Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CT at Hard Rock Cafe Chicago - Cheap Trick to play Grand re opening
05-06-2008, 10:58 AM,

1955Meg Wrote:I WON!!! WAA-HOOOOO!
Now, how to get from Maryland to Chicago and back as fast as possible.
ANY chances of getting a ticket for my husband? Traveling/etc. alone is more than a bit of a trick!
What airport do I fly into?
How far of a taxi ride is it to get to Hard Rock from the airport?
Do they have a stage? A mini stage or just a corner for the band to play in?
Any idea how long they will play?
Anyone know any of this stuff???
This is going to be awesome!!
The dancing fool is coming to town!! :p

Ohare is what...about an hour by taxi?

I will be flying in from Branson, MO...A female that answered the phone @ the HR said they would play about an hour...forgot to ask about the cameras.
05-06-2008, 10:58 AM,

ANY chances of getting a ticket for my husband? Traveling/etc. alone is more than a bit of a trick!

I will be flying in from Branson, MO...A female that answered the phone @ the HR said they would play about an hour...forgot to ask about the cameras.
05-06-2008, 11:15 AM,

Trixter99 Wrote:

Dunno what the traffics like but its 14.3 miles. Smile
05-06-2008, 11:15 AM,

Trixter99 Wrote:

Dunno what the traffics like but its 14.3 miles. Smile
05-06-2008, 11:30 AM,

Are you flying into O'Hare or Midway? You could fly Southwest into Midway and take the train into downtown.
Or one of us making the trek in from Downstate may be able to stop by and pick you up, depending on what time you get in.
05-06-2008, 11:30 AM,

Are you flying into O'Hare or Midway? You could fly Southwest into Midway and take the train into downtown.
Or one of us making the trek in from Downstate may be able to stop by and pick you up, depending on what time you get in.
05-06-2008, 11:31 AM,

I got an e-mail and was told I was put on a waiting list, but there's no way I can make it this short of time from Dallas - so hopefully someone will get my spot on the list and actually get to go.
05-06-2008, 11:31 AM,

I got an e-mail and was told I was put on a waiting list, but there's no way I can make it this short of time from Dallas - so hopefully someone will get my spot on the list and actually get to go.
05-06-2008, 01:55 PM,

I got an e-mail too!!!! Anyone going down to Chi-town from the Milwaukee area? PM me if you are from Milwaukee and going down to this event!

Thanks CT International for this wonderful opportunity!Cool
05-06-2008, 01:55 PM,

I got an e-mail too!!!! Anyone going down to Chi-town from the Milwaukee area? PM me if you are from Milwaukee and going down to this event!

Thanks CT International for this wonderful opportunity!Cool
05-06-2008, 02:19 PM,

Tricked In 76 II Wrote:
Debbie Lowe Wrote:I'll be at a baseball game tomorrow night watching my 10 yr. old's team crush one from a neighboring village.
"Village". My mind is transported a scene that could have been cut from the original "Braveheart" film of 10-year-olds training in combat with wooden, bat-shaped clubs.
....with their faces painted like Mel Gibson with the team colors - blue and white! Big Grin

On a sadder note though, I'm getting depressed seeing how many of you are going to the HRC when I can't. Sad What if tomorrow night is the night they decide to throw "Way of the World" into the setlist and I miss it? (BWAH!! I just cracked myself up with that!! :laugh: )
Debbie Lowe
"Thought no one could hear me, I was goin' insane...!"
"Dance, dance, dance across the floor, a lust for life I've never seen before"
05-06-2008, 02:19 PM,

Tricked In 76 II Wrote:
Debbie Lowe Wrote:I'll be at a baseball game tomorrow night watching my 10 yr. old's team crush one from a neighboring village.
"Village". My mind is transported a scene that could have been cut from the original "Braveheart" film of 10-year-olds training in combat with wooden, bat-shaped clubs.
....with their faces painted like Mel Gibson with the team colors - blue and white! Big Grin

On a sadder note though, I'm getting depressed seeing how many of you are going to the HRC when I can't. Sad What if tomorrow night is the night they decide to throw "Way of the World" into the setlist and I miss it? (BWAH!! I just cracked myself up with that!! :laugh: )
Debbie Lowe
"Thought no one could hear me, I was goin' insane...!"
"Dance, dance, dance across the floor, a lust for life I've never seen before"
05-06-2008, 04:06 PM,

I called back about cameras...HR is allowing cameras, but she also said that the band may not...she wasn't sure. When asked about playing time again, she stated 9-11 pm...Dosen't really matter to me if it's 20 minutes! Maybe if we are patient we will receive some sort of "Official" answer to these questions. :Wink:
05-06-2008, 04:06 PM,

I called back about cameras...HR is allowing cameras, but she also said that the band may not...she wasn't sure. When asked about playing time again, she stated 9-11 pm...Dosen't really matter to me if it's 20 minutes! Maybe if we are patient we will receive some sort of "Official" answer to these questions. :Wink:
05-06-2008, 04:58 PM,

$1,000 later: got a spare ticket for hubby, airline into O'Hare and first class hotel.
I'M GOING!!!! I'M GOING!!!!
RZ: look for me down in front!!!! Blush