Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
San Antonio show
07-24-2008, 07:53 PM,
RE: San Antonio show
Hi gang,

My very first post on the eve of the San Antonio show here in south Texas! I went into the attic and pulled out my CT bowtie and Dream Police badge to wear to work tomorrow. I'm so proud!

I have 3rd row seats tomorrow night so will try to post some pics (and catch some picks Big Grin ) over the weekend.

Hope you all are doing great and I'll talk to you soon.

Michael
We'll always have Paris.
07-24-2008, 08:48 PM,

Hi Chicago Mike! Welcome to the boards. Smile Are you based in Chicago, and travelling to San Antonio? Or are you bodily in San Antonio, but your heart is still in Chicago? Another question: are you really going to wear your CT Bowtie and Dream Police badge to work tomorrow? You are either really brave, or very feared at work! I "work" at home, so I am all powerful!!!! :laugh: I am so jealous of your 3rd row seats! Hope you have a blast at the show, and let us know what picks you catch!
Go Completely Wild!
07-24-2008, 09:05 PM,

Thanks so much for your message PN. I'm a Chicago native who moved to San Antone after 40 years in the windy city. I first saw CT back at the Amphitheater in '79 (first of many shows), so I could not pass up a chance to see the greatest band in the world playing my new home.

My work pals know I'm a CT maniac, so I think they're prepared for my pre-show antics tomorrow.

Anyway, thanks again, have a great one and talk to you soon.

Michael
We'll always have Paris.
07-24-2008, 09:35 PM,

Have a great time Chicago-Mike, and welcome to the boards. We will be waiting to hear your review and good luck with those picks!!
07-25-2008, 11:32 AM,

Chicago-Mike Wrote:Hi gang,

My very first post on the eve of the San Antonio show here in south Texas! I went into the attic and pulled out my CT bowtie and Dream Police badge to wear to work tomorrow. I'm so proud!

I have 3rd row seats tomorrow night so will try to post some pics (and catch some picks Big Grin ) over the weekend.

Hope you all are doing great and I'll talk to you soon.

Michael
Have a great time Mike and welcome to the board. Smile
07-26-2008, 09:32 AM,

Ahhh, what a GREAT story. Thanks so much for sharing and bringing a smile to my Saturday morning! Smile
~
Ive got a feeling
Im going to get a lot of grief
Once this seemed so appealing
Now I am beyond belief
07-26-2008, 10:02 AM,

I hope it wasn't TrickyTolles, that poor man has just gotten back it seems from Iraq.

Congrats on the great experience at the show. A show is such a positive experience, everything else is icing on the cake.
07-26-2008, 12:53 PM,

penguingirl Wrote:I hope it wasn't TrickyTolles, that poor man has just gotten back it seems from Iraq.
I just saw that TrickyTolles64 posted a comment under this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMkNcYiVkvE on youtube that he was going to be at the San Antonio show, so it could have very well been him. Wishing him all the best.
All I want is a place in your heart to fall into
07-26-2008, 01:07 PM,

Actually it could have been him as he said he did post on the boards. It was such a blur i do not remember his real name ..but the beer he bought me was darn good!
07-26-2008, 02:37 PM,

manulipulator Wrote:Actually it could have been him as he said he did post on the boards. It was such a blur i do not remember his real name ..but the beer he bought me was darn good!
There's a picture of him somewhere on the home page under photos. Not sure how many times you have to click next to find it, but I remember seeing a picture of him there taken in Iraq.
All I want is a place in your heart to fall into
07-26-2008, 04:34 PM,

I hope he was at the show, I hope he doesn't have to go back to Iraq.
07-26-2008, 04:45 PM,

I don't get it - why would security take a Sharpie?? I've heard of them taking other things like film but never a marker!
07-27-2008, 05:22 AM,

Teri Wrote:I don't get it - why would security take a Sharpie?? I've heard of them taking other things like film but never a marker!
Perhaps the security guy wanted to get a few autographs. Big Grin
07-27-2008, 12:48 PM,

Teri Wrote:I don't get it - why would security take a Sharpie?? I've heard of them taking other things like film but never a marker!
I think I posted one time that I went to a concert and security confiscated my eyebrow tweezer. Who knows?
"Beautiful thoughts of all kinds crystallize into habits of grace and kindliness, which solidify into genial and sunny circumstances."
07-27-2008, 12:55 PM,

Lady Luck Wrote:
I think I posted one time that I went to a concert and security confiscated my eyebrow tweezer. Who knows?
Sounds like a right plucker. :Wink: