Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My NYE story from Agoura !
01-01-2008, 10:58 PM,
RE: My NYE story from Agoura !
As all of you who were there know, it was an awesome show, as usual ! But, the highlight for me, was after the show...my son, Chris, is in the Navy stationed in Hawaii, and is a huge CT fan. He called me before the show, and said, "Dad, if you meet Robin, you GOTTA call me and put him on the phone, so I can say HI " ! I'm thinkin'..."yeah, right !", but, decided to give it a go. Low and behold, while waiting out back by the limo's, here comes Robin. I grab my cell and call my son, and tell him to hang on, Robin's walkin' out. As Robin walks my way, I say, " Robin, would you please say HI to my son, he's in the Military stationed in Hawaii, and he's a huge fan !" Robin didn't hesitate, he just grabbed my cell and talked to my son for about 15 seconds. Told my son to keep up the good work, and thanks for thinkin' about him ! Chris called me today and was still on cloud 9 'cause he got to talk to Robin on the phone ! I asked Chris what he said to Robin, and he laughed and said " I told him, Robin, you and the boys are the #### ! You ROCK ! Thanks for taking the time to talk to me ! Robin told him, " Hey man, YOU rock ! Thanks for thinkin' about us , take care, buddy. " There was other chit chat, but I don't know what it was. Anyway, that's my story. Robin, you're a pure gentleman for taking the time. Thanks again !
01-01-2008, 11:01 PM,

I was out there when that happened and it was so freaking cool. Congrats to you for doing that for your son.
01-01-2008, 11:38 PM,

I was also out there when it happened. God Bless your son and Robin has much class for taking the time to do that. He is a very unselfish man with a great heart for children. Robin you rock and thank you for being good to Christopher and Candice throughout the years.
Takin Me back, Along long long time ago
01-02-2008, 12:18 AM,

Robin is AWESOME. I skipped my brother's wedding to go to Trickfest 2 and I made it up to him by putting Robin on the phone with my brother during the wedding reception. That was SO cool of Robin to do, and my brother STILL talks about it, 10 years later. Robin's a class act, for sure.
WWCTD - What Would Cheap Trick Do?
01-02-2008, 08:45 AM,

That is so great, gives me the shivers... Another fine "Robin Moment" .....
01-02-2008, 11:04 AM,

No wonder we all love him! Smile
All I want is a place in your heart to fall into