Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DeKalb, IL - Awesome show!!
03-29-2008, 11:03 PM,
RE: DeKalb, IL - Awesome show!!
I gotta be outta here in 5 minutes....but here's a quick recap...

** 100% better than last night's show.

** Joan Jett sang Surrender with Rick....and Rick let her throw out the album flat....which Jervis Tetch's wife caught, 1 row behind us! So close, yet so far....

** The Senator from Illinois presented our boys with the proclamation for Cheap Trick Day...very cool!

Pictures to follow sometime tomorrow.....
There is somewhere, someplace in the world
I want to take you, look out.....

http://countrygirl3ct.tripod.com/ (Tricknic website)
03-30-2008, 12:18 AM,

Same set list as last evening with the exception of California Man(blistering version!) in place of Come On x 3... total stage time tonight about 82 minutes.

My opinion: a more spirited performance group-wise in DeKalb, but better overall sound in Champaign..

The on stage Cheap Trick Day proclamation was a nice treat. Fun weekend indeed.

Bring on a new album!
03-30-2008, 12:48 AM,

dangie Wrote:My opinion: a more spirited performance group-wise in DeKalb, but better overall sound in Champaign..
Even with that awful "hissing" noise that was coming from Rick's amp!?!

Glad I could catch the shows this weekend, cause it may be awhile before I see another one! Although the tour is coming to the Chicago area, don't know if I'm going to go to it!

Hopefully Summerfest will become a "reality"!

Joan did look like she was having a blast up there singing back up vocals...even though Rick had to coax her to come out!

Great seeing everyone this weekend!
"You're Takin' Me Back"
03-30-2008, 08:52 AM,

Ken ! Mrs. "Tetch" caught the album flat? How fun !

Hmmmm...those weren't the seats you originally proclaimed to have.... ???
Hello, it's me again .....
03-30-2008, 09:45 AM,

Smile Satisfied customers here. The show was a blast, we moved around from seat to seat searching for folks who were standing, seriously Why or How can anyone sit thru a CT show ??? CA man absolutely ROCKED! Joan watched the show from Ricks side Rick even passed the Rockford guitar off to Joan after High Roller and thru a handful of picks at her during Dream Police, Smile , they were quickly grabbed up by Mr Gisborne.
03-30-2008, 09:51 AM,

Dawn9 Wrote:
Quote:Even with that awful "hissing" noise that was coming from Rick's amp!?!
I'll grant you that the amp hum was a bit of an annoyance for a while there on Friday night. It just seemed like the overall volume level went up about 40% last night, causing the overall sound mix to be (to my ears anyway) a bit muddy. The band as a whole (especially Robin) seemed much happier to be there in regards to DeKalb. (maybe some jet lag issues were in play on Friday) Regardless, both nights were "A" performances in my book, these guys are just amazing.
03-30-2008, 10:27 AM,

Sounds like some nice shows. Thanks for the reviews. Makes me even more excited for my chance to see them sometime this summer! California Man would be a good selection to keep in the mix...it always rocks!
Glad they were in the area for a little CT day recognition (close enough, right?!)
03-30-2008, 12:01 PM,

Sounds like DeKalb was a great show! I saw Art Alexakis from Everclear sing backup vocals with Cheap Trick during "Surrender" one time, but I would much rather have seen Joan Jett in that role!
03-30-2008, 12:33 PM,

Both shows were great even with the glitches of Champaign and am I ever glad I couldn't sell my seats. Here's a rollcall of all I saw and if I miss someone, please let me know and I'll make sure it never happens again!

Lisa (AllIwannado), thanks for the ride to Assembly Hall and the nice talks. Great to see you again, same to you Dawn and nice meeting you Mary. Penquingirl! Very nice to finally talk to you for more than just a moment and you've got a nice guy! Kent, always nice to see you and the beard looks cool. Bettyski, thanks for coming up and chatting and I hope my son didn't bug you!

Kimberly, nice to FINALLY get to meet you! Thanks to and mega Karmas to you for setting up the gatherings. It was cool to see "CT party" on the outside sign at Fatty's. Even better was when the boys acknowledged it during the show. To Anne and Laura, great meeting you both and I hope you two had a great time.

And like all of us, we met some new fans. Like David--love your sweater and the couple (I'm so sorry I can't remember your names) from Barrington that I met at the Champaign show. And a hello and great to see you again-even though it was brief, to Mr. & Mrs. Blackhawkfans.

Sorry if I forgot anyone, but thanks and can't wait to see you all at another show!
Cheap Trick fan since 1977

"We got off the plane and thought, 'Man, there's somebody real famous here.' And then we found out it was us." - Rick Nielsen
03-30-2008, 12:44 PM,

I found a pick of Rick's in the lobby. It's green (not marbled) and is exactly like the special one pick, but doesn't say special one. Can someone tell me what year it's from ? Is it a pick like he used at the show last night ?
03-30-2008, 12:49 PM,

THEDREAMPOLICE Wrote:I found a pick of Rick's in the lobby. It's green (not marbled) and is exactly like the special one pick, but doesn't say special one. Can someone tell me what year it's from ? Is it a pick like he used at the show last night ?
If its not here could we have a photo of it please? Smile
03-30-2008, 12:52 PM,

THEDREAMPOLICE Wrote:I found a pick of Rick's in the lobby. It's green (not marbled) and is exactly like the special one pick, but doesn't say special one. Can someone tell me what year it's from ? Is it a pick like he used at the show last night ?
The experts are Darren and Ken (CT Pick) but the green and blue ones are indeed new (at least I think they are). They are not marbled, but nor are they solid or opaque. They are transparent and they have silver lettering.

From what I saw, the orange, yellow, red, gray and silver are marbled.

Yet more variety from the master of the plectrum.

And this is going to be a major headache for Ken and his Web site! Big Grin

Big Grin

"We got off the plane and thought, 'Man, there's somebody real famous here.' And then we found out it was us." - Rick Nielsen
03-30-2008, 01:11 PM,

Jervis Tetch Wrote:
The experts are Darren and Ken (CT Pick) but the green and blue ones are indeed new (at least I think they are). They are not marbled, but nor are they solid or opaque. They are transparent and they have silver lettering.

From what I saw, the orange, yellow, red, gray and silver are marbled.

Yet more variety from the master of the plectrum.

And this is going to be a major headache for Ken and his Web site! Big Grin

Big Grin
Ken,

Yep, quite a headache. If I run across the new picks, I will gladly add them to the site. But I am no longer going to keep stressing myself out over it. I've come to accept my project is not one the band is interested in, and without involvement from the band, or those around them, it simply cannot be as complete as I had hoped it would become. So there is no point in stressing over that which I cannot control.

PS: Congrats to the Mrs. on the album flat!

Ken
Always looking for CT guitar picks and drumsticks I don't already have.
Trick's Picks
03-30-2008, 01:28 PM,

Ken,

She thanks you for the congrats. Unfortunately we only got one blue transparent and none of the green. The rest of the blue and green are marbled and she said that had there been more than one, she would have me send you and Darran one.

And since this is hers, not mine it's a good way for her to start her collection off right.

You know the funny thing of it is, before Surrender was played I asked her should we get lucky to get this thing tossed our way if she could catch. Of course she told me no and then voila, she catches it. She should play for the Reds or the Dodgers.

03-30-2008, 01:34 PM,

Jervis Tetch Wrote:...Kimberly, nice to FINALLY get to meet you! Thanks to and mega Karmas to you for setting up the gatherings. It was cool to see "CT party" on the outside sign at Fatty's. Even better was when the boys acknowledged it during the show.
Sorry if I forgot anyone, but thanks and can't wait to see you all at another show!
That Kimberly ~ always takes the opportunity to shimmy up a pole for a CT sign. :laugh:
Nice touch, though !!

Were you all happy with the food at Fatties?
Hello, it's me again .....