hours long and they constantly switch songs around here and there to make it interesting. And it is incredibly cool when 18,000 people are all singing Living on a Prayer. Ticket prices are a bit too high for the really good seats though and that is my only complaint.

Good luck with the tix PStranger! You are really going to enjoy the show. Big Grin
You're taking me back
I remember it well
11-08-2007, 09:27 AM,

I'm not going to say anything about BJ on this post (most here know how I feel about them), but I totally agree with you. Smile
Cheap Trick fan since 1977

"We got off the plane and thought, 'Man, there's somebody real famous here.' And then we found out it was us." - Rick Nielsen
11-08-2007, 04:53 PM,

I live in Orange County, CA and tickets for Bon Jovi begin at $132.00 ***yikes***

I've seen this band religiously for the last twenty years, and have had the pleasure of meeting the band twice. Jon has always remained more the businessman then most rock stars, which is good for his bank account and those he employs, however, I just can't support the huge hike in ticket prices in these huge arenas. Yes, yes putting on a rock show is more expensive then ever IF the band chooses it that way.

Or, IF the fan chooses to support it I pass. More padding for all those Cheap Trick shows!
11-09-2007, 07:38 AM,

I, too, am going to try for tickets. Though, I have to wait until 10AM CST 'cuz I don't have an American Express card! :angry: Those lucky folks get to join the ticket stampede at 9AM CST.

I haven't seen them since the 80's....

P Stranger, if you need the pre-sale password, let me know.
There is somewhere, someplace in the world
I want to take you, look out.....

http://countrygirl3ct.tripod.com/ (Tricknic website)
11-09-2007, 08:21 AM,

Country Girl 3 Wrote:I, too, am going to try for tickets. Though, I have to wait until 10AM CST 'cuz I don't have an American Express card! :angry: Those lucky folks get to join the ticket stampede at 9AM CST.

I haven't seen them since the 80's....

P Stranger, if you need the pre-sale password, let me know.
Kimberly, Bon Yummy was just at Marcus during Summerfest this year. You shoulda caught that show. ( I didn't, but I know someone who did)
Hello, it's me again .....